• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think a nice compromise can be found in this mod.

Adds an additional requirement to Medium, High and Absolute CA to have Legalism tech on level 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

It's also very easy to mod yourself if you don't want to, as I didn't, implement everything from that mod: simply go to decisions/crown_laws.txt and add
Code:
TECH_LEGALISM = 1/2/3
under the trigger "allow" to the decisions centralisation_2, centralisation_3, centralisation_4 respectively.

EDIT:
If you want to do it only for one specific title holder (in following example HRE), you'd have to add this syntax instead:
Code:
			OR = {
				TECH_LEGALISM = 1/2/3
				NOT = { title = e_hre }
			}

Last edited:
own = e_hre

Or something equivalent stating that you own the title of the HRE should lock it.

edit : title = e_hre
Should have thought of it...

Last edited:
You can discuss whether this isn't historic. Until the great interregnum after the end of the Hohenstaufen dynasty the crown authority in CK 2terms in the HRE was comparable to a state such as France. The interregnum really hurt the crown authority, however successful Holy Roman Emperors or king of the Romans, like Rudolf of Habsburg and Henry of Luxembourg, did start to reestablish the authority. The focus only really shifted during the reign of Charles IV of Bohemia (Luxembourg), who issued the Golden Bull, which defined the prince-electors and their almost royal privileges and shifted the focus to the own dynastic lands as base of power for the ruler.

So increasing crown authority should be possible, but it should take more time; which IMHO isn't only an issue in the HRE.

Changing the inheritance laws of the HRE is more interesting, IMO in theory it should still be possible, but you probably have to fight all your vassals in order to get their acceptance.

I just wanted to lock it myself because its way to easy to change right now, I am trying Bella Gerant Alii Mod right now and for that I am not locking it. Its a lot better but HRE still needs a bet of work, I agree on inheritance law for HRE should be locked to or fight all the HRE to do it :)

It also works for succession laws btw., so I locked HRE to be elective.
Funny that we all had the same ideas :>

Yeah, I was JUST about to ask about that . . .