• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mikhail_Mengsk

Major
27 Badges
Nov 10, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Hi all, re-learning Vic2 from scratches, all DLC + HPM mod. Why is there so much variance between days when it comes to factory profit and POPs fulfilled needs? Like, one day every POP have 100% life needs, next day 76% of my artisans are starving?

This leads to wild budget variation, and also it confuses me that the balance I see when I open the economic tab isn't the one shown in the little tab in the main screen (which is usually higher and even in the greens when the detailed economic chart says i'm in deficit)...

Also, why are Artisans almost always starving? I put Education/Buraucracy expenses very high, Tariffs to 100% and almost always 100% taxes to everyone, but lowering taxes for middle strata does nothing anyway.

One of the odder mechanics that I've seen is where factories can't buy their input goods (usually because there's a shortage on the world market), so they produce nothing that day. Too often, it's an "all or nothing" proposition, so factories go from making oodles of cash to operating in the red. That affects everyone else downstream, and the artisans making similar goods either profit in the absence of competition, or can't compete. There are no "reserves", and everything operates on an "immediate" basis, so a one-day hiccup can send the whole economy into a tailspin.

Artisans can manufacture small quantities of a lot of odds and ends that there are too few factories (or none at all) to produce. Without them, the game wouldn't function in the beginning, because most of the world's economy is running almost entirely on the output of farmers, miners, and artisans. As time passes and factory output gradually renders them obsolete, they'll slowly switch to other occupations, such as demoting to soldiers and craftsmen. Getting rid of them too soon would be a bad thing. Later, when you've got factories producing everything at much lower costs, they'd be better employed in other fields.

As mentioned, artisans are necessary in the beginning. They're also useful later since that's where you get most of your factory craftsmen from.

Promoting them to craftsmen only works well when a region is building or expanding a few factories that produce the same thing the local artisans are making. Then you can use a NF to help them change over as soon as the factories start producing.

This is why the rabble should be working 16 hour shifts on the weekends, as well, so we don't get gaps such as these.

Damn the rabble! Always asking for votes and safety measures and weekends and other unreasonable demands!

• 1Like
Reactions: