How would you park in this driveway...?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TesseractToby

Second Lieutenant
27 Badges
Sep 10, 2015
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
I just noticed this with the new beach property assets, this driveway would be inaccessible. Is this intentional? Or is the building facing the wrong way?
20240328124910_1.jpg

• 13Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I have seen ones like those in real life in the American south. They baffle me

• 2Like
Reactions:
The rear end would swing out and smash into the fence.

Also can we talk about how ugly that roof & garage is. Why does the garage not start at the edge of the roof? Why is the garage forward of the edge of the side of the house? Why is there an AC unit outside the roof that requires punching through the garage roof to stay in place?

Obviously, why would you design it to point out that way, instead of aiming the door at the road access like a normal person would.

• 6Like
Reactions:

• 13Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The rear end would swing out and smash into the fence.

Also can we talk about how ugly that roof & garage is. Why does the garage not start at the edge of the roof? Why is the garage forward of the edge of the side of the house? Why is there an AC unit outside the roof that requires punching through the garage roof to stay in place?

Obviously, why would you design it to point out that way, instead of aiming the door at the road access like a normal person would.

I lived in a townhouse in Chicago and the parking was off an alley in the back. What was shown is exactly how you do it - you back in.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I lived in a townhouse in Chicago and the parking was off an alley in the back. What was shown is exactly how you do it - you back in.
I had a Corsa (a city car) amd I could get it into pretty much any space, and I could get my 3 Series into pretty much any space too, but I consider myself a good driver... 90% of the driving population are not good drivers...

• 1Like
Reactions:
this works,;)
20240328232047_1.jpg

however seems big cars cant:

20240328231819_1.jpg

still waiting to see this one leaving:

20240328231621_1.jpg

edit:
they couldnt park in garage, the one living there moved away(he left on foot to his work earlier): but the new family arived in this in 1 car (6 people 2 dogs)
20240329163100_1.jpg

also hope those Sim lod's be better

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I'd park under the car port and use the garage for either storage or off road vehicles like dune buggies or quads that I'd run along the beach. ;)

• 3Like
Reactions:
this works,;)
View attachment 1105741
however seems big cars cant:

View attachment 1105743
still waiting to see this one leaving:

View attachment 1105744

edit:
they couldnt park in garage, the one living there moved away(he left on foot to his work earlier): but the new family arived in this in 1 car (6 people 2 dogs)View attachment 1105750
also hope those Sim lod's be better
lol, love how they gradually increase the difficulty. The one in the OP is level 1, this is your new house once you've mastered parking in the garage in the OP.

• 1Haha
Reactions: