How to stop the spamming and make the game better?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(264304)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
Feb 7, 2011
  • Magicka
Easy, every element have 5 charges (5 because spells are made of max 5 elements) and charges regenerate one charge for every couple of seconds (time of E shield wearing off, so you can virtually keep it on all time without spending more than one charge). No spaming and game becomes actually all about strategy and less about dexterity.

Sorry. Idea would ruin the fun of the whole game and I don't want to see magicka becoming a dota game.
Also It would only stop Ice ball and 5D spam. would make people rely on IWDs, beams and bombing.

I prefer people to be able to think fast. If you start spamming one spell against skilled player you lose that game. If you haven't notice that the most chaotic element spells (that use alot of elements are hardest to defend against. I can predict almost instantly when I see a player charge elements what spell is coming. If I hear even small charge I know it's a projectile spell and guard against projectiles and try to strike fast after to enemy's current weakness. I just recently had damn long game 1vs1 of krietor and I think the only spell that was repeated after each other was IWD and that was just briefly because both knew that SARE is perfect immunity against it.

Well, if we would trade stone spaming for beams, bombs and IWD wouldnt it make the gameplay more varied? I still think that battle of two mages should be about their minds/strategy and not Starcraft fingers.

So, if I attack you with water bomb and then/or freeze bomb you will ward with SARE but then I will use fire bombs, and what then? You go for SAFE? Suck it up with water? If you go to SAFE I then go back to freeze bombs etc I would say thats a stupid duel of whoever can cast spells quicker... Thats just Starcraft and we all know what koreans can do... you want Magicka to be dominated by those small yellow guys too?

First of all, that is very offensive.

And you can also use simple E shields or ED shield to block boulders and then counter with whatever you want. What you are describing is just a small portion of the game.

Thirdly: This is not what I consider spamming. Spamming for me is, if someone just stand in a corner and uses only projectiles in rapid succesion without targetting. It is simply annoying.

If the small yellow guys are better than me then, hell yes! I don't mind them dominating the game.
And no... against water bombing that is just stupid. :p
And already stone spaming fails in so many levels that It does not effect my game much.
Before PvP patch only actually fatal spam was SRQ spam right now it's just not good enough to kill. So any actually over powered spam is already out of the game.
Honestly I don't mind them making some method of shielding against stones but nerfing the heck out of the way the game works is just stupid and would piss more people off than it would make happy.

Honestly I don't mind them making some method of shielding against stones but nerfing the heck out of the way the game works is just stupid and would piss more people off than it would make happy.

Not even nerfing stone, but buffing the stone/ice armor to actually protect agains stone and/or ice.

PS @Tomi: I wouldn't even bother protecting against fire. It does very little damage and is easily removed with water. Cold on the other hand slows you, which will be fatal with any decent player.

Not even nerfing stone, but buffing the stone/ice armor to actually protect agains stone and/or ice.

PS @Tomi: I wouldn't even bother protecting against fire. It does very little damage and is easily removed with water. Cold on the other hand slows you, which will be fatal with any decent player.
This guy knows what he is talking about. Seconded.

If the small yellow guys are better than me then, hell yes! I don't mind them dominating the game.
And no... against water bombing that is just stupid. :p
And already stone spaming fails in so many levels that It does not effect my game much.
Before PvP patch only actually fatal spam was SRQ spam right now it's just not good enough to kill. So any actually over powered spam is already out of the game.

Offensive? What? Havent your parents teach you anything about racism? You seriously need to be more "white powah" and less "I love all" - chinesse are taking over the world and only racism can save us.

Never said I was polar bear. I wonder if you are Italian to make such mistake (Orso Bianche). Although Your name look something a Finnish person would take.

Your later sarcasm doesn't change the fact that this is blatantly racist:
So, if I attack you with water bomb and then/or freeze bomb you will ward with SARE but then I will use fire bombs, and what then? You go for SAFE? Suck it up with water? If you go to SAFE I then go back to freeze bombs etc I would say thats a stupid duel of whoever can cast spells quicker... Thats just Starcraft and we all know what koreans can do... you want Magicka to be dominated by those small yellow guys too?

I really like this idea. It really doesn't make sense that a fully charged earth shield fails to protect from an earth projectile. The way I see it, if you're going to charge up a projectile, there is no reason to use anything other than DDDDD. Kind of makes every other charged projectile in the game largely useless.

I realize they have some limited usage - but buffing earth would certainly force me to be a little more creative - which is a good thing

The main problem about spamming is that is lowers my FPS to like 10.. and slows down my keyboard in like crazy, so even if I think fast I don't have time to cast the right ward.

tip: You can press any of the different letters at same time. Only thing you can have problem with is the 5D's and others with repetitive same letter. example: best way to do IWD is first tap RQ and then SARE.

Any idea that includes having charges, mana, cooldowns or anything like that for spells, elements, etc goes directly against the idea behind Magicka's spell system, which was intended to break free from the standard spell system ideas you see in 99% of the games that include any kind of spells.