• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

commissar roach

Sergeant
Community Ambassador
102 Badges
May 27, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
As of the 2nd of November, there will be a hotfix, for those that wish to roll back their game version there are two options. One for the release version and the other for the hotfix and later versions.

For versions released before the hotfix:

Get a code for the version you want:

1. Go to https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games and log in (or create) your Paradox Account.
  2. Scroll Down.
  3. Find "Access Earlier Versions"
  4. Click "Show"
  5. See below to revert to older versions under passlock.

Apply the code in steam:
  1. Go to your Steam Library and select your game of choice.
  2. Right-click and select Properties.
  3. Under the “BETAS” tab.
  4. Enter the relevant code retrieved from Paradox Plaza and click “CHECK CODE”.
  5. Select the version you wish to play and wait for Steam launcher to finalize the switch.
  6. If the previous step fails, exit the game, right click properties, local files, Verify the integrity of game files and wait for all files to be verified.

For Versions released after hotfix rollout:

1. Right click the game in Steam

how to 1.png

2. Go to Properties and select the tab called "BETAS"
how to 2.png

3. Pick the version you want to play and close.
4. Allow the game to update
5. Make sure, before you load any save, that the version number in the game is the one you want.
6. If the previous step fails, exit the game, right click -> properties -> local files -> Verify integrity of game files and wait for all files to be verified before going back to step 5.

Note: You can freely swap between the latest version and previous versions this way. By selecting "NONE - opt out of all beta programs" you go to the latest released version.

UPDATE As of 1.3.3:
If you wish to run the game on 1.2.7, the "Voice of the People" as well as "Voice of the People Theme" DLCs need to be disabled in the launcher to allow it to run!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any option for doing the same with the pdx launcher? He does always upgrade to your latest version. These version are not working on my windows 11 computer (the isn't showable but there are 3 processes in the taskmanager started). My biggest problem is, i cant start now any pdx game that uses the launcher. With the earlier version 2022-10-8 the launcher starts but after a restart he is automatically updated and no start possible :/

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any option for doing the same with the pdx launcher? He does always upgrade to your latest version. These version are not working on my windows 11 computer (the isn't showable but there are 3 processes in the taskmanager started). My biggest problem is, i cant start now any pdx game that uses the launcher. With the earlier version 2022-10-8 the launcher starts but after a restart he is automatically updated and no start possible :/
There is no such option, no. We need to fix your launcher. Please start a new thread in any Tech Support forum on that issue.

No Victoria 3 in "Access earlier versions" list

I noticed that Victoria 3 shows up "Victoria 3 (Steam CN)" in my games, is that the reason?

View attachment 904388
No, it's because that list only show games that have versions more than about 3 years old, that need codes. No more recent game versions need codes at all, including this game.

No, it's because that list only show games that have versions more than about 3 years old, that need codes. No more recent game versions need codes at all, including this game.
So, Andrew, forgive me if I get this wrong, *and please do inform* me if I am incorrect, but keep my post here so as to make all clear on the detail, but seeing as I was informed that Empire at War, though on Paradox's Steam platform, is not a Paradox product; where would I find the details for the beta code for that particular game? I really do want to know, so I can rollback an update, or a few, and keep them rolled back, without being a pain in the back of the neck to anybody.

Do you mean Star Wars: Empire at War? That game is nothing whatsoever to do with Paradox.

Yes, Sir, because I got it on Steam; so I'm wondering how to roll it back, the "Star Wars Empire at War" and I have observed the Paradox insignia, or one of them *on* that game when booting it up.

Yes, Sir, because I got it on Steam; so I'm wondering how to roll it back, the "Star Wars Empire at War" and I have observed the Paradox insignia, or one of them *on* that game when booting it up.
I'm afraid you are mistaken - that is not a Paradox game. Looking at its entry in Steam:

Unfortunatly all my savegames with 1.2.7 are CTD when I rolled back version to 1.2.7 - have the right version, however the new Titlescreen appears! (with mod also stays on this version)

Last edited:
Unfortunatly all my savegames with 1.2.7 are CTD when I rolled back version to 1.2.7 - have the right version, however the new Titlescreen appears! (with mod also stays on this version)
Try a full clean re-install while still on 1.2.7:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Vic3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Victoria3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add Victoria3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Victoria3 or Documents Victoria3 locations, before installing again.

Good luck!

Yes, i can confirm I do have the same issue with max. Just trying to reinstall and even delete all registry entries, but I am not hopefull this will help. I feel like your Beta 1.27 Version got mixed up with newer content.

If that is so, only the developers can fix it! Please post it in Bug Reports, thanks.

I'm afraid you are mistaken - that is not a Paradox game. Looking at its entry in Steam:
So, Andrew, where do I find the ability to roll back an update to that particular game; pray tell? It clearly is on Steam, as I downloaded it from there precisely. So they've got to have a mechanism to allow rolling back the updates to that game.
As for my delay, I do apologize for the lateness thereof in terms of replying.

So they've got to have a mechanism to allow rolling back the updates to that game.
I'm afraid that is not the case - whether a developer puts up old versions in the Steam Betas tab is up to them, it is not automatic.

Please contact them, we cannot help with games from other developers or publishers.

I'm afraid that is not the case - whether a developer puts up old versions in the Steam Betas tab is up to them, it is not automatic.

Please contact them, we cannot help with games from other developers or publishers.
Don't worry, *that* part makes perfect sense. As for us, I apologize for the lateness of this reply.