• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gazelle2

Private
29 Badges
Jan 17, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
At some stops, I have around 150 people waiting which is quite a lot and they are all unhappy because of the long waiting times.

How do you handle this?

-Build more vehicles until it reaches acceptable levels? (and what are acceptable levels in your opinion?)
-Or do you raise prices enormously to reduce the amount of people willing to take the bus?

I am just a new player so I am wondering how you handled this.

I am playing normal by the way.

Water cannons are reliable...

just joking...
seldom and just for my metro stations, I resolved the problem with more trains. But that just in case I was lucky and the crowd isn't a high numbered mass, like 600 persons... a tram just can't do that, because even if you trow a lot of cars in, the were blocked by traffic jams or starts at the other end of the line...
it's an issue.
My hint: just don't let it happen and use from the beginning the right choice of transport: metro für the inner city, busses for the outskirts.

Water cannons are reliable...
I was thinking about flamethrowers, but maybe it's too brutal...;-)

Anyway: if it's a bus stop -> maybe upgrade to tram
if it's a tram or a bus stop -> upgrade to metro
if it's a crowded metro station -> build parallel metro line for the busy stations ( it can have a completely different route for the others) - it can be either REALLY CLOSE to your existing stations, so you just upgrade the capacity of that specific line, or create it further and create alternative routes by that.

For example: if you have a river running through your city, if you build one line connecting the two sides, it'll be crowded fast. Now you can either build a new one next to this one or further, but also connecting the sides, it can both help in reducing the crowd at your first line, but one option is usually better for your network and for your plans...

If you can't afford a metro line, i would suggest you to optimize some tram routes, and make stops mainly in avenues or offroads (also tracks, place them offroads when possible), it helps a lot with high traffic zones. Besides, make 2 or 3 routes sharing most important and crowded stops would be useful.

what is that place? Is it in the city center, or suburb?....

Personally, I will go for tram, it's faster and have a slightly higher capacity. But if that's a place with high traffic demands, then that's what metro's for. :)
It are the already built bus lines in the first scenario. (In Berlin)
So it is more or less in the center I think.

But it is not really the idea to remove lines that are already there in a scenario right?

So I thought, maybe I should just buy lots of buses to reduce the number of people waiting?

It are the already built bus lines in the first scenario. (In Berlin)
So it is more or less in the center I think.

But it is not really the idea to remove lines that are already there in a scenario right?

So I thought, maybe I should just buy lots of buses to reduce the number of people waiting?

Lost of buses might be a bad oidea since there's already a lot of traffic and more buses will mess with that even more. What I did in that scenario is build a metro between the 3 bus lines. I did keep them, but i guess replacing one or two of them with trams might be helpful too. Or split the bus line into 2. Or just ignore it, if it's only one or two stations and deal with it, when you got more money.

If you will buy lots of buses you will have traffic jams and the passengers will be even more angry.
You can add buses but only to a certain level. It is hard to say what is the maximum amount of buses you can operate on a certain line. It depends on the line length, number of stops and congestion on the roads.
If you still have more passengers than you can handle, check your network. You might need to add lines, stops, maybe re-working your entire bus network (They did it in Tel Aviv last week, almost all lines were cancelled and there are tons of new lines). To do that you need to check where people in the crowded stations are going, are they changing lines? Where?

I'd recommend you to start with sandbox mode, it's a much better way of learning how the game works...
Yeah, really?
So maybe most of you did not complete the campaign at all?

I thought the campaign would give an easy introduction (at least in the beginning) to the game, but that is not the case?
I also completed the tutorial by the way.

I will start a sandbox now then and see how that goes. :)
Which are the best cities to start with?
But I really thought that starting with the campaign was the way to go. (as it is in most games)

Lol, i guess it depends who you ask. I started with the Tutorial and then the Campaign. Haven't touched Sandbox at all :p
I started with the tutorial, played a bit with campaign and sandbox mode since then. So it's really just a matter of taste, but i found it easier for myself to just focus on building a useful network in sandbox mode instead of completing missions...

But I really thought that starting with the campaign was the way to go. (as it is in most games)

Yes, in most games. In CiM campaign is like the normal game with a history background. There is not teaching.
I think the best city to start is the Tutorial town. It's small and nice city. Also includes traffic jams, that will must learn how do deal with.
I finished all the missions, except Tokyo that I'm still playing.

P.S.: oh, u already finish the tutorial. In this case I would go with Amsterdam, then Viena, then Berlin.