• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mutineer

Major
83 Badges
Dec 13, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
Well, they some how creep on me, I did not noticed and never had more then 50% in bureaucracy but I got 2.5% of them and crime everywhere. I need only 1.6, so, How to reduce them? They seems do not want to change even when I run 20%, which is no good as crime rampant.

I would like to know the answer as well. I recruited some bureaucrats using national focus as France, and kept the slider at 100% until I had enough. But now they are growing fast without anything like national focuses and the funding is 50% too. There are so many bureaucrats in the nation that the administrative costs have gone sky high. My budget cannot handle so many useless bureaucrats, I cannot pay them all.

When I turn the administrative funds to 0%, they all stop earning any money, start becoming angry, and start joining and funding the rebels. And anything like even 20% at the slider makes them grow like pigs.

I wish there was something to reduce a POP just like we have national focuses to encourage one type of POP. I have so many unemployed farmers and labourers, and all these useless bureaucrats.

Let them revolt and kill them off. :cool:
I'd rather not to have that many in the first place.
You could also check their needs in budget once a year, if they get luxuries, lower spending.

You could also check their needs in budget once a year, if they get luxuries, lower spending.

The fun thing is, I was once playing as China and I had around 30% turn bureaucrats (which was, basically, around 2,500,000). It was so hilariously ridiculous, I had no money left and had debts from every bank and owed money to every peasant around the world. The government officials all couldn't get their pay, were the first to rebel and eventually toppled government after government (because no one was able to give them money) until I quitted. :p

My only fault? I once promoted a few bureaucrats in every province for a year for the sake of maximizing tax efficiency and cut crime. It seems like when you promote something for a large scale, it just goes on promoting itself forever.

Honestly the only "good" solution I have ever really found for this problem is to lower admin spending to 0 and deal with the consequences.

I really never understand what happened to pop which revolted and was killed? I was thinking by some reason that it disperses back to pop. Does it really get killed of?

When people die in this game, they DIE.