• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chris20000

Sergeant
1 Badges
Apr 20, 2024
  • Cities: Skylines
Hi guys does anyone know how to edit the area around the tiles? As shown in attachment

I want to get rid of this dragon

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1455.jpeg
    IMG_1455.jpeg
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
By loading the original un-played map in the map editor. You can then terraform outside of the playable area, save it then play the new edited version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Huge thanks for the reply really appreciated

I will try that shortly

Can I ask can you add buildings outside of playable map?

Update - the load map in editor isn't showing anything ?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
No, you can't place anything outside the playable area.

1: Go to C Drive, Click View - Select Show - Select Hidden Items
2: Now navigate to Users - Your User Name - AppData - LocalLow - Colossal Order - City Skylines 2 - Maps

Do you see a folder called maps? and if so is there anything inside it?

...don't forget to re-hide "Hidden Items" when you exit C Drive

Last edited:
....is that a custom map you downloaded or a saved game you downloaded? If its a saved game it won't show in the Map Editor as not editable.

Last edited:
I downloaded 3 maps all called Flat Island and none had a Dragon, couldn't find any others. If you send me a link I can sort it and upload it...unless you have spent to much time on current one and don't want to start over.

I downloaded 3 maps all called Flat Island and none had a Dragon, couldn't find any others. If you send me a link I can sort it and upload it...unless you have spent to much time on current one and don't want to start over.
Is there a way I can send you it ?

I am going check which one it was but I really thought I could just get rid of dragon later

Attachments

• IMG_1382.jpeg
    IMG_1382.jpeg
    2,4 MB · Views: 0
gasp-- why would you want to delete such a pretty dragon??? lol, you're using my map so I uploaded a new version that has the dragon underwater, Was not planning on updating it yet due to climate settings still not saving... but it has almost what you want lol, so there ya go. "Artificial Island" is the name of the map btw.

• 2Like
Reactions:
gasp-- why would you want to delete such a pretty dragon??? lol, you're using my map so I uploaded a new version that has the dragon underwater, Was not planning on updating it yet due to climate settings still not saving... but it has almost what you want lol, so there ya go. "Artificial Island" is the name of the map btw.
Oh sorry man I didn't mean it like that, I think your joking by sounds it anyway , cool dragon but just for my fictional world it is meant to be sea in the north

If I have started is there a way I can change the map , I have done a lot so I don't want to start again, close 60 hours already lol

Thanks

Yeah was jk no worries, it was intended to be more of what it is now. It's just trial an error with the heightmap to get it just right. Making things unnatural can be more difficult... anyways, has Darren said, you cant change your save has far has I know, the area around the tiles is a separate heightmap added in the editor, so you would need a way to delete that in your save file.

Honestly I'd just start over using you current save has a guide. The journey changes quite a bit has we have more tools and resources into the game. Steam says I have over 880hrs into CS2 and 99% of that is me working on that map and falling asleep with the game running since I'm usually tired when I have time to work on it lol. You've played the game more than I have with it lol. This is why I started with making my own map instead of playing the game, just to give the game and mods time to mature.

Yeah, you can be completely surrounded by water if you want to and is probably best tbh, since you cant really work on the outside area even in the editor and it's lower quality transitions looks bad in most maps. The editor is not hard to learn for making maps even in its current unfinished state, I would encourage you to try to make your own map following a guide.

Hi I downloaded v2 but is it possible to remove the green moon shaped land from the map in a v3 ?

I think your island is still the best for what I'm looking but i really wanted just all water or a very small number of small islands with small mountains would be cool

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
That crescent island is meant to be a placeholder for the mainland that the tunnels go to. I only plan to change it if we can ever work on the outside area properly. What I can do is teach you what to do since uploading multiple versions of my map would be very troublesome. It's very easy I promise lol:

1. Start the game and head into the editor.

2. On the "Workspace" panel to the left, click on "Map" to open it's panel on the right, click the "Load Map" button on the bottom of this panel, select my map and hit the "Load" button.

3. Now, click the shovel icon on the bottom middle to open the "Modify Terrain" panel.

4. Click on the "Remove Worldmap" and poof, everything is gone outside the build area.

5. Go back to "Map" then "Save Map", give it a different File Name at the bottom and hit "Save".

If my map is not on the list, it could be due to a bug and restarting the game should hopefully fix it or you can manually get the files like so:

1. Go to my mod's page on paradox plaza with the game off.

2. Click the "Download mod" link to manually download the mod's files.

3. Extract the Zip for the .cok and .cid files.

4. Place these two files in your editor's Maps directory.
"C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Colossal Order\Cities Skylines II\Maps\BunchOfNumbers\"

5. Refer to previous instructions.

You can do this for any map including ones built into the game. This can be helpful for editing to your liking or learning how others do things. Just make sure to never share a modification like this unless you get the author's permission first.

• 1Like
Reactions: