• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

arandomperson123454

Private
21 Badges
Dec 27, 2017
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
I am playing as Russia and it is 1842, and a crisis has emerged in the Ottoman Empire. Albania is trying to free itself or something. Right now, Austria (my ally (I wanted to ally France but they wouldn't accept and Austria gave me an early alliance so I took it)) has sided with Albania and England, Prussia, and Spain have all sided with the Ottoman Empire. France and I are still undecided, and there is 13 tension. I am scared of getting into a war, as they are very expensive. I have 101 brigades, but 19 of them are sitting in Hokkiado and I only have 5 army technologies as my literacy is still terrible. I would much rather save my money for building railroads and my pops for invading Sokoto or Brunei. What should I do?
Edit: Also, my navy consists of 11 clipper transports, all of which are in Asian Russia.

Last edited:
1. Restart until you get a more favourable situation
2. You are Russia, you have tons of men to throw into the grinder
3. Tension is still low, so you have loads of time to ship all troops to the front
4. It is only 1842, AI tends to not do any Military techs until 1850ish
5. GO FOR IT!

Yeah, the AI won't try to fight battles that are too one sided. The UK is always a bit of game controller early on, as a unified germany is later..or as Russia can be when fully stocked with troops and military tech.

But its 1842, plenty more crisis to come.