• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lenny.d

Corporal
3 Badges
Mar 6, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
on the internet there coming more mods for this game ,but what i dont understand is how or where to place those mods,the talking about a map for addons.
but i can not found maps with those future,so plz can some 1 explain me how to add mods,or where to findt the map addons.:wacko:

yes ok i now that you must make a map for the maps that you download,so what you mean is that you must make a speciale map to for those mods in the same folder where you make the map for the map downloads,do i understand now.

Download the GS File viewer, which can be found on this website.

http://www.citiesinmotionexchange.com/index.php?/files/category/2-tools/

Install it.
Go to your root folder of Cities in Motion.
Create a folder named ''metro''
Open metro.gs with the GS file viewer.
Select then ''Unpack whole GS file to folder...'' (button in the middle)
Unpack it in the newly made folder ''metro'' in your root folder.

So now you have a folder called ''metro'' and it full of other folders and files.

That's good, you've unpacked metro.gs to the folder metro succesfully.

Rename ''metro.gs'' to ''metro.old.gs''

The game can read a normal folder the same as a .gs file.

Now you can put the files of a mod in the folder ''metro''.
You couldn't do that before because you couldn't open the metro.gs file.

To add a map, just go to your documents and then to the cities in motion folder.
Go to maps and put all files in there.

Niels

Well, it's not necessary to rename the metro.gs file. If it's not unpacked, and you want to add a mod, you can just create a metro folder, and add the mod there. For example: there's the metro folder in the game folder, which has the only ui folder with the only linepanel.script file (LineNumberMod). In this case the game uses both the metro.gs file and the linepanel.script file from the metro/ui/linepanel folder.