• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Potoroo

Mostly harmless
36 Badges
Oct 7, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
I've searched for twenty minutes on this and found nothing. Astonishing.

How does ignore user work in practice? Does it mean they cannot see anything I post (which I want)? Or does it merely mean I will never see their reaction?

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you ignore people then you don't see their posts or other content.

Reactions are, afaik, unaffected. But that's just what I heard, I don't use that feature.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
If you ignore people then you don't see their posts or other content.

Reactions are, afaik, unaffected. But that's just what I heard, I don't use that feature.
We should become invisible to each other, at least directly. If I put you on Ignore you should never see anything I post and vice versa, so the question of reactions becomes moot. Otherwise, certain gutless wonders who hide behind hidden profiles who never post anything get to continue their nasty ways unimpeded, which would be pointless.

Someone must know how the system works!

• 1Like
Reactions:
We should become invisible to each other, at least directly.
No. You deciding to ignore me shouldn't have any effect on the stuff I see. Ever.

But I agree, when you decide to ignore me then you shouldn't see anything from me - reactions included.

Someone must know how the system works!
Except of the reactions part (where I don't know) it is as I said. It's the same in every forum I know: You putting me on ignore means you are ignoring me. Nothing more.

• 1Like
Reactions:
No. You deciding to ignore me shouldn't have any effect on the stuff I see. Ever.

But I agree, when you decide to ignore me then you shouldn't see anything from me - reactions included.

Except of the reactions part (where I don't know) it is as I said. It's the same in every forum I know: You putting me on ignore means you are ignoring me. Nothing more.
It does on every other platform I've ever used. But Paradox likes to do things the wrong way so I thought I'd check.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I already answered it besides one small uncertainty. Just try it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The official forum of the forum software provider seems to confirm it:

• 1Like
Reactions:
It does on every other platform I've ever used. But Paradox likes to do things the wrong way so I thought I'd check.
Which platform works that way? Sounds like a Black Mirror episode.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Which platform works that way? Sounds like a Black Mirror episode.
Reddit does it, as does FaceBook. If someone is such a toxic troll you put them on Ignore they do not see and cannot respond to anything you post. That's a proper Ignore system because it deprives the troll of the opportunity to interact with you in any way. Otherwise they're still out there dumping on you. Just cutting yourself off from seeing that is grossly inadequate. A proper Ignore system stops it in its tracks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
"Ignore" on web forums is generally a Mute button, not a Block button.

If someone is genuinely a toxic troll, then you should report them to the moderators, who will no doubt be happy to ban such an individual from the forums.

Reactions:
"Ignore" on web forums is generally a Mute button, not a Block button.

If someone is genuinely a toxic troll, then you should report them to the moderators, who will no doubt be happy to ban such an individual from the forums.
So I wanted to know if the Ignore function was actually useful and it turns out that's also a no.

Last edited:
Reactions:
So I wanted to know if the Ignore function was actually useful and it turns out that's also a no.
It's useful, but not for the purpose you wanted.

It does the job I use it for very well.

Reactions: