• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Bolshevik

Recruit
Mar 18, 2023
I tried making a custom country minister for my Darkest Hour Full. It always ends in an error. I don't know how to fix it. Does somebody know how to do the right way? Or any tips maybe so that I could make it by myself? Thank you.

If I remember correctly DH editor was fine for doing this, I never got how ID were working for minister.
From my little experience with ministers, be sure to link a valid picture to your ministers and to set valid personality (it should be the same as vanilla, i mean same typo too, capital letters are important or it can mess files!).
Are you trying to add minister to an existing country or create minister for a new country ?
Best way to work around mistake is to use savebug.txt in you main DH directory. You can have more detailed error report by changing the savebug setting in setting.txt in your main DH directory

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
By the same typo i mean use capital letter where there are capital letters in vanilla. Exemple : when I open minister_afg, the first minister (head of state
Muhammed Zahir)
has a personality named "Autocratic Charmer". If you create a minister using this type of personality, it is important that you put the capital A to autocratic (and not autocratic) and the C the charmer or it will be buggy. Can you send the file or give us an example of your modification ? :)

By the same typo i mean use capital letter where there are capital letters in vanilla. Exemple : when I open minister_afg, the first minister (head of state
Muhammed Zahir)
has a personality named "Autocratic Charmer". If you create a minister using this type of personality, it is important that you put the capital A to autocratic (and not autocratic) and the C the charmer or it will be buggy. Can you send the file or give us an example of your modification ?
Example:

minister: "Hirohito"
Position: headofstate
trait: NPERSONALITY_HIROHITO2
description: DPERSONALITY_HIROHITO2

And when I put it in either darkesthour.csv or extra.csv, it always right. But when I begin the game, I always get an error. The mod cannot get opened. I didn't have a typo. Also, do you remember that extra minister mod? When I put that minister mod in the copy of darkest hour file, that copy also can't get opened. I wonder why.