• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GodModder

Captain
39 Badges
May 10, 2021
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
The wiki says building forts and raising levies is how you protect your holdings' treasure, but that's flat-out not working.

I have forts at max level.

I have a retinue already waiting in the province where the raiders arrive.

My retinue utterly destroys the raiders in no time flat.

The holdings in that province? Still looted.

Is there no way to stop this?

The holdings in that province? Still looted.
What exactly do you mean by "looted" here? (Screenshots would probably help.)

The procedure you describe (having troops already present in the province when the raiders arrive; or equivalently raising the local levies on the same day that the raiders arrive) should prevent the raiders from taking any loot, and it certainly works in my games. I suppose it's possible I've missed the tiniest sliver of looting on that first day, but it sounds like your problem is a bit bigger than that...

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "looted" here? (Screenshots would probably help.)

The procedure you describe (having troops already present in the province when the raiders arrive; or equivalently raising the local levies on the same day that the raiders arrive) should prevent the raiders from taking any loot, and it certainly works in my games. I suppose it's possible I've missed the tiniest sliver of looting on that first day, but it sounds like your problem is a bit bigger than that...
Honestly, it's not a lot. The tax value when hovering over the holding changes from the normal tax value in white text, to a slightly smaller tax value in red text with the phrase (Looted) after it. Like from "200" (in white text) to "192 (Looted)" in red text.

It's not really that big a deal, but it's really bugging me that there seems to be nothing I can do to stop it going down at all when raiders arrive.

So there's nothing I can do short of this? There are a lot of raiders that show up, and they're halfway across the map from me.
You can in theory settle an adventurer, which protects you from raids for a whole 5 years. Or maybe 10. Never seemed worthwhile to me.

If you defeat raiders in battle, they cannot raid you again for 5 years. (This is a character-to-character limit, like a truce, so if either party dies then the raiding can resume.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
(Also, defeating a raider doesn't stop other raiders, only that one dude... Also^2, you need to have 'Shattered Retreat' enabled for it to work.)

Living in the past sucked ... raiding and being enslaved was a problem in Europe until the 1600s. Then for another 200, it was still a problem in western Africa, and a further 100 in eastern...

Are you sure your mods aren't what's causing the problem?

In my experience as someone who's played a lot of CK2, units shouldn't be able to loot during a battle. If a hostile army is in a province it depletes the province's wealth (the thing circled in black on this screenshot)
province wealth.png

This might be what you mean by "looting", but the wealth depleted from that bar should never go to the units' owner unless they're able to raid, which they wouldn't be if they're in the middle of a battle. If the gold stored on the ships increases as the wealth bar decreases, something very weird is going on and I'd advise you to test it out without any mods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you sure your mods aren't what's causing the problem?

In my experience as someone who's played a lot of CK2, units shouldn't be able to loot during a battle. If a hostile army is in a province it depletes the province's wealth (the thing circled in black on this screenshot)
View attachment 745618
This might be what you mean by "looting", but the wealth depleted from that bar should never go to the units' owner unless they're able to raid, which they wouldn't be if they're in the middle of a battle. If the gold stored on the ships increases as the wealth bar decreases, something very weird is going on and I'd advise you to test it out without any mods.
I probably should check that yellow bar, but I usually never notice. I'm talking about when you hover over a holding and see its tax income.

I am playing with a mod, but it's a mod I made every inch of myself. There is zilch that affects raiding, so it shouldn't be that. You're right that I should check without mods just in case though.

By now, however, I've given up and simply edited the save game to include the game rule for raiding to be off.