• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That only works for ruling the Byzantine Empire. There are other ways, i think if you're greek and a lunatic is the other one. Also there may or may not be a hellenic county nearby during that start date that you can annex and choose to convert. Lastly if you have a hellenic wife or concubine you can convert that way as well.

That only works for ruling the Byzantine Empire. There are other ways, i think if you're greek and a lunatic is the other one. Also there may or may not be a hellenic county nearby during that start date that you can annex and choose to convert. Lastly if you have a hellenic wife or concubine you can convert that way as well.

No per the wiki he needs this:

If you are a non-heretical Christian, of Greek, Italian, or Roman culture, your capital is located in Southern Europe, you completely control a Hellenic Holy Site, and have chosen scholarship focus or have the Insane, Possessed, Mystic, or Scholar traits, you will have access to a new decision: Delve into Classics. When taken, this decision allows a character to go through a short event chain allowing you to convert to Hellenic paganism.

My guess is because your liege is the Byz Emperor you don't "fully control" the holy site--he does. Other than that you might just need the scholar or mystic trait.

If you are a non-heretical Christian, of Greek, Italian, or Roman culture, your capital is located in Southern Europe, you completely control a Hellenic Holy Site, and have chosen scholarship focus or have the Insane, Possessed, Mystic, or Scholar traits, you will have access to a new decision: Delve into Classics. When taken, this decision allows a character to go through a short event chain allowing you to convert to Hellenic paganism.

My guess is because your liege is the Byz Emperor you don't "fully control" the holy site--he does. Other than that you might just need the scholar or mystic trait.
I shall try that

Delve into classics is that like an event or is that i have to press on my character or in the decisions

I've done it more than a few times as Venice as a Byzantine vassal. In that case, I pressed a county claim on Syracuse. Once I controlled the top level holding of the county and the lower holdings were my vassals, the decision appeared in the intrigue menu. You can only take it once, so choose the options about the gods. Other options will give +2 martial, diplo, or learning, IIRC, but it's been a while.

Im starting in the year 769 and controlling Atheniai

I read on other sites im supose to choose schoolarship and then choose something like delve into classic or something but it does not work and i dont get an event or an option to secretly convert to hellenic plez help

thats my character https://gyazo.com/0561d45eee4b8a4802a5af99b97216d8

Your character is heretic, so you can't have this decision.

There is 1 country in the 769 start that still has Hellenic religion. Are you saying that if you own that county and make it your capital, you can't convert via the standard methods? In other words, is the info in the Wiki simply an additional way to convert to Hellenic, or is it the only way?

There is 1 country in the 769 start that still has Hellenic religion. Are you saying that if you own that county and make it your capital, you can't convert via the standard methods? In other words, is the info in the Wiki simply an additional way to convert to Hellenic, or is it the only way?

If your capital is Hellenic, you can convert using it. The way on the wiki is how to do it when that option is unavailable, either because you don't have the county, or because it's been converted already. If you're in a good enough position and are early enough in the game, you could also try to steal the Hellenic courtier that usually spawns in Monemvasia's court and use him to educate people.

The other way to do it is to wait until you restore the Roman Empire. That gives you a decision to change and some your vassals will join you. The others may rebel, but that just gives you a reason to revoke their titles

As was mentioned already, in the specific case you're heretic, and it requires to be a non-heretical christian (of Greek or Italian culture). Once your liege renounced iconoclasm it will work fine. You'll not openly convert right away, but instead start to practice in secret, allowing you to form a religious cult to take over the empire, or build up in disguise until you make an own bid at that.