• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RamsayBoIton

Second Lieutenant
Oct 30, 2017
I am emperor of Byzantines, catholic.

The Mongols recently appeared. Their 100k army is smaller than mine (110k).

I invited Genghis's heir (his first son) to my court, married him matrilineally to my daughter and gave her some land. They have a son together from my dynasty. But now it shows that Genghis' heir to the Mongol Horde is a younger, landless son. How is this?

I can probably murder all the brothers but I suspect the heir will keep becoming somebody else.

I used the above method to gain some kingdoms in the past. Is there any other way?

I have changed some default pre-game settings: allow matrilineal marriages, communicate with distant realms, full women rights, etc..

He's the heir to the clan, not the Empire, I imagine

Why does it say Temujin's heir is his 8 year old son? He has less prestige than Temujin's older sons.
Are the older sons Mongol like Temujin? Only same-culture people are allowed to inherit the clan.

As for the empire, check the other khans in the empire. The highest-prestige adult khan will be the next khagan if it's not a son.

doesn't a nomadic heir have to be within the realm?

Nomadic succession is ONLY within the dynasty. You'll never inherit another clan via marriage.

If you want the title you'll have to marry you or your heir to one of their claimants (be sure claimant has inheritable claim,) have a kid (your grand heir,) and then inherit a weak claim when that claimant dies.

From there you'd best hope the Khagan goes into regency somehow so you can press the weak claim. Sending a Nomad realm into regency (or claimant war) is more difficult than other government types.

Why does it say Temujin's heir is his 8 year old son? He has less prestige than Temujin's older sons.
It sounds as if you don't have Horse Lords. If so, the steppe is tribal not nomadic and the Mongols will use ultimogeniture succession (youngest son inherits).

With ultimogeniture, you can keep murdering the siblings (and their children maybe, I can't quite recall the order of succession) until only the one you're married to remain. Or just declare war to install your claimant after succession.

Just remember that tribals have concubines and with ultimogeniture, any new child your claimant get with a cocubines goes before your daughters children and won't be of your dynasty.