• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

makaramus

Field Marshal
65 Badges
Apr 17, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Ok I know basic stuff :I incrased my authority to above like 54 controling 2 religious centers(will try to take one at egypt but making money for it)
I got 18 knowladge chaplain
what else can I do? as you can expect I am on timer... byzantium literaly staring into my soul since they are bordering to me now and they are much powerful than all the muslims I fought aganist there :S
So if possible I dont want to wait 40-50 years to convert it what is alternative?

The only things I can think of are nomads razing a holding to the ground and converting it--which it doesn't sound like you're playing as--and monastic orders, which only Christian/Eastern/Hellenics get.

i think jews don't have a monastic society. that would be the easiest way (rank 4 monastic society members can force convert provinces)

i guess the fastest way might be to convert to something else (for example orthodox so the threatening byz can't holy war you :) ) and start/join a secret jewish cult. one of the functions of the secret society is "prepare grounds" which targets a county and (if successful) makes it flip religion instantly once you decide to openly adopt the secret religion.

yea I done it took like 60 years but luckly as jew silkroad is very valueable I was able to maintain 3 mercs with 3 ducal titles :D
By the way it was thanks to event that converting your culture not because of my chaplain... children's crusade targeted me at the meantime but they are are just numbers and nothing else, defeated them and instantly formed israel :D

Last edited:
Having this problem today too and I've waited 30+ years in-game...
It's quite annoying for a decision like this. Even modern Israel didn't need to convert population in Jerusalem first. Having some Franks alliances and settlement/fort is enough

What's your annual conversion chance?

With a high learning (27) Court Chaplain, and high Jewish MA (100%) my chance of converting a Catholic Jerusalem was 20% p.a.
Consequently it only took a few years.
I didn't note down the Catholic MA, but I would guess it was 100%, as my near complete conquest of Arabia & Persia has allowed Catholicism to flourish.

Oddly enough converting a Jewish heretic county (Karaite, MA 20%) seems to be harder (15.8% chance) than converting a heathen county (Sunni, MA 96.5%) (20% chance).
Though the Karaite county does have the 'heretic stronghold' county modifier.... I wonder if that has an undocumented negative effect upon conversion chance?

What's your annual conversion chance?
It's around 5% (0.35 MA, 21 learning Court Chaplain) I guess. I'm not going to play mega Israel empire till end in this run so I did not raid/holy war for MA first...
k_israel is only a part of my Zun-worship Egyptian Pharaoh plan, Endus I think.

Make sure he's the same culture as the province. That bumps up conversion chance by a whole lot.

I didn't note down the Catholic MA, but I would guess it was 100%, as my near complete conquest of Arabia & Persia has allowed Catholicism to flourish.
Huh, does that mean that the target religion's MA doesn't matter? I always thought that was a factor. Which would have meant it's a good idea to take Hedjaz as Israel since that would deprive Sunni of two holy sites in addition of the one you already have in Jerusalem.

The Moral Authority of the province's religion doesn't matter. Only the Moral Authority of the religion you are trying to convert it to (your religion) matters. :)

Oddly enough converting a Jewish heretic county (Karaite, MA 20%) seems to be harder (15.8% chance) than converting a heathen county (Sunni, MA 96.5%) (20% chance).
Though the Karaite county does have the 'heretic stronghold' county modifier.... I wonder if that has an undocumented negative effect upon conversion chance?

It's the Heretic Stronghold modifier that has the main effect. It triples the MTTH (mean time to happen) of the Court Chaplain's conversion event. :(

However, any time the province has a religion that is a heresy of the goal religion it multiples the MTTH by 1.5. This stacks with the Heretic Stronghold modifier, for a total multiplier of 4.5.