• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Die Nacht

Second Lieutenant
65 Badges
Jun 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
So I am destroying the Uku clan as So clan. But i decided to see if I could get the land by inherit first (I can't see to understand the inherit system. Is it even possible to inherit the land of another faction?).

So the guy has 2 sons (one a kid, the other of age), one brother and a bunch of daughters. I marry my son to his daughter and then start assassinating all of his sons. I can't kill the kid (intended?) so I just kidnap him. He dies like 3 years later under my care (oops).

Bug #1: I can't assassinate his other biological heir (he appears in the list, but I can't select him).

So I just decide to kidnap him too. He is still the heir, but in my province. So then I decide to assassinate the actual Uku leader and see what happens.

Bug #2: After he dies, the heir in my power becomes leader. HOWEVER!!! He magically escaped me and is now in his country!!!

There was no message of him escaping or anything, he just teleported there or something!

Now he is leader but has no Heir whatsoever, which leads me to believe that even though my son is married into the family, he is no where in the line to the throne, which sucks.

PS: there needs to be a way of negotiating hostages back. Currently, it is just "give hostage back" or "trade hostages". I have the guy's heir! Shouldn't he be offering me heaven and hell for him?

Upvote 0
Bug #2: After he dies, the heir in my power becomes leader. HOWEVER!!! He magically escaped me and is now in his country!!!

There was no message of him escaping or anything, he just teleported there or something!

If you have a hostage who is his father's heir, then he will be automatically released when his father dies and he gains his father's titles.

Well that makes no sense. What SHOULD happen is confusion in the clan. I have in my power the clan leader, so one of two things should happen:

1: if the previous leader had enough influence, then a regency should be put up until the actual leader (my hostage) comes back. The regency should try to negotiate with me for the hostage. Or the regency could try to instead make their own clan (ignore the previous clan leader's wishes and put his son as the next-in-line).

2: Civil war. There is no clan leader, so one of pretenders would try to fight it out with the loyalist (people want a regency, not a new clan).

I thought all of these things would be in the game. The game is supposed to recreate feudal system and disputes, while forgetting about war mechanics and such. Well it doesn't seem like the game recreates the most interesting part of feudal disputes: inheritances and hostages.