Horrible Coop Multiplayer Bug -- Games become different as city becomes more complex

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

copy paper

Recruit
27 Badges
Mar 3, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I play co-op with a friend over the internet. We've been playing a huge city as the same company, and as we play the version of the game in my save has become very different from the one in my friend's game. We wind up with different balances, different costs, etc. If my friend buys something for an amount of money that would take more than the amount of money my game says we have, it tanks me far into the negative and I can't purchase anything until it fixes. Further, sometimes things that I have built do not show up in my friend's world.

It is as is the server is not doing any kind of authoritative checks and the in game math isn't adding up.

The only way we've found to fix it is to manually transfer the multiplayer save game over from my friend to my computer, and erasing the old one. Anything I've built that my friend didn't see goes away, the numbers are once again the same, and we go from there. However this only fixes it for a few hours max until the two games start to drift apart again.

Is anyone else seeing this in coop? Is there a fix?

Thank you,
Copy Paper

Unfortunately we have been complaining about the lack of synching for co-operative play since day 1. Nothing has been done or even much said, about it. I do not think the problem will be resolved by CO or Paradox.

I am allowed to ask what cpu / os both PCs use?

Guess: As CIM2 uses floating point numbers on several pieces, small calculating differences may result in game differences over time...

I and my coop partners _never_ got desynchronized if I was host and only I was saving / my partner was host and only him was saving the game (hint or just randomly happening?).