• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

celedhring

Guionista tirolés
68 Badges
Jun 13, 2001
  • Stellaris
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
Well, since then I’ve spent a considerably good time reading the AARs here so I decided to post my own. Since I don’t think I can’t outdo the more serious, thoroughly researched ones I’ve seen there, I’ll take a humorous approach to the thing. I’ll thus relate the adventures of the fun-loving, horse-riding Golden Horde. I’ll wait for your reactions, and if you think it’s worthwile, I’ll continue post the misadventures of the tiny little Golden Horde, struggling to keep a barbaric way of life in an increasingly civilized world...

Options: Free Brittany, Free Ireland, Free Norway, USA 1492 and Balkanization (I call it “the more the merrier” mode).
Tax Mode: Normal
Play method: totally gung-ho (we are barbarians afterall, anywhere is blood to be spilled, there will be the Golden Horde)

Diary of Sayyid Ahmad II: barbarian, and Golden Horde leader in his spare time.

1st of January 1492:
Dear diary, today is my first day leading the Golden Horde. Being the leader of a barbarian horde had always been my dream since I was a little tartar... Nothing can be compared to the pleasure of burning villages, raping young women and making barbaric things in general... But we were a bit bored today so I took the boys to play a polo match with the head of the previous leader. We split into two teams of 25,000 players each. We tied 0-0. It has been fun!

15th of January 1492:
My new advisor, a christian prisoner we took prisoner some time ago, has come. We tortured and killed his parents in front of him, so I suppose I can trust him. I would love that somebody had done the same with my parents. Anyway, he gives me the skinny on my realm.
“Sir, I suggest that you stop pillaging, plundering, raping and make ornaments of dubious taste with the bodies of the survivors...”
“Well, we are a tartaric barbarian horde. That’s we are SUPPOSED to do.”
“Yeah, but it’s kinda nasty to do it in our provinces, don’t you think? People are fleeing in droves from our cities, revolters are running...”
“Well, this is the fun part”
“Yeah, but you cannot Declare War to any country if our nation is in such distress”
“Dratz... nobody told me that. Ok, I’ll stop...”
“And...”
“Okay, and I’ll tell them I am sorry!”
(OOC: starting stability –3, all investments set to stability)
“Well sir, we have one advantage: everybody hates you so much, that any additional crime you commit can’t worsen it, since you are already assured to root in the fiery pits of Hell. So even if you treacherously declare war in any of our fellow tartaric hordes the un-stability of your kingdom will not suffer much. ”.
(OOC: When stability is at –2 let’s kick some arse’s!!!)
“Ok, so we’ll DoW all our neighbours!!!!”
“I’m sorry sir, but we are somewhat scarce in diplomats. You know that the peculiar custom among the tartars of killing the diplomats after they deliver their messages has somewhat lowered the prestige of the profession among our youth...”
“So?”
“You should wait until we have one, and since the king you send him will kill him you’ll not be able to re-use him. So, just only one war, choose it wisely, my lord.
(OOC: 0 starting diplomats, just 1 bloody diplomat each year!!!!)
“Also, I know you the tartaric people are quite found of horses and this things, but if you want to land sieges and take any provinces you should think about raising some infantry. You know, like cavalry but without horses...”
“No way!”
“You must, my lord, for the good of your kingdom”
(OOC: 7000 infantry comissioned at Kujbyschev)

24th of February 1492:
I have heard that a country called “Spain” has annexed another one called “Granada”. I love annexations. They are fun. Uncle Genghis told me that after annexations there are a lot of revolts and you can kill and torture many people and many cities get looted.

11th of April 1492
Those funny turks have declared war against a country called “Mameluks” that I didn’t know about. Heck, the world is big. Lots to conquer!

15th of April 1492
I was so bored waiting for my diplomat to come, that I took the boys to play polo again. I know the main reason our last game tied was because we had too many players per team, so this time I decided to split them into 25,000 teams of 2 players each. We tied, anyway, dratz! What I’m doing wrong?

13th of October 1492
Those smelly russkies, together with the smellier Ryazanites and the even smellier Crimeans and the still even smellier Pskovians have declared war against my tartaric buddies of Kazan! Not that I like those hacks but I wanted to have the pleasure to kick their asses myself! I was so angry that I didn’t kill the messenger. Now he will think twice before telling me this kind of news...

9th of December 1492
My spies (actually my grandma who at weekends plays bridge with the grandma of Muhammad Amin, leader of Kazan) told me that Kazan has put siege on Ryazan city, while Russia has put siege on Kazan. Both cities have been looted. Damn! And I’m losing all this fun! My grandma expects that whoever can take the city first, will be able to settle peace. I’m praying Allah for my diplomat to come soon so I can join them! My horsemen are so bored that I have been forced to allow them to impale some townsmen.

1st of January 1492
My first year as the Golden Horde leader! I can’t say we have pillaged a lot, or that we have behaved like true gruesome barbars but, heck, it’s not my fault. You know, nowadays in this whacky world you can’t just be a true barbarian and launch a surprise attack against unexpecting farmers, no, you have to declare war on the country via a certified diplomatic, and you need to have an “organised country”... civilization sucks.

15th of March 1492
Word came today that the “Mameluks” have accepted peace with Turkey, ceding two provinces called “Lebanon” and “Aleppo” (funny name, must remember this one) to them, plus 25 of those round golden thingies like the ones we have stored at Miyammin’s yurta. “Money”, think they call it.

17th of March 1492
My grandma came really pissed of because the capital of Kazan has fallen to the combined forces of Pskov, Ryazan and Russia so they weekly bridge game was cancelled. She tells me the war is nearly over...

3rd of April 1492
My diplomat has finally come! Now it’s time for the fun to begin. I’ll DoW Russia! Wooo-hooo!!!
(DoW against Russia. Ryazan, Pskov, Crimea and Greece come to help. This will be fun!)

LOL. I like it. Please post more....I reminds of some cartoon with a barbarian main character....can´t remember the name unfortunately...good luck on the Ruskies....

Thanks, I suppose you are thinking about Groo, the Wanderer... I'll post the next chapter as soon as I finish the war against the ruskies. I can advance you the Horde is having a little fun and has done some truly barbaric things...

fun-loving, horse-riding Golden Horde.
LOL. Sounds like a blurb from M*A*S*H.
Could call it H*O*R*D*E: Horney Old Rebels who Desire Extermination.
Join Temujin, Sabotei, Juchi and Prestor John as they blaze a path of destruction, mayhem and just plain silliness across Europe to the tunes of Rice and Weber and choreographed by Bob Fosse :)
Looking forward to more.

Good luck and keep up the funness. That is, if the mighty Golden Horde can stnad up to the russians. You play funnily but I suspect at this rate, your head may be decorating a Russian spear at this rate.

Maybe you could enlist the help of a certain Barkdreg...

Originally posted by Rictus
Good luck and keep up the funness. That is, if the mighty Golden Horde can stnad up to the russians. You play funnily but I suspect at this rate, your head may be decorating a Russian spear at this rate.

Maybe you could enlist the help of a certain Barkdreg...

My god, I'm reaching mythical proportions.
Rictus, stop laughing with my reputation or I gonna rip your spine out
and tear your legs off. Yes, that would teach you. Wouldn't it?

Originally posted by Lord Durham

LOL. Sounds like a blurb from M*A*S*H.
Could call it H*O*R*D*E: Horney Old Rebels who Desire Extermination.
Join Temujin, Sabotei, Juchi and Prestor John as they blaze a path of destruction, mayhem and just plain silliness across Europe to the tunes of Rice and Weber and choreographed by Bob Fosse :)
Looking forward to more.

Watch as larry, Moe and Curly blaze accross the steppes naked, in the adventures of the Golden Stooges:D

Originally posted by Rictus
Ohh threats...Calm down Barky. It was mere jest, I know you can't be in Granada and the Eurasian Steppes at the smae time...

Are you sure I can't?:D (evil grin)

More! MORE! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes mad*

Watch as larry, Moe and Curly blaze accross the steppes naked, in the adventures of the Golden Stooges
That's the ticket Jeep. The Three Khans. Temujin, Subotei and Moe!
Woo-woo-wooo-wooo-woo! Nyuk nyuk nyuk! Soitanly!

Thanks for all your praise! I'm currently working in the next chapter of the adventures of the Horde, which I hope to post tomorrow. To tease you a little, I'll tell you the title
"Golden Horde Tour 1492-1494: If today is Tuesday this should be Moscow"

attila the hun show!

this is sort of like a cross between hagar the horrible and groo the wanderer, with a little monty python thrown in for good measure.

RUN AWAY!!!

Maybe if you organize

... ermmm wait what am I saying... not organize, ermmm... I mean, 'chaotically and randomly come into being' some polo matches against OTHER countries? Wouldn't that motivate your nice horde to give it that little bit extra?

But something tells me your 50k horsemen are already seeking other horseys to play...

:D