• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

omg_ken1

Second Lieutenant
61 Badges
Apr 27, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
Hi!

I've played CK2 since Sword of Islam and I have always found the HRE's shenanigans mildly annoying. ^^ I was very pleased to see the elector system changed for HRE. Salian primogeniture succession law is finally a thing of the past! I now hope to see something done to deal with HRE military unity too. For the kaiser to have access to levies from every vassal is a little crazy, isnt it? Once they force vassalize Genoa, the HRE holy conquest from Tunis to Cairo happens almost every game for me.

A special government type for HRE for example. Much like the tribal government, a kaiser use its own troops only, but can call in vassals as allies in a war. Maybe restricted to vassals they have marriage pacts with?

Anyways, I realize that I may be part of a minority thinking this, but that's ok. Would be fun hearing what other players think. :) Take care!

Last edited:
A special government type for HRE for example. Much like the tribal government, a kaiser use its own troops only, but can call in vassals as allies in a war. Maybe restricted to vassals they have marriage pacts with?
Seems fun. Would love to play in a HRE like this. But everyone should be forced (if not rivaled?) into a defensive invasion or the such.
The HRE would be much less OP and have much more intrigue. A state within a state. (Dont' think this will ever be implemented though)

May be the HRE from EU IV could be sort of implemented? It seems to me that it represents the coroded empire quite nicely, compared to CK. The Ottonian or Staufer were may be more consolidaded though? There may be should be a sort of gradient of imperial authority...

Well, right now reworking the hre mechanics is planned by the eu4 team. DDRJake stated that it's pretty much the same hre as the hre in eu3. So how hre works may change. But I suppose the general idea is still there.

How OP would not that be? :)

I would like to go the other way, where HRE is not a CK2 empire even but a duke/kingdom and all members are in a variant of tributary relation. Like it is in EU :) Declaring war on a member only draws the emperer and not all other members to the war.