• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now I am Confused....

I am playing the 0.371 version -- assessment so far;

1. You have perfectly addressed the infrastructure issue by simply giving the player the choice of increasing TC capacity by a 3 choice event, every year -- if you have the money then you can spend away -- or conversely, if you are broke, you can choose not to spend anything.

2. The 'factory increase' feature is also simply, but indirectly, addressed by applying historical 'military spending' of national GDP by a similar event procedure annually -- gearing events.

3. The annual 'mobilisation event' also allows the player to concentrate on the tech dev of the game and not micromanage unit builds -- love it!!

4. For the first time in any vanilla or mod, I have broken through to the Rocket Acft (Komet), the Jet Engine, and the Advanced Computer techs.

Now, the only problem I have is to get one of the tech teams to pursue the Komet and the Salamander techs -- It is late 1940 and I already have the Acft Assembly tech, but the Start button remains greyed out for both rocket and jet.
There is nothing in the dialogue box as to what tech I need to carry on. :eek: :eek:

What do I need to get my jet interceptors off the production line???

Cheers

The Albatross said:
Now, the only problem I have is to get one of the tech teams to pursue the Komet and the Salamander techs -- It is late 1940 and I already have the Acft Assembly tech, but the Start button remains greyed out for both rocket and jet.
There is nothing in the dialogue box as to what tech I need to carry on. :eek: :eek:

What do I need to get my jet interceptors off the production line???
You need Interceptor '43 again, this was Int '40 in previous versions. R'41 needs Int'43 and "aircraft ass line" plus "Rocket engine", R'43 needs R'41.

So 1940, then I would guess that Int'43 is missing.

The features, that HIP has removed, like build IC or replace those ministers, change the sliders, are in my opinion unnecessary complexity, that was disabled or replaced by scripted events or different systems. I don't miss them, because I always felt, that they were not very realistic. The player gets more time for the real important tasks in game.

Last edited:
Oh...that is sad....

Panther II said:
You need Interceptor '43 again, this was Int '40 in previous versions. R'41 needs Int'43 and "aircraft ass line" plus "Rocket engine", R'43 needs R'41.

So 1940, then I would guess that Int'43 is missing.

I was hoping that it was some minor glitch -- I was so looking forward to my glossy jet-engined beauties doing barrel rolls over my airfields......now I have to wait out till around 1943 for them -- I know that historically the Salamander was produced in 1944 and Me 262 in late 1943.....but here I was hoping for a "miracle" breakthrough.

And yes.....you have certainly discarded some of the micromanagement that is simply 'nuisance value'. Well done!!

Thanks for the 'blitz' reply too..
Cheers

It requires small arms assembly, this will be changed in the next version (v0.373). Also will other armor prequesitions be changed back to the old system, so that until 1940 inclusive the techs can be researched without assembly lines.

Last edited:
Critical Error during save

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when auto saving.

Couldn't open file: Scenarios\save games\autosave.eug

also a simular error when manual saving.

Any thoughts?

Thanks JP :confused:

Edit: Ok, I fixed it, the save games directory was missing. Created it
and all works fine now. My bad. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I reinstalled HoI2 recently and gave the HIP another go. Success! The game runs wonderfully now! I'm using the latest 0.37 build as Germany. I just overran nearly all of France, but Vichy never happened - so now I've got something like 20 French divisions bottled up in the Maginot Line and the Soviets just declared war. I'm hoping beyond hope to be able to rapidly reinforce my Ostfront, but it's taking a while...

What are the prereqs for Vichy?

Some Idears about the Soviets

I'm playing Germany 373v Jan 42'. this is one of the toughest figths yet against the Soviets I had to fight a real battle to take Moscow late Dec. 41' many of the Soviet divisions are 40' and that's helping a lot the other two cities fell earlier. Here's my idears 1] When Moscow, Leningrad, or Stalingrad fall could an trigger tell Soviet that are in hexes near any of those citys to counter attack. 2]in the building folder could the AI be told to build more bridages that could help them in defending 3]could the Soviets be given a little discount in upgrading their divisions. 4]with the mobization event for the Soviets could 80+% of those divisions come with attached bdes. that would help. 5] with the Pearl Harbor event could the Soviets move 70-80% of their eastern divisions to the west:rolleyes: Great job Panther II I don't know if any of those will work or not.

AA Deployment?

Hi,

I've built AA for provencies in the production cue. When I deploy them to a provence they never show up. Any thoughts? Running latest ver of HIP and 1.3b, its 1938.

Thanks JP :confused:

jackson63ii said:
I'm playing Germany 373v Jan 42'. this is one of the toughest figths yet against the Soviets I had to fight a real battle to take Moscow late Dec. 41' many of the Soviet divisions are 40' and that's helping a lot the other two cities fell earlier.
Excellent. Their build up will be even better in the next version.
jackson63ii said:
Here's my idears 1] When Moscow, Leningrad, or Stalingrad fall could an trigger tell Soviet that are in hexes near any of those citys to counter attack.
Probably not city related, but the Soviet counter attacks are under review and will in general be raised. I also need to experiment a bit more with the attack odds for the Soviets.
jackson63ii said:
2]in the building folder could the AI be told to build more bridages that could help them in defending
I will check that. The AI gets brigades for free, the percentages can be defined in the AI files.
jackson63ii said:
3]could the Soviets be given a little discount in upgrading their divisions.
They don't need more than they have now. They pay only 52% of German build_cost and for upgrades do they also only have to pay 52% of Germany. In the long term this is a huge advantage.
jackson63ii said:
4]with the mobization event for the Soviets could 80+% of those divisions come with attached bdes. that would help.
Yes, that's a good point, I will add some brigades.
jackson63ii said:
5] with the Pearl Harbor event could the Soviets move 70-80% of their eastern divisions to the west.
This one is hard, I will see, what I can do there.
jap412 said:
I've built AA for provencies in the production cue. When I deploy them to a provence they never show up. Any thoughts?
For which country and where did you try to deploy them?

Last edited:
Re: AA Deployment

I'm playing as Germany,

I built them in Berlin, Stuttgart and Schweinfurt.

I noticed after I saved and reloaded the game Berlin and Stuttgart are showing the added AA.

JP

Panther G said:
I never wanted the "II", "panther" is already there and Panther G was my favorite tank. :D

Ahhh.... :D

Panther G said:
You have to ask the forum administrator (castellon or BiB).

oh, i am satisfied with my (very) unique name. But maybe the Admins should have a look about the thousends of dead Forumnames (who are years old, without an single Post). All these names are used now for none. Bad !!

Hello Panther,
could you clarify the install process ? i'm a bit lost.
if i want to play with graphics pack, i should install first v0.373 graphics then v0.374 graphics, then v0.73 installer and then v0.374 ? am i correct ?

thanks