• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Loki on your continued great work with HIP! I'm enjoying my campaign as the UK immensely. One thing I noticed in the Far East was after taking over most of the Thailand provinces as the UK they automatically concluded a peace with China and the US without any options for me. Both these nations offered a return to status quo and next thing all of my units were left without supply and unable to advance into Japanese territory unless from one of my own controlled provinces in Burma (all of Thailand has been given back to them but with military access allowed to me)
Is this WAD? Fortunately I was able to move some units into IndoChina but I now need to amphibiously assault the Malayan province since I now can't advance from the Thai provinces.
Apart from this a fantastic and enjoyable mod! Cheers!
Juz

rwglaub said:
Over on CORE they have been going through the German leaders. Much of the Old Guard leaders should not even be active. Can you write an event that will retire them, or just leave them out altogether? Von Berendt and Eppard are they only ones of the lot that served during the run-up to and during the war.
i will take a look at that , but i right now i take my information about leaders from MYTH (leader project)

Eowunyth said:
That was the .74 version i had would i noticed that and i went historical for the M-R event

take a look at that :

event = {
id = 3207
random = no
country = LIT
style = 0

date = { year = 1940 month = august day = 2 }
offset = 7
deathdate = { year = 1942 month = december day = 29 }

trigger = {
exists = SOV
event = 131 # LIT gives access
NOT = { war = { country = LIT country = SOV }}
}

name = 148
desc = 143_D

action_a = {
name = YES
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 206 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 207 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 208 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 511 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 577 } #
command = { type = trigger which = 145 } # SOV
}
}
event = {
id = 248
random = no
country = LIT
style = 0

date = { year = 1940 month = august day = 0 }
offset = 7
deathdate = { year = 1942 month = december day = 29 }

trigger = {
exists = GER
flag = M-R-Pact_revised_no
NOT = { war = { country = LIT country = SOV }}
NOT = { war = { country = LIT country = GER }}
}

name = 146
desc = 146_D

action_a = {
name = YES
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 206 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 207 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 208 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 511 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 577 } #
command = { type = trigger which = 146 } # GER
}
}

--- so it is included ;)

Myth said:
another tech team, for SOV Alesandr I. Pokryshkin - 5, aircraft testing, piloting, fighter tactics, begin '43 (I think)

Nemesys said:
Hi all,
I'm interested in this MOD since it seems to provide many new events to the game, but I don't want to install all of the mod because I managed to create my own personalized version of Hoi2 by taking I little bit of everything among the various modifications available on this site.
The question is, would it be possible to import ONLY the new events added to the game? And if so, what would be the correct procedure?

Thanks in Advance
Nemesys
it is possible , but a lot of work. many event id's are queal to the game one's. but i will not do the work ;) - no time . on the other side with HIP use different ai-files , flags and so on - a lot of work ....

el alamein said:
Congrats Loki on your continued great work with HIP! I'm enjoying my campaign as the UK immensely. One thing I noticed in the Far East was after taking over most of the Thailand provinces as the UK they automatically concluded a peace with China and the US without any options for me. Both these nations offered a return to status quo and next thing all of my units were left without supply and unable to advance into Japanese territory unless from one of my own controlled provinces in Burma (all of Thailand has been given back to them but with military access allowed to me)
Is this WAD? Fortunately I was able to move some units into IndoChina but I now need to amphibiously assault the Malayan province since I now can't advance from the Thai provinces.
Apart from this a fantastic and enjoyable mod! Cheers!
Juz
the only thing , what i found was that :

event = {
id = 3813
random = no
country = SIA
style = 0

date = { year = 1939 month = january day = 0 }
offset = 15
deathdate = { year = 1953 month = december day = 29 }

trigger = {
war = { country = SIA country = ENG }
OR = { event = 45 # Japan already surrendered
NOT = { exists = JAP }
AND = { lost_national = { country = SIA value = 50 }
NOT = { control = { province = 1343 data = SIA }} # Bangkok
NOT = { control = { province = 1345 data = SIA }}}} # Thom Buri
}

name = 3813
desc = 3813_D
picture = "JAP_surrender"

action_a = {
name = 3813a
command = { type = end_puppet }
command = { type = leave_alliance }
command = { type = peace which = USA value = 1 }
command = { type = peace which = ENG value = 1 }
command = { type = peace which = SOV value = 1 }
command = { type = peace which = CHI value = 1 }
command = { type = peace which = CHC value = 1 }
command = { type = access which = USA }
command = { type = access which = ENG }
command = { type = access which = FRA }
command = { type = access which = CAN }
command = { type = access which = AST }
command = { type = access which = NZL }
command = { type = access which = SAF }
command = { type = access which = ITA }
command = { type = access which = SOV }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 1339 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 1340 } #
command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 1341 } #
}
}

does it explain the problem ?!

I think I'll address that issue about the leaders, since I seem to be doing the work for the CLMIP which Loki is now using for HIP.

Once we get around to German leaders, we'll fix it. But be warned they're low on the priority list since they already have plenty and plenty of good ones. We'll probably be working on France next, after Italy is complete.

Also, Loki, it's the CLMIP, not MYTH. Myth is just one of the contributors.

Phoenix Dace said:
I think I'll address that issue about the leaders, since I seem to be doing the work for the CLMIP which Loki is now using for HIP.

Once we get around to German leaders, we'll fix it. But be warned they're low on the priority list since they already have plenty and plenty of good ones. We'll probably be working on France next, after Italy is complete.

Also, Loki, it's the CLMIP, not MYTH. Myth is just one of the contributors.

oh , ok ! i never read the shortcut "CLMIP" . okey but it would be nice to do some work with the axis-minor countries - especially hungary ;) ( i'm half hungarian ^^ ) . i would be happy about that and i appreciate your work !!!

Hi Loki,

Now that Patch 1.3 for Doomsday is out, will there be any conflicts with HIP? I am keen to install the new patch but not if it is going to cause any problems with your mod.

Many thanks

Achtung...Achtung..!!

:wacko: Best to wait for the HIP team to answer -- I tried to load up HSR 2.08 :wacko: ---

-- dismal failure --- :confused: :confused: ....

Cheers

Country specific Unit Names

Ok here we go, I actually posted these a while back for implementation but they got lost in the shuffle.
German MP
Feldgendarmerie

Japan MP
Kempeitai

Soviet Union MP
Commisar or NKVD

Austria MP
Militärstreife

Belgium and France
Gendarmerie Nationale

Canada
Provost Corp

Finland
Sotilaspoliisi

Italy
Carabinieri

Netherlands
Koninklijke Marechaussee

UK, NZ, Aust.
Royal Military Police

el alamein said:
Hi Loki,

Now that Patch 1.3 for Doomsday is out, will there be any conflicts with HIP? I am keen to install the new patch but not if it is going to cause any problems with your mod.

Many thanks

i am working on it .

Loki134 said:
i am working on it .

Take your time. We all know the effort you put into this mod. And there is no one that can challenge you makíng this game so realisitic, challenging and fun to play. We are so many that thin think this is the best of the best. "Sorry if my english is substandard".

Loki134 said:
i am working on it .

Take your time. We all know the effort you put into this mod. And there is no one that can challenge you makíng this game so realisitic, challenging and fun to play. We are so many that think this is the best of the best. "Sorry if my english is substandard".

dbas said:
Take your time. We all know the effort you put into this mod. And there is no one that can challenge you makíng this game so realisitic, challenging and fun to play. We are so many that think this is the best of the best. "Sorry if my english is substandard".

All the best from the thin thinking fans. :rolleyes:

A few small corrections to 1936 scenario file

Japanese Light Carrier Ryujo should be model = 1
English Med. Fleet Carriers Glorious and Courageous should also be model = 1
Everything thing else looks good, are you sure Italian BB's Andrea Doria and her sister ship should be model 1936, I think they should be 1918, and the conte cavour class should be 1930, but thats up to you. I will continue to add some country specific unit names.

Alekpier608 said:
Everything thing else looks good, are you sure Italian BB's Andrea Doria and her sister ship should be model 1936, I think they should be 1918, and the conte cavour class should be 1930, but thats up to you.

they got reconstructed between 1936-1938

ok

Loki134 said:
they got reconstructed between 1936-1938
I know, but there armour, and main guns were significantly weaker then other BB 1936 ships however, and moreoever, they had almost no AA defense which gets increased by a lot between 1918-1936.

This has probably been asked before, at the start of the scenario there are ships in the production queues. These start at a below cost level and then leap up the full cost, usually ensuring that nothing can be built at the same time as them.

This is not a big deal as a human, as I can delete them from my build queue, but will their existence not make the AI suffer? As germany I would not like to see France messing about with ships when it should be building its army to oppose me.

Also I noticed playing as France that the Vichy events remove the ships they own regardless who owns them. I had started selling off ships to buy supplies as the war started going badly for me, and in the hope of boosting my allies slightly. I felt it was a little unfair on the purchasing countries to have their newly bought ships removed by event.

Otherwise I have been enjoying playing the mod, though I do wish the US AI was a little more aggressive with regards to landing troops.

Antiochus V - I was reading through the wishlist for HOI3 and there was a post by Egslim saying that the naval ai has different priorities with combat and movement missions. The effects of this are that the transports are sent into dangerous zones and are sunk, whereas combat naval task forces detect the dangers and are kept away. This could be causing the US to lose all its transports (most likely to the Japanese) and seriously affect their chances to invade or assist in invasions. The only solution (until the naval ai is fixed) is to send the US some of your transports (I am playing as the UK) which they will hopefully use for their troops. You can do this in the negotiate trade menu, selecting the units you want to trade them.
Hope this helps!

el alamein said:
Antiochus V - I was reading through the wishlist for HOI3 and there was a post by Egslim saying that the naval ai has different priorities with combat and movement missions. The effects of this are that the transports are sent into dangerous zones and are sunk, whereas combat naval task forces detect the dangers and are kept away. This could be causing the US to lose all its transports (most likely to the Japanese) and seriously affect their chances to invade or assist in invasions. The only solution (until the naval ai is fixed) is to send the US some of your transports (I am playing as the UK) which they will hopefully use for their troops. You can do this in the negotiate trade menu, selecting the units you want to trade them.
Hope this helps!

Alas it is too late for the UK game, I was obliged to do all the hard work myself, on the plus side the US ai obligingly left most of the Japanese fleet to me to sink.

I am now playing as Germany and facing a rather different challenge. I seem to have rather underbuilt my land forces. This seems to be leading me into a first world war style eastern front. It is looking rather ugly for me as it is now december 1941 and I am barely into Russia.

Hi,

Playing HIP 0.75 as GER --- current date is OCT 21st 1939 -- POL is defeated -- followed all the historical options --swallowed CZE and then got SLO as puppet -- now I look at the map I see a province called Uzhorod when I click with the mouse, but on the map it has another name and it has CZE units on it -- starts with P----Y the units obscure it....really weird. It is south of STRYJ.

If I DOW them, they fall over with-out any problems -- but -- CZE re-emerges as an independant country with MIL units -- and then you have to fight through them....forts and all... :confused:

If I leave them alone -- I can influence them so that become "friendly to me" and I do not DOW -- I have not followed this option to the end, but it prevents the CZE nation arising .... :cool:

Has anyone else had this event happen?? Is this WAD??

Advise me how to upload the map, and I will send it in...got me stumped!!

Cheers

Am I overlooking sth.?When I go to the hip.moddir.net page via the link on the first post, the download section there has 0 entries and there's only the subforum about HIP, so where do I download the HIP now exactly over there?