• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the interest in my AAR, but indeed something happened: my HD crashed. Unfortunately the last savegame on my memory stick is from June 44 and right now I dont really feel like continuing from there. Was busy with work and moving to my new flat elsewise I had posted earlier.

Its really sad because right now I have some spare time and the game was just starting to look good. My only serious trouble was the low manpower. But like historically - right at the gates of Moscow the Germans were stopped :eek:o
Life sucks.

This will not be my last AAR, though - actually I am thinking of playing Japan or Italy in HSR2.04 and making an AAR till 1.3 is out. If the patch is compatible to 1.2 savegames (what I doubt) I will probably continue this AAR from my last savegame.

MAC said:
Thanks for the interest in my AAR, but indeed something happened: my HD crashed. Unfortunately the last savegame on my memory stick is from June 44 and right now I dont really feel like continuing from there. Was busy with work and moving to my new flat elsewise I had posted earlier.

Its really sad because right now I have some spare time and the game was just starting to look good. My only serious trouble was the low manpower. But like historically - right at the gates of Moscow the Germans were stopped :eek:o
Life sucks.

This will not be my last AAR, though - actually I am thinking of playing Japan or Italy in HSR2.04 and making an AAR till 1.3 is out. If the patch is compatible to 1.2 savegames (what I doubt) I will probably continue this AAR from my last savegame.
Will you still play on the hardest settings? Seeing another Italian AAR would be great!

I just checked www.stonyroad.de and it seems HSR 2.05 is about to be released soon, decided to wait till the new version is released.

HSR is indeed way more difficult then vanilla. Not sure yet what combination of game and HSR (Gröfaz) settings to choose to have a challenge but no frustration, hehe.

I'm liking this AAR, but if you're going historically, at which point will it turn ahistorical, or are you planning to lose the war? I can see so far some ahistorical parts but generally you've followed the script.

Maybe the title is misleading in some ways.
On the one hand I try to play "historical" in the way that I try to avoid cheats and exploits and that I take the historical path to war. Onwards I play the way I would have led Germany in WWII. The question many ask themselves is: did Germany stand a chance if it made less mistakes from Dunkirk onwards or if (and thats my guess) Nazi ideology would not have played a big role in foreign policy, especially occupations but Germany would have focused on "liberating" SU-occupied nations. Unfortunately HOI2 AI is not compareable with human opponents and also political pressure is not really represented (many guess a Sealion would not have been neccessary if Dunkirk and the change of tactics in Air battle over England would not have occurred and ended with a defeat for the UK, putting huge pressure on Churchill to resign and for the UK to start peace talks - Hitler always wanted the UK as some kind of partner, somewhat like a strong colonial power with Germany the ruler of mainland Europe. )

Even if historically Germany did loose WWII in HOI2 you are free to try out different tactics and even to win. So lets say I should rather have titled the AAR: "Somewhat historical replay till the outbreak of war..." ;)

A bit Ironic that your last save was in JUNE 1944, the same month as D-day landings :)