• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

schondetta

Colonel
72 Badges
Mar 4, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
after a fresh conquest I usually hand out the counties and the baronies below to landless characters. I have never seen this before where i hand them a county and they make a city there capital thus making them a republic or whatever rather then feudal vassal. It usually happens seemingly randomly even when the character has the "feudal" type before i land them.This particular duchy turns them all into republics unless i do counties only first then auto create the baronies. Thats a lot of work to hand them back though. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it?

before
9CA33BADCA98546DDAB2E74AFA86D20E7A3EA9B3

after
E8842396D8F217C818CF35D81382B53A6E068825

Thanks!

after a fresh conquest I usually hand out the counties and the baronies below to landless characters. I have never seen this before where i hand them a county and they make a city there capital thus making them a republic or whatever rather then feudal vassal. It usually happens seemingly randomly even when the character has the "feudal" type before i land them.This particular duchy turns them all into republics unless i do counties only first then auto create the baronies. Thats a lot of work to hand them back though. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it?

before
9CA33BADCA98546DDAB2E74AFA86D20E7A3EA9B3

after
E8842396D8F217C818CF35D81382B53A6E068825

Thanks!
When I have lots of counties to hand out, I generally fill the barony, temple, and city slots first. Then, I hand the counties out. That way, my new Counts remain Feudal...

There seems to be an issue where when characters have previously held a government, for example a bishopric or city, that government type is saved on them regardless of new holdings that are given to them. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to check this in-game - only by looking at the save file. :(

When I have lots of counties to hand out, I generally fill the barony, temple, and city slots first. Then, I hand the counties out. That way, my new Counts remain Feudal...

When they have a preset government this does not appear to work. I've had the experience of doing just that, granting the capital castle to a vassal, then having him become a theocratic or republican vassal with only a castle. :(

Did you hand out all the titles at once? by checking the box for include lower titles
That's what happens to the AI as well sometimes after they HWed something - the AI hands out all the titles at once and the county turns republic

There is also another bug where a county keeps the previous government type when instantly handed out to someone new
This happens for example when you use the "settle island" decision available to norse rulers when the Viking era startet. When you immediantly after taking the decision (and becoming Jarl of Island) hand out the titles to non-rulers they might keep the theocracy government - although they only have tribal holdings in island.

And then there is the bug @Karlington mentioned:
For example if you manage to invite Theodoric de Merohingi (the last Merovingian bloodline holder) as Germanic spending a favor and grant him a temple he will lose his monk trait. However if you revoke his title and he joins back to your court he will still be theocracy government even if you give him a tribal holding now (which you couldn't because he was a monk before)