• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(17593)

Second Lieutenant
Jun 12, 2003
Visit site
componet transfer error
component core files
file group common
file is victoria\scenarios\1861\France_Rhone_alpes.csv

There is a symbol over the o in rhone in this file.
I have changed my setting to english UK and my keyboard to english UK but it still will not install
my system is
P3 933
512 ram
win XP service pack 2
please respone with a fix to this forum or cgallaugher@wowway.com

thank you

Hello there,

Firstly I am sorry to hear you have experienced this problem too. Whoever made the 3 files with the Rhône name should be stood up against a wall and shot. Well not really, but such a small error has caused quite a problem with the Victoria games it seems.

Anyway here is what to do, and this will definitely work, no matter what Windows OS you have *from win95 upwards, not including Windows ME, cause thats just crap

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options (On Win XP home edition skip out the Settings).

In the Regional Options tab choose: French (France)

Then go to the Languages Tab and click on details. In settings click on Add. Choose French (France). Forget about the Keyboard layout, as its not important. After clicking Okay, the French (France) should be added to your list. Make sure it is chosen in the Default input language and then click Ok and Apply.

Back in the Regional and Language Options window, go to Advanced and once again choose French (France). Click Apply and you should now be asked to restart your pc to ensure the settings have been implemented properly. Go ahead and click this.

When the pc boots up again, you are ready to install the game. Don't be afraid that some of the autorun language is in French, your game will still be in English once you play it.

Once you have installed the game, go back to the Regional and Language Options and just revert to what you had for all the options you have changed here. Once again apply where necessary and then restart when asked. Once you have booted up you are ready to play Victoria :)

Hope this helps!

thank you

That worked
Vicky is installed and I am patching it to 1.03 and than to 1.03c

is is why I love Paradox they might have problems but the company and the users work together to fix them

thank you
agian

You only have a problem with this if you buy the wrong version of the game.
If you live in NA and buy the proper NA version you have no problem installing the game.

Castellon said:
You only have a problem with this if you buy the wrong version of the game.
If you live in NA and buy the proper NA version you have no problem installing the game.

IIRC he got the 6-pack - is the NA version that is included in the 6 pack the original NA version or perhaps did the European Paradox version sneak in - that might explain the recent increase in this problem.

I also got the 6 pack, hence why I must have had the problem then too.

The version in the 6-pack is a different version once again.

It must be some combination, because belive me a few people with the problem means the vast majority are not having any problem. If every copy of the 6-pack version caused the same problem we would have 1000s of threads here instead of 3 or 4.

The fix isn't working for me. I live in the US and I have the 6-pack version, and currently use Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

Both the language and regional settings are in the same panel in the Regional Options control panel, and the only option for French (France) was in region selection. I tried this and restarting, and the autorun does show some French, but the DemoShield installer still has a problem with France_Rhône_alpes.csv.

Think you have to do both, you could try other labguages that have that accent.

Actually, I found out what the problem was: I wasn't using "Set default" in Regional Options, I was just setting the region to French (France). Thanks anyway, though.

So problem solved and you got it to install?

Yep, it installed perfectly. However, I now have to deal with my 5/6-year-old Dell's slow CPU trying to run the game properly. One problem for another, eh?

But that's a story for another topic.

Start with jpd's FAQ that is stickied in this forum, it may help.

I just bought the game through GamersGate, so not the 6-pack and I have exactly the same problem, on both my laptop and my desktop PC. One is running Windows XP Pro with SP2 and the other Windows XP Media Edition, also with SP2.

I am now trying the workaround in the second post. So I have to reboot.

KAding said:
I am now trying the workaround in the second post. So I have to reboot.

It shall not fail I imagine. ;)

fp

Hey I downloaded Victoria off gamersgate and ran into this problem but found this and its all working now thanks:

ps: been typing this with a French keyboard layout :p

Seem like it is the 6pack version Gamersgate have for download - I am very happy to have found this - So I can get Victoria running again lost the original CD moving house some time ago

Cheers