Help me decide which to play - crusader kings 2 or 3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kevin250

Recruit
May 2, 2021
I have watched a couple of yt videos and read a couple of articles and still not decided.

The pros of 2 are that it has all the content already and (from what I read) slightly more deep -non watered down- gameplay aspects; downside is that it is end of life and will go down with time.

3 plus and minus is both that it is new. Plus with shiny graphics (don't really care about this as 2 looks fine imo) and more 'accessible' but also the downside is that it is somewhat watered down. Oh another big plus is I like the sound of more focusing on the roleplay aspect of it compared to the previous. Down is that being new not a lot of content.

So seems not much in it at the moment so haven't decided which to go with.

Help me decide plz. I feel that they are such an undertaking that I won't want to commit to both so want to decide where to place my bets.

I’d probably wait to play ck3 until the first expansion comes out cause it looks to be quite interesting in the meantime though a big bonus to ck2 is the many excellent mods that have come out so you might try some of those till you find one you like

CKII is definetly way to go - if you can afford all the DLCs - more flavour, more options, better balance, ANIMAL KINGDOMS!!11
BUT bear in mind - CKII has very 'default' graphics, quite archaic UI and all that...so if you are more into 'fresh' experience - start CKIII jorney