• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ice hockey or field hockey?

There was a soccer league, run by Mel, back when he was mod, it was cancelled for lack of interest and too much work to support it. As MIDA, I analyzed the results and came up overwhelming statistical evidence that match fixing was going on, but Mel refuted that, as GMs can.

Ice.

Estonianzulu said:
I guess this question would go here.

I want to start a hockey league for Eutopia. Player interaction is not necessary (so I wouldn't require other players to keep it alive). It wouldn't have any real ingame effects, other than the fun of getting to route for non-existant sports teams.

The games would be determined by me running a sim'ed season via video games. Sound reasonable?

Certainly! I'd encourage you to make it open to other players to act as coaches or general managers if they'd like, but that's up to you. As long as there's no mod intervention required to run it, you've my full support.

Obviously, a fledgling league in Eutopia would not attract the world's premier talent, so if you wanted to just give them all imaginary names (or do some research on lower-tier players in international minor leagues ;) ) that'd be fine.

unclebryan said:
Ice hockey or field hockey?

There was a soccer league, run by Mel, back when he was mod, it was cancelled for lack of interest and too much work to support it. As MIDA, I analyzed the results and came up overwhelming statistical evidence that match fixing was going on, but Mel refuted that, as GMs can.

You bring that up for any particular reason? ;)

There's lies, damn lies, and overwhelming statistical evidence. :p

von Streusser said:
Certainly! I'd encourage you to make it open to other players to act as coaches or general managers if they'd like, but that's up to you. As long as there's no mod intervention required to run it, you've my full support.

Obviously, a fledgling league in Eutopia would not attract the world's premier talent, so if you wanted to just give them all imaginary names (or do some research on lower-tier players in international minor leagues ;) ) that'd be fine.

That was the plan, at least the first half. My plan is to randomly generate names for the players using the amazing tool- Here!.

I'll get a'working right away then.

Note that the Topa, while not known for their skating abilities, have produced some athletes with excellent reflexes who would make fine goalies. ;)

Indeed, plus Farpoint gets a team, so who knows.

The hardest part is actually coming up with names for the teams. Some are related to the area/city, others are just generic sports names.

unclebryan said:
There was a soccer league, run by Mel, back when he was mod, it was cancelled for lack of interest and too much work to support it.

Back in the proverbial day, there was also the North American Football League, which made it all the way through a season, capped by the legendary Eutopia City Violators scoring what is probably still a league record number of points. ;) I, as Tilly, ran the Jacobia Marauders, widely known as "not quite as bad as the Buen Puerto Stingrays..." :D

unclebryan said:
As MIDA, I analyzed the results and came up overwhelming statistical evidence that match fixing was going on, but Mel refuted that, as GMs can.

Don't worry, I can assure you that Gonzov wouldn't do such a thing. ;)

Ice Hockey? I turn my back for five minutes and an ice hockey season springs up? It's been well established that curling, the sport of drunk and frozen kings, is the main winter sport in Eutopia.

Voshkod said:
Ice Hockey? I turn my back for five minutes and an ice hockey season springs up? It's been well established that curling, the sport of drunk and frozen kings, is the main winter sport in Eutopia.

Curling: The bloodiest sport in Eutopian History.

And this has made me want to start a Football (that's Association for the Yanquis among us) League now.

It would be cool if Hurley was popular in Eutopia due to the Irish immigrants...

All right, all right, lets keep the chatter in the Asylum people...

von Streusser said:
All right, all right, lets keep the chatter in the Asylum people...

Question: If I was to make a Eutopian Association Football League, could I include teams from Tilapia and/or St. Espirit?

The_Hawk said:
Back in the proverbial day, there was also the North American Football League, which made it all the way through a season, capped by the legendary Eutopia City Violators scoring what is probably still a league record number of points. ;) I, as Tilly, ran the Jacobia Marauders, widely known as "not quite as bad as the Buen Puerto Stingrays..." :D

Yeah, I remember... now I don't recall what time I coached...

The Gonzo said:
Question: If I was to make a Eutopian Association Football League, could I include teams from Tilapia and/or St. Espirit?

Not at first, but if the league is successful it may consider expansion in the future.

aussieboy said:
How much land does the RF own? in Acres.

Probably a handful of buildings. The very large tracts they held in the WET in trust for the monarchy have since been transferred back to Queen Maria, you might recall.

aussieboy said:
How much does Maria own, then?

A whole lot. If you want to figure out the square kilometerage of the WET, it's 70% of that.