• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Russia and the Soviet Union have many of these "Design Bureaus". Many were founded during the Soviet Period, but some were operating during the Czarist Period. Where possible I have given them names they had pre-Communism, but for the the ones that wern't I am torn.
In my opinion don't use disgn bureu for Russian TTs. Use pre communist or post communist names.

Now for Doctrine TT's we have went with people who didn't die during the RCW. Many White Russian Generals were murdered later by NKVD assasins, however, we are ignoring this, and are basing things off of a White Russian Victory in the RCW. However, it is harder to find Air Generals and Admirals.
However, RUS would be released usually post purges, thus most won't be available any more. Some who fled maybe.

Also, I will not be downgrading any Russian TT's that come directly from the Soviet Union, and new TT's will not be given a lower skill. And example may be Anton Denikin, who I will be giving a Skill 6. Any Russia that survived the Civil War would by 1936 be more or less at the same point as the Soviet Union was. Maybe things would have been even better, who knows.
There would be a different focus. Like less emphasis on heavy machinery. Doctrines closer to those of the allies.

In my opinion don't use disgn bureu for Russian TTs. Use pre communist or post communist names.
That's what I was thinking, however, some were named "Design Bureau" during Pre-Communist times.

However, RUS would be released usually post purges, thus most won't be available any more. Some who fled maybe.
That is what I mean, a surprising number of the White Generals who fled after the RCW were later hunted down and assassinnated. So I am not counting these deaths.

There would be a different focus. Like less emphasis on heavy machinery. Doctrines closer to those of the allies.
Most will work quite well for Grand Battle Plan. Some like Vlasov however, will be good for Superior Firepower or Spearhead.

T_DFR_Heckler&Koch2.bmp

T_DFR_BochumerVerein.bmp
my take at the factory, it is its big hall
T_DFR_VereinigteStahlwerke.bmp
was able to get the text mostly out
T_DFR_DeutscheWerke.bmp

T_DFR_Henschel.bmp

T_DFR_DaimlerBenz2.bmp
T_DFR_DaimlerBenz.bmp
both of them show very little in 96x96
T_DFR_Arado.bmp
a pit dark, I had to go back to this
T_DFR_Heimsoeth&Rinke.bmp

T_DFR_Focke-Wulf.bmp

T_DFR_Hoechst.bmp

T_DFR_Wernher_von_Braun.bmp

T_DFR_LudwigMaximiliansUniversitat.bmp

T_DFR_Werner_Heisenberg.bmp

T_DFR_Mauser.bmp

T_DFR_Volkswagen.bmp

T_DFR_Siemens.bmp

T_DFR_Porsche.bmp

T_DFR_Messerschmitt.bmp

T_DFR_MarineWerft.bmp

T_DFR_Junkers.bmp

T_DFR_Heinkel.bmp

T_DFR_Blohm&Voss.bmp
hard to get that it is a ship

North Ireland
T_U71_UnivUlster.bmp

T_U71_Henry_George_Ferguson.bmp

T_U71_Robert_Blair_Mayne2.bmp

T_U71_Robert_Blair_Mayne.bmp

And here is some improvement of pics of the vanilla files. Check the originals yourself ;)
California
T_CAN_AAL_Cuffe.bmp

T_CAN_Frank-Robert_Miller.bmp

Brazil
T_BRA_Cordeiro_de_Farias.bmp

T_BRA_Joao_Mascarenhas_de_Morais.bmp

T_BRA_Aristides_Guilhem.bmp

ARG
T_ARG_SiamdiTella2.bmp

Good work, but I think you should make the Heckler & Koch more like the Mauser one, with the logo faded, or what ever you did to make the logo more gray. The Steyr one was the same way with the logo faded, it looks better IMO.

All the others you did great work on! I think they all look very well done.:cool:

I tried, but then the HK emblem and the rile is roughly the same color. The contrast was better this way.

Okay, I see what you mean, that would be a problem.

My list of to do's:
CYN: Gdangsonzalin, Sino-Vietnamese Railway picture needs to be replaced. Would search for sometinh better for Gejiu Tin-Mining Company.

Why? Geiju Tin-Mining Company was that largest industrial company/operation in the area.

SAF/South Africa: Some UK teams needs to be replaced

This is a general thing about most of the smaller allied countries, I do not like how most of their teams are english or american. If a native replacement can be found I would much rather use that one. If not then find the name of an assembly plant or depot or something and use that one instead. For example Australia currently has 2 american/us aircraft teams but it actually had 3 native aircraft producers which I posted earlier but these have not been included. I suggest to replace the foreign ones with these.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10421337&postcount=474

SCA/Scandinavia: I think that just a pooling of SWE/NOR and DEN TTs are a bad idea.

Well it is probably the nation with the most tech teams, however, I reduced the skill of all of them with 1 to compensate for this.

I will see if I can find some teams for those that need more

Last edited:
Why? Geiju Tin-Mining Company was that largest industrial company/operation in the area.
My post is mostly about pictures. Thus the mining company needs a better picture.

some TT for south America

Costa Rica
If it hasn't already been added!
Universidad de Costa Rica
universidaddecostarical.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Chemistry, mathematics and management
Starting year 1930 end year 1970.
Skill level 2

Brazil
Força Aérea Brasileira
foraareabrasileira.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Aeronautics, tec efficiency and aircraft testing.
Staring year 1941 end year 1970
Skill level 3

Comando-Geral de Tecnologia Aerospacial
comandogeraldetecnologi.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Aeronautics, mathematics, nuclear physics and management
Staring year 1953 end year 1970
Skill level 4

Instituto Militar de Engenharia
imelogo.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Skill level 3
Chemistry, mathematics and management
Staring year 1930 end year 1970

Don't bother to make these pictures until I notify, as Russia is not finished, these goes for the other two posts as well.

Happy TwentyTen Everyone!!:D

I've been working first on teams that were already with either Russia or the Soviet Union...

Some Pictures for RUS:

Ilyushin:
kal7np.jpg

Try not to get Stalin in the picture...

Izhevsk Weapon Factory:
2iuru6b.jpg

Because it is so Black and White, do you think it is possible to switch the colors around? If so, just get the top crest, and the first two lines of words, remove the date and serial number.
250mhvl.jpg

Mikhail Kalashnikov:
2j3id5v.jpg

Just get his face.

Mikoyan-i-Gurevich:
2mfkcjs.jpg

Ooh, try to keep the Stars out of the picture! Didn't notice this!

Rubin Design Bureau (Pre-war):
29zekvk.jpg

Rubin Design Bureau (Post-war):
m8d7co.jpg

Trans-Siberian Railway:
28s25wp.jpg

Tsaritsyn Tractor Factory:
2h5sks8.jpg

Tupolev:
2ztf291.jpg

V.A. Degtyarev Plant:
2u7ovi8.png

That is Degtyarev with a DP-28.

Yakovlev:
k2n6ys.jpg

Last edited:
Please check whether some of them already has a picture.

Please check whether some of them already has a picture.

Ilyushin: Current picture is of the front-end of a bomber, this is of the factory assembly line.

Izhevsk Ordnance Plant: Current picture is a vague photo of the font of the factory, that was renovated in the 1970's. This would be one of your "Specials", the Pre-Soviet Izhevsk Logo and a M91.

Andrei Kalashnikov: Current picture show the whole photo of him in Red Army Uniform, this would just show his face.

Mikoyan-i-Gurevich: Current is photo of Mikoyan and Gurevich designing in their Bureau, this would show production of a MiG-3. I'm trying to get away from the Bureau, and this TT would represent not Mikoyan and Gurevich, but thier Aircraft Corporation.

Rubin Design Bureau: Current photo shows picture of a Nuclear Sub made in the 1970's. I am going to split the team in two, the earlier one dosent have Nuclear Engineering, but the later one will. First photo is of a Submarine made pre-war, second is of a post-war. I had to look very hard for these photos and found them off of Rubin's Russian website!

Trans-Siberian Railway: Current photo shows a train in a museum, this photo is of the Siberian Railway in the far-East.

Tsaritsyn Tractor Factory: Current photo shows a close up of a tractor, this one shows their back lot where vehicles go after rolling of the assembly line, it has some tractors and some T-34's.

Tupolev: Current picture shows the top of a bomber, this one shows the assembly line.

V.A. Degtyarev Plant: Current picture is a close-up of him in Red Army Uniform. This one is of him working on a prototype DP-28

Yakovlev: Current photo just shows plan in the air, this shows a production line for Yak-1's.

Most of these photos are replacing Paradox photos, where it is evident they didn't look very hard to find pictures, I try to find pictures suiting the role of development and production, thus I like photos of production lines. Also, alot of current custom photos are just taken off of Wikipedia and some are from the 1970's, I know because I too have seen them when I looked for pictures.

I do not try to make more work then I feel is needed, I am keeping several photos that are already there. Don't feel in a rush for them, I still have alot more work for Russia (for me, not neccessarily for you). I kinda post them up so they are "saved" somewhere where other people can look at them, and several times people have suggested better photos. I don't put them up to say "DO THEM NOW!!!".:mad::p

I hope I make sense. :)

Last edited:
Okay, some Doctrine TT's for Russia.

Alexander Kutepov:
29w1qur.jpg

Anatoli Rogozhin:
3308ems.jpg

Andrei Vlasov:
avlasov2.png

Thanks to Pioniere for a better picture.

Anton Denikin:
122lwjt.jpg

First Choice: One of him shortly before the end of the RCW.
24y6csw.jpg

Second Choice: One of him in early 30's, but not in uniform.

Viktorin Molchanov:
2ik9q15.jpg

Alexander Prokofiev-Seversky:
oh73t0.gif

Vasili Yanchenko:
2qjyw6o.jpg

Viktor Maltsev:
311klza.jpg
2co25hd.jpg
k9x8jq.jpg

First Choice: Poor Quality (maybe middle one is best?), but excellent pictures of him in Russian Liberation Air Force hat, reviewing Pilots in 1945.
15ri05i.jpg

Distant Second Choice: Picture of him in Luftwaffe Uniform that I don't really like, but it is better quality.

Viktor Pokrovsky:
omqhl.jpg

Mikhail Berens:
15gz86v.jpg

He is Center of Bottom Row.

Mikhail Kedrov:
aykf0o.jpg

Soo... some of these pictures are from the RCW period. You must remember that after the war many of these people faded into obscurity, or wern't living. It is due the the Alternate History of a Russia that they are still Significant, or living. It was hard to find these pictures alone, and I'm afraid they will have to do. Please however, don't remove whatever is in the background. It looks so odd when you have someone and then there isn't anything behind them.

I'm also having trouble with Admirals. I've found a few, but information (and pictures) is hard to find.

I'll update this as I go along.

Last edited:
Okay, Industrial TT's for RUS:

Admiralty Shipyard:
zmgm15.jpg

Andrei Kolmogorov:
neydu9.jpg

Baltic Shipyard:
2i2a7wk.jpg

George Kistiakowsky:
kega42.jpg

Igor Sikorsky:
2djnmh2.jpg

Nikolaev Admiralty Shipyard:
dcv3x0.jpg

Obukhovsky Plant:
xkqfm8.jpg

Saint Petersburg Polytechnical University:
4vfrlg.jpg

Tula Weapon Factory:
2vuar14.jpg

Same thing as with Izhevsk, just get everything above the date.
250mhvl.jpg

Vladimir Zworykin:
v2qko0.jpg

I'll update this as I go along.

Last edited:
Leaders should be reported in the other thread.

Leaders should be reported in the other thread.

They are TT's.

Edit: Will you be able to finish the TT's for DDR/DFR?

Last edited:
Going over Austria the final time now.

TT's for AUS:

Alexander Löhr: Took the ö out of the TT Photo name. Replaced it with a regular o.

Alfred Hubicki: No change.

Alfred Jansa: No change.

Anselm Franz: Added Aeronautics. I had originally had this Specialty taken out, but after realising that all the other Rocketry TT's also have Aeronautics, I think I will add it back again.

August Fischer-See: Moved Start Date from 1945 to 1946.

Daimler: No change.

Erwin Fussenegger: Moved Start Date from 1945 to 1946.

Erwin Schrödinger(1): Took the ö out of the TT Photo name. Replaced it with a regular o.

Erwin Schrödinger(2): Took the ö out of the TT Photo name. Replaced it with a regular o.

Georg Stetter: No change.

Georg Trapp: No change.

Ok

GÖCH: Took "-Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemiker" out of the TT Name, because I think that name is too long, and since the acronym GÖCH is commonly used, it isn't hurtful to shorten it.

It is because nobody will understand the meaning of the acronym

Hirtenberger Patronenfabrik: No change.

Hirtenberger-Hopfner: No change.

Julius Yllam: No change.

Korneuburg Werft: Took "AG" out of the TT Name, because it is unneccessary. AG merely denotes that the company was Public. It is similiar the VEB in many DDR companies, which denoted that that company was State Owned.

Kurt Gödel: Took the ö out of the TT Photo name. Replaced it with a regular o.

Österreichische Donauflottille: Took the Ö out of the TT Photo name. Replaced it with a regular O.

Otto Kauba: No change.

Paul Lube: Moved Start Date from 1945 to 1946.

Pintsch Bamag: No change.

Puch: Replacing the old Logo with a Picture. I have tried to do this 2 times now, but because you don't first delete the old AUS photos, it never gets added. They both are named T_AUS_Puch.

Steyr: No change.

Technische Universität Wien: Took the ä out of the TT Photo name. Replaced it with a regular ä. Removed Specialty Small Unit Tactics. I think it was there on accident.

Werner Vogl: Moved Start Date from 1945 to 1946.

Wolfgang Gröbner: Took the ö out of the TT Photo name. Replaced it with a regular o.

Removed TT's:

Österreichische Luftstreitkräfte: I think we should remove this TT because we already have 2 Air Doctrine TT's to cover Austria. It had been agreed that these "Generic" Airforce/Army/Navy TT's were only fillers for when enough actual could not be found to make TT's out of. Not that we have found enough leaders for Austira I think this TT should be removed.

Österreichisches Bundesheer: Same case as with the TT above. We have enough people to cover Austria.
Notes:

The TT's of August Fischer-See, Erwin Fussenegger, Paul Lube and Werner Vogl had their start dates moved back to 1946 because they are Post-war TT's. I wan't the Pre-war/War TT's to end in 1945, and the Post-war TT's to begin in 1946, I don't not want to have them all at the same time.
This whole deal is only for nations were politics were concerned. In Austria after the war, all people who had served in the German Army with a Generals rank were retired.

The "Special Characters" such as "ä" and "ö" have been removed from TT Photo names due to a dicussion that was had in the 2nd Thread.

See below the code:

Code:
600;Alexander Löhr;T_AUS_Alexander_Lohr;6;1930;1945;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;piloting;combined_arms_focus;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
601;Alfred Hubicki;T_AUS_Alfred_Hubicki;4;1930;1945;combined_arms_focus;small_unit_tactics;decentralized_execution;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
602;Alfred Jansa;T_AUS_Alfred_Jansa;5;1930;1945;infantry_focus;large_unit_tactics;centralized_execution;individual_courage;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
603;Anselm Franz;T_AUS_Anselm_Franz;6;1930;1970;rocketry;aeronautics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
604;August Fischer-See;T_AUS_August_Fischer-See;4;1946;1970;decentralized_execution;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
605;Daimler;T_AUS_Daimler;7;1930;1970;general_equipment;industrial_engineering;management;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
606;Erwin Fussenegger;T_AUS_Erwin_Fussenegger;5;1946;1970;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;centralized_execution;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
607;Erwin Schrödinger;T_AUS_Erwin_Schrodinger_I;7;1930;1939;mathematics;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
608;Erwin Schrödinger;T_AUS_Erwin_Schrodinger_II;7;1956;1961;mathematics;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
609;Georg Stetter;T_AUS_Georg_Stetter;5;1939;1970;mathematics;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
610;Georg Trapp;T_AUS_Georg_Trapp;4;1930;1947;centralized_execution;naval_training;seamanship;small_taskforce_tactics;submarine_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
611;GÖCH;T_AUS_GOCH;4;1930;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
612;Hirtenberger Patronenfabrik;T_AUS_Hirtenberger_Patronenfabrik;5;1930;1970;general_equipment;industrial_engineering;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
613;Hirtenberger-Hopfner;T_AUS_Hirtenberger-Hopfner;4;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
614;Julius Yllam;T_AUS_Julius_Yllam;4;1930;1942;aircraft_testing;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
615;Korneuburg Werft;T_AUS_Korneuburg_Werft;2;1930;1970;naval_engineering;naval_artillery;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
616;Kurt Gödel;T_AUS_Kurt_Godel;7;1930;1939;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
617;Österreichische Donauflottille;T_AUS_Osterreichische_Donauflottille;2;1930;1970;naval_training;seamanship;small_taskforce_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
618;Otto Kauba;T_AUS_Otto_Kauba;5;1942;1970;rocketry;aeronautics;artillery;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
619;Paul Lube;T_AUS_Paul_Lube;4;1946;1970;centralized_execution;aircraft_testing;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
620;Pintsch Bamag;T_AUS_Pintsch_Bamag;4;1930;1970;general_equipment;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
621;Puch;T_AUS_Puch;5;1930;1970;general_equipment;mechancis;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
622;Steyr;T_AUS_Steyr;5;1930;1970;artillery;electronics;general_equipment;mechanics;technichal_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
623;Technische Universität Wien;T_AUS_Technische_Universitat_Wien;4;1930;1970;chemistry;mathematics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
624;Werner Vogl;T_AUS_Werner_Vogl;4;1946;1970;combined_arms_focus;small_unit_tactics;decentralized_execution;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
625;Wolfgang Gröbner;T_AUS_Wolfgang_Grobner;5;1930;1970;electronics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Also, before I upload the pictures Cardus, I would like it if you first deleted all the old ones with the AUS tag. Sometimes when I gave new ones it kept the old ones, and there are some doubles. We actually have 4 different pictures for Erwin Schrödinger in the pack right now! So please can you tell me when you have deleted the old photos and then I will put up the new Photo Pack.

Some pictures are kept until the final version. I cannot count the times we changed Austrian TTs. Please understand that as well as the fact we are working on version 1.2 beta.

It is because nobody will understand the meaning of the acronym.

Then take GÖCH out of the name, and just have Gesellschaft Österreichischer Chemiker. I just don't think we should have both in the name. It'd be like having a US team "GM-General Motors". As for an Acronym, people are just fine with FIAT, sometimes the Acronym is used more then the full name.

Some pictures are kept until the final version. I cannot count the times we changed Austrian TTs. Please understand that as well as the fact we are working on version 1.2 beta.

I'm just trying to finish the Austrian teams now, so what we have is done. Just because it is a beta can we not try to finish some things off?:) Then we can check it off the list and not have to worry about it anymore. It's almost like having some projects (lets say a model airplane or something), would you want to be working on a bunch at once, or would you want to get some done before you work on others?

Then maybe later we can say, well, I know some better paint scheme to put on, or I know a better TT to add.

Same thing goes with the pictures. We might as well sort out what we have now, while we know what is what, then do it later.

I hope I make sense, I'm not trying to be difficult with anyone, I apologise if it feels that way.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.