• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
POL and NOR get overhauled, it need careful checking.
I think the 30+ teams for POL is too much.

Romania appears to have 22. Greece over 15...

Cut them down as well - when I proposed 17 teams for Poland I assumed it will not be matched by Greece and the likes.
Not that I am ignoring that country, but we are talking about much different countries.

The smallest of those companies I proposed (Elektrit) produced over 500 000 radios, relatively small Fablok 1300+ locomotives, HCP thousands of wagons, tractors and cannons and the list goes on.
Some of those companies produced more equipment than entire countries.

Please cut the rest down and I will reduce the list as well. Right now I have little or no reason to do so and I wouldn't know where to start.

Czechoslovakia should receive similar treatment, though I know too little about their industry to do it.
As far as I know their military industry was based around smaller number, but more powerful companies which is well represented by their skill.

Polish and Czechoslovakian industry was more larger and more diverse than Romanian, Greek, Norwegian etc and if techteams appear in dozens I see no reason why the same rules shouldn't apply to those two states.

Romania appears to have 22. Greece over 15...

Cut them down as well - when I proposed 17 teams for Poland I assumed it will not be matched by Greece and the likes.
Not that I am ignoring that country, but we are talking about much different countries.

The smallest of those companies I proposed (Elektrit) produced over 500 000 radios, relatively small Fablok 1300+ locomotives, HCP thousands of wagons, tractors and cannons and the list goes on.
Some of those companies produced more equipment than entire countries.

Please cut the rest down and I will reduce the list as well. Right now I have little or no reason to do so and I wouldn't know where to start.

Czechoslovakia should receive similar treatment, though I know too little about their industry to do it.
As far as I know their military industry was based around smaller number, but more powerful companies which is well represented by their skill.

Polish and Czechoslovakian industry was more larger and more diverse than Romanian, Greek, Norwegian etc and if techteams appear in dozens I see no reason why the same rules shouldn't apply to those two states.

There is no reason to argue about the number of TTs. At the end of the day what matters is the IC that is the number of TTs that can research at the same time

PS

I will be back on Monday. Sorry for any inconvenience caused to you

Last edited:
I don't think 30+ teams for POL is too much, but I don't think all the ones suggested ATM deserve to be in.

Edit: No offense intended, but I think the picture of Maczek is a hoot. He looks like he just heard a joke or something. :p

The image comes from this webside -

http://www.greendevils.pl/polacy/maczek/maczek.html

One of the best pictures of Maczek made before 1939.

The only alternative is this

http://bochenskie.republika.pl/foto_artykuly/maczek_small.jpg

There are of course quite many images from later years, but these wouldn't feel quite right.

Norwegian tehcteams (redux)

If my modification gives Norway too many techteams, an alternative is to bump the skill of Aker to 6 or 7 and exchange electronics with technical_efficiency and not include Bergens Mekaniske. Borregaard could be removed, and mechanics given to Kvaerner or Kongsberg. Atomteknikk and the two universities could be merged into one team (Universitetet i Oslo, skill 5, mathematics, chemistry, nuclear_physics and nuclear_engineering).

If Norway has to few tech teams, other candidates are
- "Christiania Spigerverk" with skill 3, general_equipment and mechanics (hmm - it probably makes more sense to include them than Borregaard, since Norsk Hydro will most likely research all the chemistry related technologies)
- "Elkem" with skill 2, mechanics and technical_efficiency

First off, I don't think we should have this TT argument. Countries should get TT's based solely on what information is availible to them and what teams are proposed for them. Right now Austria is on the verge of 25 TT's, and they deserve every one of them.There need not be some IC related issue with TT's.

Edit: Also, many TT's start and end during the game, so it is not like Norway or Greece will have 15+ TT's all at one time...
As for the Czechs, they are another nation that I wan't to look at personally. But I want to finish Austria and Luxembourg first. But they will likely get some more TT's added aswell, as I agree with Cegroach that they had a very diverse and (for their size) powerful industry.

The only alternative is this
http://bochenskie.republika.pl/foto_artykuly/maczek_small.jpg
There are of course quite many images from later years, but these wouldn't feel quite right.

I actually kinda like that last one. Agreed with the later images.

If my modification gives Norway too many techteams, an alternative is to bump the skill of Aker to 6 or 7 and exchange electronics with technical_efficiency and not include Bergens Mekaniske. Borregaard could be removed, and mechanics given to Kvaerner or Kongsberg. Atomteknikk and the two universities could be merged into one team (Universitetet i Oslo, skill 5, mathematics, chemistry, nuclear_physics and nuclear_engineering).

If Norway has to few tech teams, other candidates are
- "Christiania Spigerverk" with skill 3, general_equipment and mechanics (hmm - it probably makes more sense to include them than Borregaard, since Norsk Hydro will most likely research all the chemistry related technologies)
- "Elkem" with skill 2, mechanics and technical_efficiency

The thing with Norway is they were pretty well developed, not an industrial power by any means. But a Skill 2 TT is one that might not need to be included. That be like giving Germany some Skill 4 Land Doctrine Team...

It's not how many TT's that count, but how many that deserve to be TT's...

Eidt: Also an Image for Giorgi Kvinitadze, who didn't have one...

giorgikvinitadze.jpg

Last edited:
The thing with Norway is they were pretty well developed, not an industrial power by any means. But a Skill 2 TT is one that might not need to be included.

One problem with Norway is that they didn't have many companies producing armaments and little in the way of automobile industry. Thus it is hard to find tech teams for armor techs. Elkem represents the norwegian smelters (especially aluminum and ferroalloys). They have skill 2 since they were/are not close to produce any tanks, and I decided to err on the side of caution.

One problem with Norway is that they didn't have many companies producing armaments and little in the way of automobile industry. Thus it is hard to find tech teams for armor techs. Elkem represents the norwegian smelters (especially aluminum and ferroalloys). They have skill 2 since they were/are not close to produce any tanks, and I decided to err on the side of caution.

Were there many companies producing Airplanes or Trains? No automobile industry at all?:wacko:

It's nice to be thinking ahead like that though.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...korea-zip.html

Made by Europa Universalis Cafe in Korea. (http://cafe.daum.net/Europa)

There is 4 files include.

Koreatechteam.zip is just techteam file.

13500 Donghwa Medication is one of old industrial company in korea. from Korean Empire Era (1897-1910), with Whal Myung Su(first western medicine which invented by korean, Min Byung-ho.)
http://www.dong-wha.co.kr/english/

13501 Woo Jangchun (Woo Jangchoon is correct) is Korean-Japanese agricultural scientist and botanist famous for breeding plants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo_Jang-choon

13502 Doosan is oldest company in korea. The company began as the Park Seung Jik Store in 1896 in Baeogai, Korea’s first modern store. and has developed into a multinational, diversified business empire, with particular emphasis on consumer goods, manufacturing and the trading and construction sectors.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doosan

13503 Seoul Electronics is one of National-made company in Korean Empire Era. H.Collbran and H.R.Bostwick are established this company. but so many debt the had. then sold out to Empire Trust(American Company) in 1904. but broke and gave to Japan in 1909. However, it was renamed only to Kyeongseong Electronics, and lives to 1966.
http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/서울전차

13504 Korea Railway Inc. is founded in 1963, but it's ancestor, Korea Railway Company(as Korean, Daehan Choldo Hwoesa) was established in 1905 and there's plan to built Gyeongbu-line. but Japan won't it. and broke and gave them. then, Japan made all of Korea's railway to 1944.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyeongbu_Line
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korail

13505 Inchon Arms Factory
13518 Jinhae Navyyard
13519 Inchon Navyyard
13520 Wonsan Navyyard
these are made by Japan, to 1930. and going on to 1956.
Later, IAF is renamed to ADD.

there's so many techteam. but i can't write here because i'm not good at English, so if you have question. send me note or e-mail to gpg0109@naver.com.

and... skill level has to be fix.

Albania

Albania

Name: Abas Kupi
Stard date: 1930
End date: 1970
Skill: 2
Specilaty: small_unit_tactics;decentralized_execution
Note: A resistance leader. At the communist takeover he can be slept.
http://www.maplegrove.biz/MGCHistoryArchive/abuskupi.htm
T_ALB_Abas_Kupi.bmp

Name: Akademine Ushtarake Skenderbej
Skill: 1
Specilaty: individual_courage;centralized_execution;training;infantry_focus
Note: Was Skanderbeg Officer College. Large unit tactics was removed (did't ever had that large a military). And decetralized execution changed to centralized one (reflecting that it was a training center in the communist era too, when centraliezed execution was the rule).

Name: Kantieri Detar Durres
Specilaty: Naval engineering, electronics, mechanics
Note: Was Albanian Shipyard. It is the larges shipyard of Albania, located at Durres / Durazzo. Was in operation from the beginning of the XX.c.
Naval artillery has been removed.

Name: Forcat Ajrore Shqiptare
Stard date: 1950
Specilaty: piloting;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;aeronautics
Note: Picture that of a Nanchang PT-6 #07 at Berat
T_ALB_AirForce.bmp

Name: Forcat Detare Shqiptare
Stard date: 1945
Specilaty: seamanship, submarine tactics
Note: The Navy of Albania
http://translate.google.com/transla...sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forcat_Detare_Shqiptare
T_ALB_Navy.bmp

Name: Albanian Mines
Skill:
Specilaty: industrial_engineering;management;chemistry
Note: Tirana Industrial Combine renamed Albanian Mines
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6189026
T_ALB_Mines.bmp

Interwar industry:
A pipeline between the Kuçovë oil field and Vlorë's port expedited shipments of crude petroleum to Italy's refineries after the Italians took over the oil-drilling concessions of all other foreign companies in 1939. Albania also possessed bitumen, lignite, iron, chromite, copper, bauxite, manganese, and some gold. Shkodër had a cement factory; Korçë, a brewery; and Durrës and Shkodër, cigarette factories that used locally grown tobacco.

The Società Italiana Miniere di Salenizza (Simsa), a subsidiary of Bombrini Parodi, explores for oil in Albania, and then limits itself to exploiting deposits of bitumen. ... The Boschi Company, created in Albania by the Italian State Railway Corporation following the First World War, in part to explore for oil, obtains two concessions in 1925-26, while SIMSA (the Italian Mining Company of Salenizza) acquires a new concession of 2540 hectares in the Albanian territories of Penkowa and Drasciovizza. The AIPA (Azienda Italiana Petroli Albania) is created to exploit oil resources in Albania. Reports of the time show that, in 1925, there are two well organised fields in the Emilia Region, specifically in Montechino e Velleja, though production levels are modest.

Code:
ALB;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2;Speciality3;Speciality4;Speciality5;Speciality6;Speciality7;Speciality8;Speciality9;Speciality10;Speciality11;Speciality12;Speciality13;Speciality14;Speciality15;Speciality16;Speciality17;Speciality18;Speciality19;Speciality20;Speciality21;Speciality22;Speciality23;Speciality24;Speciality25;Speciality26;Speciality27;Speciality28;Speciality29;Speciality30;Speciality31;Speciality32;x
8200;Akademine Ushtarake Skenderbej;T8200;1;1930;1970;individual_courage;centralized_execution;training;infantry_focus;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8202;Kantieri Detar Durres;T3802;1;1930;1970;naval_engineering;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8203;Albanian Mines;T_ALB_Mines;2;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8204;Universiteti Politeknik i Tiranës;T_ALB_UniversitetiPoliteknikiTirane;1;1951;1970;mathematics;electronics;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8206;Forcat Ajrore Shqiptare;T_ALB_AirForce;1;1952;1970;piloting;centralized_execution;aeronautics;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8205;Flota Luftarake detare;T_ALB_Navy;2;1945;1970;submarine_tactics;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8206;Abas Kupi;T_ALB_Abas_Kupi;2;1930;1970;small_unit_tactics;decentralized_execution;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Last edited:
Very good selection.

Name: Forcat Ajrore Shqiptare
Stard date: 1950
Specilaty: piloting;centralized_execution
Note: Picture that of a Nanchang PT-6 #07 at Berat
T_ALB_AirForce.bmp

I've found out (accidently) recently that the air force was formed after 1951 when Albanian pilots serving in the SU returned home.

Perhaps 1952-52 would be better ?

Also the branch of military was aminly fighter force. Fighter tactics wouln't matter too much, but add some use to the team. :)

Perhaps 1952-52 would be better ?
Also the branch of military was aminly fighter force. Fighter tactics wouln't matter too much, but add some use to the team. :)
True. But then it arrives at the very end of the game. I prefer to have teams a few years earlier than was formed. Consider that there should be some work done before an airforce can be established.
As for the fighter tactics it can be done.

Norwegian techeams

Some research gave me Strømmens Værksted (Stroemmens Vaerksted) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strømmens_Værksted). Skill 3 or 4, mechanics and technical_efficiency.

A secondady electronics tech team for Norway could be Elektrisk Bureau. Skill 3, electronics, mechanics (image http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:Elektrisk_Bureau.jpg). Another candidate is "Det norske Radioselskap" (from 1919)/"Norsk Telefunken Radioaksjeselskap" (changed name sometime between 1919 and 1947)/"Nera" (the name after 1947).

Wait, where is Croatia?
You're doing techs for Wales and California but not for Croatia? In a WW2 game?
Not to offend the mentioned countries but come on...
Do you want to suggest some? You would be very welcome.
As you might know this is a community contribution not a paid development. We suggest teams mostly for our own countries and for some we have some interest into.
English sources are usually scarce, but still doable.

Norwegian techteams (again)

I've coded up all my sugestions and done some more modifications. The changes are:
*Horten Naval Yard : changed name to Horten Verft, fixed a wrong speciality (now has technical_efficiency instead the second naval_artillery)
*Royal Norwegian Navy : changed name to Den kongelige norske marine
*Elkem : skill 3, and added chemistry
*Kjeller Flyfabrikk : changed electonics into chemistry, reduced skill from 4 to 3 (they mainly made planes on license from other companies)
*Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk : increased skill from 2 to 4, added electronics, technical_efficiency, removed aircraft_testing, piloting, training. (They designed their own aircraft)
*Royal Norwegian Airforce : changed startdate to 1944, renamed to Luftforsvaret (before 1944 Norway had two seperate airforces. One for army and one for the navy). Increased skill to 4, added piloting
*Haerens Flyvevaesen : new tech team for bomber doctrines (the army had some focus on bombing). Skill 3, aircraft_testing, bomber_tactics, combined_arms_focus, and piloting. Ends in 1944
*Marinens Flyvevaaben : corresponds to the old Royal Norwegian Airforce. Ends in 1944.

Code:
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;5;1930;1970;electronics;naval_training;industrial_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2501;Bergen Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_BergenMekaniske;4;1930;1970;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2502;Borregaard;T_NOR_Borregaard;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2503;Carl Gustav Fleischer;T2505;4;1930;1970;decentralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2504;Christiania Spigerverk;T_NOR_ChristianiaSpigerverk;3;1930;1970;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2505;Den Kongelige Norske Marine;T2507;3;1930;1970;centralized_execution;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2506;Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet;T_NOR_KglFrederiksUniversitet;4;1930;1946;chemistry;nuclear_physics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2507;Elektrisk Bureau;T_NOR_ElektriskBureau;3;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2508;Elkem;T_NOR_Elkem;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2509;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;combined_arms_focus;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2510;Framnaes Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2511;Haerens Flyvevaesen;T_NOR_HaerensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;combined_arms_focus;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2512;Horten Verft;T2500;3;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2513;Institutt for Atomenergi;T_NOR_InstituttforAtomenergi;6;1946;1970;chemistry;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2514;Kjeller Flyfabrikk;T2501;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2515;Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk;T2502;4;1930;1970;artillery;electronics;general_equipment;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2516;Kvaerner;T2503;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2517;Luftforsvaret;T2506;1944;1970;4;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2518;Norsk Hydro;T_NOR_NorskHydro;5;1930;1970;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2519;Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk;T_NOR_MarinensFlyvebaatfabrikk;4;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2520;Marinens Flyvevaaben;T_NOR_MarinensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2521;Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk;T2504;5;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2522;Stroemmens Vaerksted;T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted;4;1930;1970;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2523;Tandbergs Radiofabrikk;T_NOR_Vebjorn_Tandberg;5;1933;1970;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2524;Universitetet i Oslo;T_NOR_UiO;5;1946;1970;chemistry;electronics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

If this is way to many tech teams, the following modifications are possible:
* Remove Bergen Mekaniske and change Horten, Aker and Framnaes by increasing skill (or in the case of Aker: adding technical_efficeincy) to the following:
Code:
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;5;1930;1970;electronics;naval_training;industrial_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
25xx;Framnaes Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;5;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
25xx;Horten Verft;T2500;4;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
*Remove Atomteknikk and Frederiks Universitet, change UiO to
Code:
25xx;Universitetet i Oslo;T_NOR_UiO;5;1930;1970;chemistry;nuclear_physics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
*Remove Luftforsvaret and FFI, but give Haerens Flyvevaesen, Marinens Flyvevaaben end date of 1970
*Remove Elkem, Borregaard, and Elektrisk Bureau

Instead of removing tech teams from the db, one could given them startdate of 1971 (or comment them out if that is possible). This might save potential future modders some work in researching norwegian tech teams.

I do agree that there should be some balance in tech teams. However, since the number of research slots is the main problem for minors, the best way to balance is by tweaking skills. Still it feels wrong if Norway ends up with more tech teams than Sweden.

there's so many techteam. but i can't write here because i'm not good at English

I can understand your English just fine mate. No need to be ashamed. I couldn't tell you one word of Korean.:eek:o:)

Any and all help is appreciated.:cool:

Albania
Code:
ALB;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2;Speciality3;Speciality4;Speciality5;Speciality6;Speciality7;Speciality8;Speciality9;Speciality10;Speciality11;Speciality12;Speciality13;Speciality14;Speciality15;Speciality16;Speciality17;Speciality18;Speciality19;Speciality20;Speciality21;Speciality22;Speciality23;Speciality24;Speciality25;Speciality26;Speciality27;Speciality28;Speciality29;Speciality30;Speciality31;Speciality32;x
8200;Akademine Ushtarake Skenderbej;T8200;1;1930;1970;individual_courage;centralized_execution;training;infantry_focus;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8202;Kantieri Detar Durres;T3802;1;1930;1970;naval_engineering;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8203;Albanian Mines;T_ALB_Mines;2;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8204;Universiteti Politeknik i Tiranës;T_ALB_UniversitetiPoliteknikiTirane;1;1951;1970;mathematics;electronics;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8206;Forcat Ajrore Shqiptare;T_ALB_AirForce;1;1952;1970;piloting;centralized_execution;aeronautics;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8205;Flota Luftarake detare;T_ALB_Navy;2;1945;1970;submarine_tactics;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8206;Abas Kupi;T_ALB_Abas_Kupi;2;1930;1970;small_unit_tactics;decentralized_execution;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Nice work!

Wait, where is Croatia?
You're doing techs for Wales and California but not for Croatia? In a WW2 game?
Not to offend the mentioned countries but come on...

Do you want to suggest some? You would be very welcome.
As you might know this is a community contribution not a paid development. We suggest teams mostly for our own countries and for some we have some interest into.
English sources are usually scarce, but still doable.

Or in my case a bunch of countries I'm interested in, and nothing for my own...

Some research gave me Strømmens Værksted (Stroemmens Vaerksted)

A far as I am aware, the special characters (ø,æ) can be used.

Also, Kunadem, can you please add this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kiev_Arsenal_Factory_(ddima).JPG
To your list of images to make? It's for the Zavod Arsenal, I think if it is possible to remove the truck, then the images will look good? For Ukraine.

And for the rest of the images, the Middle Eastern Airforce pictures, please do what you think best. But they are the only images that I could find, so they will have to work, one way or another.

Last edited:
I've gone over the norwegian techteams and made several changes:
* Akers Mekaniske : Increased skill from 4 to 5, removed mechanics and added industrial_engineering
* Bergen Mekaniske Verksted : new (skill 4, naval_engineering and technical_efficiency)
* Borregaard : new (skill 3, chemistry and mechanics)
* Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet : new (skill 4, chemistry, mathematics, nuclear_physics). Ends in 1946
* Kongsberg : Added artillery and electronics. Removed industrial_engineering and management
* Kvaerner : Reduced skill from 6 to 5, removed naval_engineering and chemistry. Added industrial_engineering and management
* Norges Tekniske Høgskole : deleted
* Norsk Hydro : Increased skill from 4 to 5
* Odd Hassel : deleted (skill 5, chemistry, management, electronics)
* Airforce : Removed bomber_tactics, added fighter_tactics
* Tandberg : Renamed, changed start year to 1933
* UiO : new (skill 5, chemistry, electronics, mathematics), starts in 1946

Reasons:
Kvaerner buildt it first ship in 1965 after the aquisiton of Moss Værft & Dokk in 1962, so it it looses naval_engineering. They were newer a chemical company, so they loose chemistry. Historically they should be a perfect match for machine tools so they gain industrial_engineering and management.
Source (in norwegian) : http://www.snl.no/Kværner_ASA
This leaves Norway drastically reduced in naval research. To compensate, the skill level of Aker is increased (and they gain industrial_engineering so that they can do the assembly line production for ships), and Bergens Mekaniske is added as a new tech team (I was not sure which shipyard to include. Other candidates are "Rosenberg Mekaniske" and " Trondhjems Mekaniske Værksted". Note that both Bergen and Trodhjems was bought by Aker in the 1960's)

Kongsberg produced anti-aircraft guns, so the gain artillery. Removed industrial_engineering and management since Kvaerner fills this role for Norway.
Source (also in norwegian) : http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kongsberg_Våpenfabrikk

Odd Hassel was an academic at the university of Oslo (and Nobel laurate), while Norsk Hydro was a chemical compay producing fertilizers.
Borregaard is a pulp and paper company. Added so that Norway still has two mechanics tech teams. Another candidate might be the smelter Elkem.
The norwegian airforce uses fighters, not bombers.
I've renamed Tanberg to the name of his company (founded in 1933)
Altough NTH is the university that fits best with a technological inovations, the tech team Norway needs is one for mathematics and nuclear physics. Thus NTH is out, while Kgl. Frederiks Universitet is in. It changed name in 1939 to "Universitetet i Oslo", but I propose to do the name change in 1946 (e.g. when Atomenergi takes over the nuclear research). Since the first norwegian computer was build at the university of Oslo, they gain electronics.

I'm not good at locating images in the public domain, but hopefully someone can find images for "Tandbergs Radiofabrikk", "Universitetet i Oslo" (twice), "Bergen Mekaniske Verksted" (or one of the other shipyards), and "Borregaard".

Code:
NOR;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2;Speciality3;Speciality4;Speciality5;Speciality6;Speciality7;Speciality8;Speciality9;Speciality10;Speciality11;Speciality12;Speciality13;Speciality14;Speciality15;Speciality16;Speciality17;Speciality18;Speciality19;Speciality20;Speciality21;Speciality22;Speciality23;Speciality24;Speciality25;Speciality26;Speciality27;Speciality28;Speciality29;Speciality30;Speciality31;Speciality32;x
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;5;1930;1970;electronics;naval_training;industrial_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2501;Bergen Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_BergenMekaniske;4;1930;1970;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2502;Borregaard;T_NOR_Borregaard;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2503;Carl Gustav Fleischer;T2505;4;1930;1970;decentralized_execution;infantry_focus;small_unit_tactics;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2504;Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet;T_NOR_KglFrederiksUniversitet;4;1930;1946;chemistry;nuclear_physics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2505;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;combined_arms_focus;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2506;Framnaes Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2507;Horten Naval Yard;T2500;3;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;naval_artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2508;Institutt for Atomenergi;T_NOR_InstituttforAtomenergi;6;1946;1970;chemistry;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2509;Kjeller Flyfabrikk;T2501;4;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2510;Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk;T2502;4;1930;1970;artillery;electronics;general_equipment;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2511;Kvaerner;T2503;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2512;Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk;T_NOR_MarinensFlyvebaatfabrikk;2;1930;1970;aeronautics;aircraft_testing;piloting;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2513;Norsk Hydro;T_NOR_NorskHydro;5;1930;1970;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2514;Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk;T2504;5;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2515;Royal Norwegian Airforce;T2506;3;1930;1970;aircraft_testing;fighter_tactics;centralized_execution;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2516;Royal Norwegian Navy;T2507;3;1930;1970;centralized_execution;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2517;Tandbergs Radiofabrikk;T_NOR_Vebjorn_Tandberg;5;1933;1970;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2518;Universitetet i Oslo;T_NOR_UiO;5;1946;1970;chemistry;electronics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

I've coded up all my sugestions and done some more modifications. The changes are:
*Horten Naval Yard : changed name to Horten Verft, fixed a wrong speciality (now has technical_efficiency instead the second naval_artillery)
*Royal Norwegian Navy : changed name to Den kongelige norske marine
*Elkem : skill 3, and added chemistry
*Kjeller Flyfabrikk : changed electonics into chemistry, reduced skill from 4 to 3 (they mainly made planes on license from other companies)
*Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk : increased skill from 2 to 4, added electronics, technical_efficiency, removed aircraft_testing, piloting, training. (They designed their own aircraft)
*Royal Norwegian Airforce : changed startdate to 1944, renamed to Luftforsvaret (before 1944 Norway had two seperate airforces. One for army and one for the navy). Increased skill to 4, added piloting
*Haerens Flyvevaesen : new tech team for bomber doctrines (the army had some focus on bombing). Skill 3, aircraft_testing, bomber_tactics, combined_arms_focus, and piloting. Ends in 1944
*Marinens Flyvevaaben : corresponds to the old Royal Norwegian Airforce. Ends in 1944.

Code:
2504;Christiania Spigerverk;T_NOR_ChristianiaSpigerverk;3;1930;1970;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2505;Den Kongelige Norske Marine;T2507;3;1930;1970;centralized_execution;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2506;Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet;T_NOR_KglFrederiksUniversitet;4;1930;1946;chemistry;nuclear_physics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2507;Elektrisk Bureau;T_NOR_ElektriskBureau;3;1930;1970;electronics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2508;Elkem;T_NOR_Elkem;3;1930;1970;chemistry;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2509;Forsvarets Forskningsinstitutt;T_NOR_FFI;5;1946;1970;chemistry;combined_arms_focus;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2510;Framnaes Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2511;Haerens Flyvevaesen;T_NOR_HaerensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;bomber_tactics;combined_arms_focus;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2512;Horten Verft;T2500;3;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2513;Institutt for Atomenergi;T_NOR_InstituttforAtomenergi;6;1946;1970;chemistry;nuclear_engineering;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2514;Kjeller Flyfabrikk;T2501;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;chemistry;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2515;Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk;T2502;4;1930;1970;artillery;electronics;general_equipment;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2516;Kvaerner;T2503;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2517;Luftforsvaret;T2506;1944;1970;4;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2518;Norsk Hydro;T_NOR_NorskHydro;5;1930;1970;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2519;Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk;T_NOR_MarinensFlyvebaatfabrikk;4;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2520;Marinens Flyvevaaben;T_NOR_MarinensFly;3;1930;1944;aircraft_testing;centralized_execution;fighter_tactics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2521;Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk;T2504;5;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2522;Stroemmens Vaerksted;T_NOR_StrommensVaerksted;4;1930;1970;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2523;Tandbergs Radiofabrikk;T_NOR_Vebjorn_Tandberg;5;1933;1970;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
2524;Universitetet i Oslo;T_NOR_UiO;5;1946;1970;chemistry;electronics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

If this is way to many tech teams, the following modifications are possible:
* Remove Bergen Mekaniske and change Horten, Aker and Framnaes by increasing skill (or in the case of Aker: adding technical_efficeincy) to the following:
Code:
2500;Akers Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Akers;5;1930;1970;electronics;naval_training;industrial_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
25xx;Framnaes Mekaniske Verksted;T_NOR_Famnaes;5;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
25xx;Horten Verft;T2500;4;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
*Remove Atomteknikk and Frederiks Universitet, change UiO to
Code:
25xx;Universitetet i Oslo;T_NOR_UiO;5;1930;1970;chemistry;nuclear_physics;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
*Remove Luftforsvaret and FFI, but give Haerens Flyvevaesen, Marinens Flyvevaaben end date of 1970
*Remove Elkem, Borregaard, and Elektrisk Bureau

Instead of removing tech teams from the db, one could given them startdate of 1971 (or comment them out if that is possible). This might save potential future modders some work in researching norwegian tech teams.

I do agree that there should be some balance in tech teams. However, since the number of research slots is the main problem for minors, the best way to balance is by tweaking skills. Still it feels wrong if Norway ends up with more tech teams than Sweden.

Lots of radical changes here. I don't think all of your solutions are as good. I added 7 new tech-teams for Norway some time ago. Link here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10428383&postcount=532. I consider those 7, in addition to Hydro that was added later, to be the most essential and relevant ones for Norway. AND I consider 8 new tech-teams as more than enough for Norway if the word “balance” has any meaning at all. We have to keep in mind the number and quality of tech-teams for other countries when we add new ones for Norway. Norway should not have more shipyards than Great Britain for example. Even if it doesn’t spoil the game balance its just weird and meaningless. One more example: If the US has only one university as a tech-teams Norway should not have two. The preferences should be the same for all countries.

The main problem for minors is low IC and the fact their tech-teams are not as good as the majors. This is strictly speaking the reason that they are minors. Any and especially some of your “skill-tweaking” should be done with carefulness. As I have understood the point is not to make the technological capacity of any country better, or changing it somehow. We are doing this work because all countries now have a greater technological capacity and hereby need some more tech-teams.

Kvaerner
May be relevant and most points here seems to be fair. I can’t see what it has to do with management though.

Akers mekaniske verksted
Industrial engineering is not relevant at all as a specialty for this team. Akers mekaniske verksted built ships. Giving a tech-teams capacities and qualities it historically did not have is not balancing anything. Instead it’s making the game less objective

Bergen Mekaniske Verksted
Norway already has three naval yards as tech-teams: Akers, Horten verft and Framnaes. Why shouldn’t three of them be enough? Germany has two teams with naval engineering in vanilla. I am pretty sure Framnaes and Akers was the two biggest and most relevant ones. Adding more naval related tech-teams for Norway justify adding 10 times more for the US.

Norges Tekniske Høgskole & Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet
As I have stated earlier: Instead of implementing “Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet”, consider “The Norwegian Institute of Technology”. They were both universities (science institutes) in Norway, but the last one where much more important in relation to (military) technology-innovation. Actually, it had a very prestigious reputation internationally when it came to innovating new technology and producing valuable scientists.

And: This university should definitely not have a lower skill than Det Kongelige Frederiks Universitet. The Norwegian Institute of Technology educated lots and lots of more relevant/valuable scientists in the 20s, 30s and 40s. Vebjørn Otto Tandberg for example, took his education at the Norwegian Institute.

This is true. Just look up some of the best known Norwegian scientists from the era and check out where they took their education.’

You said: “Altough NTH is the university that fits best with a technological inovations, the tech team Norway needs is one for mathematics and nuclear physics. Thus NTH is out, while Kgl. Frederiks Universitet is in”. What Norway NEED is of course not relevant. We should not implement tech-teams according to all countries needs. We have the Institutt for Atomenergi for the nuclear physics specialty anyway.

As I have stated I think ONE university is enough for each country.

Marinens Flyvebaatfabrikk
If you know Norwegian history you know that the Norwegian aviation industry by no means corresponds to a tech-team of skill level 4. This was a very small and marginal factory. Skill 4 is way too high.

Kongsberg
Did Kongsberg produce any electrical solutions of significance in the WWII era?

Odd Hassel (added by paradox)
The reason for deleting the most important chemist in the history of Norway? “Odd Hassel was an academic at the university (of Oslo)”……as most chemist.

Vebjørn Tandberg/Tandbergs Radiofabrikk
If I found the Tandberg radio-factory more relevant as a tech-team than Vebjørn Tanberg himself I would for sure have proposed it as a tech-team instead of him. I did not however. His factory was very small in the 30s and 40s – the founder, Tandberg himself was not though. And don’t forget that the factory was totally based on only Tandbergs ideas and visions. It’s not the military significance and/or technology-innovating potential of the radio factory that I find interesting. It’s the innovative and essential role Vebjørn Tandberg could have played in a full scale war-mobilized, industrial-mobilized and technology-mobilized Norwegian society in the era.

In the case of Germany Wernher Von Braun is the tech-team, not his factories at Peenemünde

Borregaard, Elkem, Christiania Spigerverk, Stroemmens Vaerksted and ElektriskBureau
Too small and irrelevant to fit into the game. Keep in mind that the relevance of the Norwegian tech-teams has to have some kind of correlation to the relevance of the tech-teams in other countries. If you yet find some of these proposals very important, give a reference that confirms its relevance.

Institutt for Atomenergi
There is no reason for deleting this one. This institute is a Norwegian success history when it comes to nuclear technology. Norway was the 6th country in the world to build a nuclear reactor, and that was because of this institute, not because of the university in Oslo.

Last edited:
new tec-team for palestina

Suggestions...

Abd al-Qadir al-Husayni
abdalqadiralhusayni.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Starting year 1936 – 1948? Or 1970 that’s up to the community of this TT project.

Skill level 2 or 3, management, small unit’s tactics, training, individual courage and decentralized execution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_al-Qadir_al-Husayni

John Bagot Glubb
johnbagotglubbtt.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Starting year 1948 to 1970.

Training, combined arms, centralized exec and infantry focus.
Level 5 because he was renowned for making the best Arab legion at its time, from wikapeida: During the 1948 Arab–Israeli War the Arab legion was considered the strongest Arab army
involved in the war. Glubb led the Arab Legion across Jordan to occupy the West Bank.
In a sense he would also be TT for Joradan instead.
96997818.png
[/URL][/IMG]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bagot_Glubb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.