• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@PlayerHOI - I don't completely agree... the new Mod folder would be much better if the replace_path issue was fixed as now you can put everything you need in the Mod folder (i.e. including things like province pictures that never worked in the Mod folder in FTM). So I can now make a mod so it doesn't affect vanilla at all. I think the issue with the province files having to be in the same structure is also caused by replace_path not working but I did the re-structure anyway. Altering the paths for the .gfx files is a little annoying but it helps keep track of what you have changed and its not much work compared to getting everything in the right position on the screen (also Modestus keeps telling me you don't have to do that if the image file is the same name and format!)

I came up with a little trick for the province re-structure... set up some dummy folders with the vanilla provinces in and then copied all of my provinces into those folders, when asked if I want to overwrite I said no, so just the "soviet" provinces (or whichever one I was doing) where left in my source folder. Get a new full set of provinces and repeat for the next folder.

@PlayerHOI - I don't completely agree... the new Mod folder would be much better if the replace_path issue was fixed as now you can put everything you need in the Mod folder (i.e. including things like province pictures that never worked in the Mod folder in FTM). So I can now make a mod so it doesn't affect vanilla at all. I think the issue with the province files having to be in the same structure is also caused by replace_path not working but I did the re-structure anyway. Altering the paths for the .gfx files is a little annoying but it helps keep track of what you have changed and its not much work compared to getting everything in the right position on the screen (also Modestus keeps telling me you don't have to do that if the image file is the same name and format!)

I came up with a little trick for the province re-structure... set up some dummy folders with the vanilla provinces in and then copied all of my provinces into those folders, when asked if I want to overwrite I said no, so just the "soviet" provinces (or whichever one I was doing) where left in my source folder. Get a new full set of provinces and repeat for the next folder.

I would love to use the mod directory as it does present the benefits you mentioned. Ohh well, back to modding after 3rd patch...

I would love to use the mod directory as it does present the benefits you mentioned. Ohh well, back to modding after 3rd patch...

Yes, I'm hoping that Podcat is going to come on here and tell me the issue has been fixed and is going to be released in a patch before the weekend... but I'm mentally prepared for disappointment ;) :)

quick question on trait modding...

from what i understand, we can use triggers from combat tactics (ie is_attacker = yes). which is great, and it all seems to work fine. there's a line in combat tactics which is "has_armour_unit = yes". what other units can we use here: can it be any (ie has_marine_unit), or is it just applicable for armour?

Question, but after all is there any option to mod things, like blocking sea invasions in provinces and blocking tech from being stolen? Think it makes 0 sense for a doctrine to be stolen.

Code:
Code:
tactic_blitz = {
    trigger = {
        is_attacker = yes
        has_armour_unit = yes
        OR = {
            skill = 3
            trait = panzer_leader
            skill_advantage = 2
        }
    }

base = 1
    picture = blitz
    countered_by = tactic_elastic_defence

movement_speed = 0.5
    attacker = 0.25
    defender = -0.15
}
Can we make blitz countered by multiple tactics in mod?

whoa, take me back to my first beta why dont ya. Try it and see what happens, but my guess is no

did you try doublestacking the command? also try doing it in brackets (look at unit creation of the lua for a template)
yep, with doublestacking the command it only executes the last one, with brackets the whole command is invalid

Anyway very thanks for your reply, may you have a nice day sir! I'm hoping the incoming 1.11 would brings us a huge surprise :D