• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BuddyLove

Colonel
16 Badges
Feb 21, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
There are tons of hardcoded martial gods out there to start with-- but what are the best hardcoded high intrigue characters?

I'm looking for a start that I can accomplish a few goals-- the Merchant Republic achieves (max your patrician house and 80 trade posts), and I'm thinking doing it as a Shia Done in the assassins would be the "best" route to go, but doing so you need a high intrigue character, and preferably one that starts either tribal or merchant republic.

Are there any good starts for this? (Or always high intrigue starts in general)

You seem to have no idea what hardcoded in the context of this game means. I'll entertain you, it means code written in C++ and compiled into the exe, thus it's hardcode and cannot be changed unless you have the source code; much like there are hard subs and soft subs.

Regardless, you are alluding to scripted content, not hardcoded. They can be found from history/characters.

I obviously meant in the way that it's used on these forums to describe starting characters who have certain traits "hardcoded" onto them as compared to totally random starting characters?

I obviously meant in the way that it's used on these forums to describe starting characters who have certain traits "hardcoded" onto them as compared to totally random starting characters?
That's not how hardcoded is used. Hardcoded is typically used the way Chlodio described. I don't think I've ever seen your version on the forums.

As for your question seduction focus can often raise your intrigue. Maidservant lover, lustful and master seducer all give intrigue bonuses. If you have intrigue education I believe that can be boosted to a higher level with seduction focus as well.

I understood what you meant ! :)

Check out the folder /history/characters, there are dozens of files with "hardcoded" characters in there. You don't need to look in all of them though, simply do a search in File manager for the word "intrigue" (no quote) and make sure to check the File Contents button. This will take some time and will yield around 60 od items, pick some culture files you like, open them up and do the search again, this time in Notepad or Notepad++.

I just did the above and got 69 files with the word "intrigue" in them. I then did the file by file search and it seems that you will need to do a lot of clicking as the "intrigue" rating only gives the base, you need to scan each found character for high Intrigue PLUS some favorable traits to boost it up.

Happy clicking !

EDIT - As my Linguistics teacher once told me at Uni - "Akchel worbs are irrelephant, so long as pipples can unnerstan ewe !"

That's not how hardcoded is used. Hardcoded is typically used the way Chlodio described. I don't think I've ever seen your version on the forums.

I've seen it used both ways, though referring to hardcoded mechanics seems like the default in my experience though.
(IIRC mostly seen the 'traits' usage in threads about either new start dates, modifying characters in old start dates. Also vaguely recall a conversation about the Charlemagne start specifically? But yeah, not the more common usage)

EDIT - As my Linguistics teacher once told me at Uni - "Akchel worbs are irrelephant, so long as pipples can unnerstan ewe !"
What are ackle words?

IIRC, Alfonso of Leon in 1066 is set to have good intrigue by default (in the same way his brother Sancho is set to have good martial). But neither to the extent you see with the earlier start dates pushing martial for various legendary characters.

...or you can use custom character generator and create an intrigue god yourself.

The only default skilled intriguers I can spontanously think of are Alfonso of Leon (1066) and William the Conqueror/Bastard (dito). Neither of which fit the other requirements (Muslims/Go for republic).
Given you don't want to endlessly roll on starting characters, I'd just go with a suitable ruler , join the assassins regardless of intrigue skill (unlike with the demon worshippers, you'll not suffer from this society, only progress slower).
To train your first character, use seduction focus and later on intrigue. Heirs you can train for more intrigue to have an easier time advancing in ranks.