Happy anniversary! Who are you playing?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't play it since the 1.0, i guess i will play Rome and see how it goes. I looks quite different, maybe i will like it this time.

Reactions:
Today is a special day! Imperator has stirred a tiny bit from its grave.

Who are you playing today?

I'm going for the tried and true. A good rome campaign! Gotta make that mare nostrum!
I'm thinking in playing Rome too. Will you play with Invictus mod?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I will retry now one of my superpeaceful diplointensive Gadir's games to compare. unsure yet if using invictus or not. probably as iirc in vanilla some missions for Gadir had triggers associated to Carthage instead of Gadir nad I assume it might happen also to Iol* and other phoenician independent settlements.

edit: That's a capital i, just to be not funny :D

Reactions:
Obviously I'm going to play with my favorite faction: Bactria!
As I was away for a long time, can anyone suggest good mods to use? my old list is almost completely out of date.

Attachments

• Imperator  Rome Screenshot 2024.04.25 - 15.57.43.48.png
    Imperator Rome Screenshot 2024.04.25 - 15.57.43.48.png
    4,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
You guys take Rome. I'll do Carthage and meet you in the seas where we'll thrash you (I've already finished the Sicilian mission tree because I blockaded the island so Rome couldn't get their armies there to help their ally).

(Bactria would probably be my next campaign)

• 1Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I’m currently playing as Rome with the Invictus mod.

Since I started playing again a couple of months ago, I’ve also played:
Seleucids
Bactria
Parnia into Dahae into Parthia
Carthage

It has made me realize how much the mission trees increase my enjoyment of longer campaigns.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Thebes has been a classic for me but right now I'm gearing up for a full Ptolemy run.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm thinking in playing Rome too. Will you play with Invictus mod?
I'm playing with Terra Indomita. It's mostly based on invictus but it adds east asia (which I really like). It has a few extra features from vanilla like an age mechanic, more buildings and resources, and a ruler focus.

I think it's a bit harder but not sure.

I also have a couple QoL mods like virtual limes.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am playing as Rome. Won the first provinces from Carthage and have turned east into Greece. Still have to conquer the Po valley. The year is 232 BCE.

Also paying more attention to the economy and trade routes for all my provinces.

Sorta keeping Carthage around as a mid level boss and making the Ptolemies the final boss.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Finally I did it! Even made my own Cesar and won a mega civil war! I even tried to mostly stick to conquering places at the historical timeframe.
View attachment 1125400
Yeah so I delved into another civil war only a year or two after this amazing screen cap. Very historic. I don't think I'm pulling this one back haha.

homer.jpg

• 2Haha
Reactions: