• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea if you get the hang on launch, you can restart your game and it should be fine. But the day 1 patch has a fix for this, so if you restart steam you will download the patch, or verify game files within steam. Once the game is updated you will not experience this issue anymore!

I'm still suffering with the GoG version.

Well made a little progress, set graphical settings from the launcher to low.

i got past the initial logo screen to the main AoW Planetfall logo screen, now it freezes there and the application stops responding.

Last edited:
Got a serious problem here. The game won't even start for me (I am on Steam). After clicking on "Play", it only shows the "Could not start the Paradox Launcher..." error window. Have tried restarting Steam, verifying the game's files integrity, but to no avail. Please help.

Some say it helps to launch directly via AowPF.exe in "\steamapps\common\Age of Wonders Planetfall". Just in case you can also right click on it and select "run as administrator". Other than that, what Ella said. :/

Yes, you just need to connect your Steam account to your Paradox account and then any of the compatible games that you've purchased through Steam will show up in your Paradox launcher!

Managed to get it working my antivirus didn't show the program as something it was blocking but it was still interfering with it. It was after updating antivirus and restarting my pc that it finally showed as something it was blocking and allowed me to trust it.

Managed to get it working my antivirus didn't show the program as something it was blocking but it was still interfering with it. It was after updating antivirus and restarting my pc that it finally showed as something it was blocking and allowed me to trust it.
Thanks for that update! Which AV app and what did you have to do to get past it?

Thanks for that update! Which AV app and what did you have to do to get past it?
Im using COMODO which is known for being a bit overzealous and it was one of the first things I checked but initially when troubleshooting Planetfall wasn't listed as a blocked program but after updating COMODO and restarting my pc it subsequently did show up in the list of blocked programs which then allowed me to trust the program.