• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sniggles fab claim serves a purpose, and to never use it at all is silly. it's good as a supplement to all the other claim options. there's nothing "cheating" about it at all. The AI does it to you anyway. You're not impressing people by being that guy who is "too good to use it." So what. You're just missing out on a upporting option. That's your loss, and it doesn't somehow make you a higher calibre CKII player than ones who do.

I guess I haven't played enough to learn this, but how else can you expand more efficiently than fabricating claims? I've only played a game for about 90 years, but the only opportunities I had to expand were three fabricated claims and crusading.

press friendly vassal claims. request invasion from pope. ducal claims.

I'm working on a mod that gives an advantage to players that have stats higher than 13 thats how I found out about the modifiers and limiting them tot he player.

Yes it gives the player an advantage in the diplomacy toolkit department, and I find having a lower waiting period for things to happen to be more fun. But like the guy found out in this thread, can be chaotic when it applies to the ai as well. Players can have self-control, while ai's are vicious evil machines.

If you cant expand without fabricating claims you are doing it wrong.

Grats on cheating, hope you feel great.

I DO I DO.....hope you feel great also. ;)

That's the wonderful thing about this game there is no such thing as "CHEATING" because there is no WIN goal. ;) You CAN'T WIN I don't care how much you play or HOW you play there are no VICTORY condition. ;) So, people are only cheating themselves if they don't make the game like THEY want to play it. ;) (if it's possible to mod of course as not everything is moddable). So, don't be jealous because I'm having fun. ;)

That's the wonderful thing about this game there is no such thing as "CHEATING" because there is no WIN goal. ;) You CAN'T WIN I don't care how much you play or HOW you play there are no VICTORY condition. ;) So, people are only cheating themselves if they don't make the game like THEY want to play it. ;) (if it's possible to mod of course as not everything is moddable). So, don't be jealous because I'm having fun. ;)

That is a dangerous amount of winky-smiles.

Pressing friendly vassal claims? Is that like if I'm a king and one of my dukes has a claim to a county not in my realm, I can go to war to get it for him?

Don't let anyone get to you. You bought the game, its single player, its mod-able, have fun with it.

Pressing friendly vassal claims? Is that like if I'm a king and one of my dukes has a claim to a county not in my realm, I can go to war to get it for him?

yes. and since he is your vassal and you are his liege, you added a new duchy to your kingdom (careful when pressing claims of UNLANDED people in your court; they won't be yours anymore unless you are default their du jure liege. to avoid accidently winning land for someone and then losing it, give the unlanded character something small like a county)

Yeah I wish the board didn't put the icon faces for the winkys as that is habit from as far back as the early 80's to add them to a line I am HAPPY about. Guess I'll use my old one :_)

Yeah I wish the board didn't put the icon faces for the winkys as that is habit from as far back as the early 80's to add them to a line I am HAPPY about. Guess I'll use my old one :_)

oh please I'd bet my 401(k) that you weren't born UNTIL the 80s.

So if you want to abuse the mechanic the way he did you'll have to make the claimant a lord i your realm before you win the war.

Nick

I still don't understand the mechanic properly. I'm playing as England, and one of my vassals had three count titles in England and a claim on the duchy of Brittany. So I thought "That's great, I'll gain a nice big duke vassal by pressing his claim". Well...I won the war quite easily, and after enforcing my demands in the peace treaty, that claimant became independent, taking his three counties with him! I reloaded a save from before the war.

Hm, I dont look down on people for cheating in a single player game, but it's not exactly bragging material either...

And it's kinda odd coming from the crusader-against-inviting-foreign-claimants guy. Just a week ago you were ranting about how the game was too easy to exploit, and now you're bragging about making it a cakewalk with cheats? Gotta say I'm scratching my head here.

in order to get the land the claimant needs to be in your dinasty or the land needs to in the de jure. after u win the war u can ask claimant to beyour vassal and he will join u but good luck woth that, almost never happens.

Hm, I dont look down on people for cheating in a single player game, but it's not exactly bragging material either...

And it's kinda odd coming from the crusader-against-inviting-foreign-claimants guy. Just a week ago you were ranting about how the game was too easy to exploit, and now you're bragging about making it a cakewalk with cheats? Gotta say I'm scratching my head here.

The rant was about HOW MANY EXPLOITS are in the game NOT about people USING them. So you misread and miscomprehended. I just asked that the EXPLOITS be removed or adjusted so they wouldn't be "temptations" for ME. ;_) I could care less if YOU exploit the game, you wanna exploit, exploit away, but, I still reserve the right to ASK the DEVS to REMOVE them :_)

in order to get the land the claimant needs to be in your dinasty or the land needs to in the de jure. after u win the war u can ask claimant to beyour vassal and he will join u but good luck woth that, almost never happens.

Yeah and tell me what you get when you help a claimant get KING of DENMARK? Huh? Yeah? just tell me that?? lol I got NUTHIN for helping him. But, I darn sure get something when I use my OWN CLAIMS.

The rant was about HOW MANY EXPLOITS are in the game NOT about people USING them. So you misread and miscomprehended. I just asked that the EXPLOITS be removed or adjusted so they wouldn't be "temptations" for ME. ;_) I could care less if YOU exploit the game, you wanna exploit, exploit away, but, I still reserve the right to ASK the DEVS to REMOVE them :_)

Uh huh. And then go on to create your own.. and brag about it? Somehow I maintain this doesn't add up but what do I know. One thing is certain, is that Paradox games are thoroughly moddable and if you're vulnerable to 'temptations' you'll want to avoid poking in the game files too much :p
Yeah and tell me what you get when you help a claimant get KING of DENMARK? Huh? Yeah? just tell me that?? lol I got NUTHIN for helping him. But, I darn sure get something when I use my OWN CLAIMS.

If you have an higher tier title (ie, are Emperor), you CAN get all of Denmark in one war by helping a claimant, as long as this claimant is already your vassal. IMO this mechanic is actually too strong. Once you get an Emperor-tier title, you can unite Christendom with great ease albeit with considerable micro-management.

Plus there is a Big difference between EXPLOITING and MODDING. What I have done is MODDED the game not exploited it. Everyone (including the ai) is going to get the now 13.98% chance to get a claim not just me, but an exploit like using your lowborn court members to get high stat councilors IS and EXPLOIT because the AI will never do it (of course the DEVS in their GREAT WISDOM fixed this one in the patch 1.03b I'm happy to say :_).

Uh huh. And then go on to create your own.. and brag about it? Somehow I maintain this doesn't add up but what do I know. One thing is certain, is that Paradox games are thoroughly moddable and if you're vulnerable to 'temptations' you'll want to avoid poking in the game files too much :p

If you have an higher tier title (ie, are Emperor), you CAN get all of Denmark in one war by helping a claimant, as long as this claimant is already your vassal. IMO this mechanic is actually too strong. Once you get an Emperor-tier title, you can unite Christendom with great ease albeit with considerable micro-management.

Yeah and if IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. lol Becoming Emperor is rare to say the least and not something most players would attempt to do. I'm talking from a normal standpoint of count or duke or king. You get NOTHING for helping them get a Kings crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.