• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MentziaIII

Second Lieutenant
13 Badges
Jan 17, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
( With all the new content added lately , the CK II Wiki badly needs updating. )

Question 1 -- Once you put a relic in the great cathedrals relic tomb , do you get to view the relic ever again ?

I put a generic , " Saints finger bone " in the relic tomb , but now the only clue I have that it contains a relic , apparently , is in comparing numbers ; In the list of great work modifiers it says my great cathedral is currently giving me + 0.35 Piety. But it says in the relic tomb add -on info that the relic tomb only gives me + 0.25 Piety.

So my guess is the extra 10 points comes from the saints finger bone I put in the relic tomb ?

Also , if you use console command , " Charinfo " and hover your cursor over the Relic Tomb add - on , it says , " is _ storing _ relic.

As far as I know , these are the only two ways I have of " looking at " my relic once I have put it in the relic tomb .

Question 2 -- Can you repair / restore / improve historical Great works ?

I'm guessing you have to be pagan to restore Stonehenge , if it is even possible to do so ?

What about the Great Mausoleum at Halicarnassus , does it have special requirements to restore it , if you can restore it ?

Question 3 --- Is there a way to find great works without visually searching around the map ?

Question 4 -- Is there a list somewhere of the historical great works ?

Question 5 --- I'm currently playing a Catholic Celtic King of Brittany , currently in the 9th century , and the giant ruler statue great work is not in the list of great works I can build. It simply isn't in the list. Anyone have a clue as to why it isn't even on the list ?

2. Yes, you can. Costs a bunch of money and takes quite a while, just like regular construction. You can't build improvements while repair is going on.
3. There is a page on the ledger, listing all wonders.
4. Here is a list of pre-existing Great Works: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Great_works#Historical
5. Some Great Works have requirements to even show up. You can probably find more info on the same page that I linked above.

So, related question:
If a great work gets damaged during construction, what do I need to do to restart construction? I have a great harbor that is stuck half-way to level 2 because it got damaged somehow and I can't figure out how to fix it.

there is a button, right below the construction progress bar, one is for looting, should be always there and right next to it is a repair option (only there if it is damaged)

Note that a lot of the ancient historical great works start out damaged, so you'll need to repair them that way as well before you can do anything about them. Also note that you can intentionally damage some of them for money if you can't use them, so you at least get some use out of, say, the Pyramids as a non-Egyptian ruler.