• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Veldmaarschalk said:
I am pretty sure it will be in 3d and you will need pixelshader 2.0. Which has been available for over 3 years.

So it is not really the latest in graphics technology

First ps 2.0 card (first dx9 card) was available since 2002. It is 6 years. I think most laptops have a dx9 igp.

wolf21 said:
What I'd realy like to see is an option to change to 2D and use counters instead of sprites.
That'd be far too much work and, as others have said, it's basically impossible.

Man I'd settle for 2d if they just have a nice looking map. with 10,000 land provinces tho I am a little concerned at what its going to look like.

the map for world at war from matrix looks decent. Id settle for that in 2d.

marshman said:
Man I'd settle for 2d if they just have a nice looking map. with 10,000 land provinces tho I am a little concerned at what its going to look like.

the map for world at war from matrix looks decent. Id settle for that in 2d.

Is the map in Rome not nice looking enough? IMHO it's about the only good thing Rome brought.

I find the whole "3D SELLS" argument to be rather weak for many games today still use quite attractive 2D systems, yes they might not be the EA or whatever of the world but 2D games are still being made, look at AGEOD, I find that their recent games look a hell of a lot more attractive than EU3 or Rome which look rather bland and ugly for me, and they cause hell on my computer making the game run a hell of a lot slower than the previous 2D games did. I'm just afraid we'll see generic 3D low polygon panzers chasing around a European map that would add nothing at all to the game. Appealing to a wider market with a, to be frank, ugly 3D system doesn't work. An attractive 2d option is the way forward, despite knowing that this will never happen so who cares what I say. Just mourning the past that's all.

Kurek said:
I find the whole "3D SELLS" argument to be rather weak for many games today still use quite attractive 2D systems, yes they might not be the EA or whatever of the world but 2D games are still being made, look at AGEOD, I find that their recent games look a hell of a lot more attractive than EU3 or Rome which look rather bland and ugly for me, and they cause hell on my computer making the game run a hell of a lot slower than the previous 2D games did. I'm just afraid we'll see generic 3D low polygon panzers chasing around a European map that would add nothing at all to the game. Appealing to a wider market with a, to be frank, ugly 3D system doesn't work. An attractive 2d option is the way forward, despite knowing that this will never happen so who cares what I say. Just mourning the past that's all.

How many AGEOD games do you see in Best Buy or Gamestop? Marketing solely to the internet gamer demographic just dosn't work once a company grows past a certain point.

Kurek said:

I'm not trying to convince any that 3d sells. I does, I know it does. But some people may prefer the graphics of Victoria, EUII, and HoI2 over graphics of EUIII. My question was, do you prefer those old graphics?

I'm from Poland and I wouldn't know of the AGEOD games if not for the internets. Paradox' on the other hand are in the biggest retailers here. Completly different scale.