• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Things are looking pretty damn good for Songhai (even though France is a monster), but yeah, you need to take all of Africa and the US

Skefrep - Yes, GB got attacked by French and they forced release of this state, also Poland is big but will collapse soon.
Homy_dog31 - I need imperialism CB to get provinces from Ottomans, before that I will try to take eastern coast - tribal conquest cb against Swahili.
Tallfellow - Economy is only problem, low base tax values makes me earn less money at end of year, and It's hard to invest in buildings without heavy minting.

Episode 2 Part 6 - 1st French-Songhai major war.

As the title suggests, I will attempt to weaken French. To do this we must accomplish two things :
1. Big army
2.Land connection, because landing via navy is too time consuming and dangerous and French neighbours are unlikely to give us MA.

Our army is creating so we can move to point 2. Best land connection would be through Iberia. France was DoF some time, but now it seems their lost title.
EU3_1-17.jpg
As always Castille shows no resistance.Sneaky French also DoW them.
EU3_2-10.jpg
We get 2 provinces near Mutapa and land connection to French via Eastern Iberia coast.
EU3_3-8.jpg
Slider move goes toward Land for cheaper army and more FL.
EU3_5-11.jpg
I havent had this cool event for like 100 years, good to see this again.
French make peace deal with Castille.
EU3_6-6.jpg
Notice how landlocked they are now, funny >: D
Since we laugh at Castille they hit us in face with
EU3_7-6.jpg
Crusade, this will give French some buffs in war with us, not good.
EU3_8-6.jpg
After 18 years our armies are finnaly ready to strike at French, attrition will be pain homever.
Also our leader dies and we elect new one, old one was 9adm/9dip/3mil while this one is 3adm/9dip/9mil, truly strange, overextension hits us.
EU3_9-6.jpg
Only ally that joins French (not on picture) is Norway, they are no threat homever.
Looks like they fought war recently, that would expalin 9 WE, I dont understand why they have 0% war capacity.
First months of war go well, we capture North Iberia and push towards South France, their doomstacks will soon arrive.
EU3_10-7.jpg
We win all major battles and annihilate some stacks.
EU3_11-4.jpg
Old French enemy backstabs them thus making France more likely to accept our peace deal, we also lose one stack by mistake (chasing with 0 morale army)
EU3_14-1.jpg
WE is dangerously high (8), together with overextenstion I have 6 RR in Africa and above 10 in other parts of my empire, time for peace deal.
EU3_12-3.jpg
Now we have more room for moving armies in future war.
This parts end with truly happy end : Songhai people finnaly see friends in English people and are glad to accept them into society.
EU3_13-4.jpg
//In ten (?) years cores on NA will appear, this could mean high tax boost and another culture accepted.

Yeah, as you slowly get cores in Northern Africa, Iberia and the Isle's that should help your economy alot!

But very well played first war against France.

Great update! France has been beaten back for now!

Very good work and results from war with France:excl:
Fast wars 2 years or less work best if you can flood them.

Congratulations; the first battles are usually the hardest. Now you are an undisputed power in Western Europe :) . In the meantime, start converting your provinces in Europe to Islam, even if it is only one province at a time.

Tallfellow - go get real profit from my European holdings I would have to connect them to my capital, and this wont be easy : P
Ashantai - Thanks. French are still major threat, they lost just few provinces.
Dragonizer - Big nations like France tend to have level 1 forts everywhere except capitals because of lack of magisters, so I simply walk and assault.
Homy_dog34 - They are still my biggest enemy.
MrQwerty - When Im done with converthing North Africa (yea, few provinces still resist) I will start converting Pagans, then British Isles and then rest.

Episode 2 Part 7 - Rebels, rebels everywhere.

Because of war exhaustion rebels keep appearing in our countr, they are not threat - just annyoing, especcialy when they appear in areas I dont have any army and moving takes long time

While we wait for rebels and truces to go away new national idea slot appears (25 gov), we choose something to deal with rebels.
EU3_1-19.jpg
Now, when revolt risk in my main provinces is 0 we can move on and conquer something. Portugal colonies seem nice target.
EU3_2-12.jpg
All their allies join and Sweden becomes war leader.We capture Portuguese mainland and colonies, Sweden keeps spamming us with white peace offers, smart guys.
EU3_3-9.jpg
As you can see I renamed some armies for better organisation.
We still have only 16 infamy so it's time to visit our old friend Castille.
EU3_4-6.jpg
Austria learned a lesson and dishonoured call. We ignore Castilles army and assault provinces,
EU3_5-12.jpg
Claims on 2 provinces - one is French possesion in British Isles and second - you see it.
In 1632 peace strikes.
EU3_6-7.jpg
Small note : Im not going to take Badajoz untill Cordoba cores because I have embassy there.
Year passes and our infamy is 18, we move to America and conquer Indians before someone else does it.
EU3_7-7.jpg
Meanwhile our university in Gao (capital) is finished and we can enact two good decisions :
School Establishment act : +4% PE, -3% Stability Cost, -2% Tax, +3% Build cost.
Islamic Centre of Scholary : +8% Build cost, -1RR, +2,5% missionary chance.
While building cost has raised greatly (11%), it should have no big impact on treasury.
EU3_10-8.jpg
One war ends, another starts, our tactic - walk and assault - is working greatly.
EU3_11-5.jpg
Africa in 1634, after conquering Castilian Swahili, I will use tribal CB to conquer real Swahili and then clean mess in Ethiopia.
To convert all pagan provinces Im going to need a lot of missionaries. There is easy way to get some more, shame I havent thought about this earlier.
EU3_12-4.jpg
Conquering Pope will give us 0.5 more missionaries and +1% prestige per year.All his allies join war, with Sicily becoming war leader.
EU3_13-5.jpg
After leaving Roma, Tuscanian army arrives and conquers the city, meanwhile we go to Sicily and talk with their king.
EU3_14-2.jpg
War ends with Sicily paying tribute to us.
Now small look at armies :
EU3_15-3.jpg
Our army is biggest on the world but we are not able to use all of it in war.Austria as emperor is second on list. French army seems to be very small, this may be good opportunity to strike.
We send spies and discover few things :
EU3_16-3.jpg
This is only French big stack in Europe. There is also 5k soldiers in Liguria. This seems to be good opportunity to reduce size of Blue Blob.
EU3_17-4.jpg
Four stacks attack from Iberia and stack from England lands in Normandy and proceeds to capture Capital. After 7 months of war French surrenders.
EU3_18-3.jpg
With rich wine provinecs secured our tarrif and trade income should increase.
Even such fast war had big impact on our nation.
EU3_19-4.jpg
//If I will ever do another AAr, It will be on 5.2, this war exhaustion from attrition is insane.
In 1638 we get backstabed by cores.
EU3_20-3.jpg
More cash!

looks like your haveing a good time.
stomping enemies is a lot of fun.
just keep eating.:)

Things are looking very good for Songhai, France is slowly being eaten, same with Portugal and Castille. So your biggest enemies aren't doing too well, which is always a nice thing to see!

I love it! Rome overthrown, Castille and France humbled again! Almost all of Africa is yours. Fantastic stuff.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd say it was impossible. Really nice work, keep it up!