• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Narestel

Captain
79 Badges
Aug 3, 2011
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Gettysburg
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
Getting units out of the castle

I've started the game and one of the very first missions give you another hero. This hero, will appear as reserve in a castle and I'd like to know how to get him out, because I can't figure it out.

I tried drag and dropping, double clicking, right clicking to my armies slots, since I had plenty of room for another unit, but I couldn't make it. I don't know if it was because my army was not exactly inside the castle or for any other reason so I would appreciate a clear explanation on how to do it step by step.

BTW, can we have more than 1 army at the same time going over the map?

Last edited:
When you recieve new units, the are automatically placed in your Army Reserve. In normal circumstances you can only access this Reserve with a normal Army if it is in a castle, but you get a special opportunity to take the newly arrived units out when you click on the notification icon that dropps down on the left side of the screen when you recieve the units. (The rest of the units that were there before the new one will be grayed out and you can't transfer them into your army at that time.) But once you close the Reserve window, you lose that special opportunity, the unit will be placed in the Reserve and you can only access it by moving your Army to a castle location.

You can have more than one Armies, yes, but those Armies need to be led by special Heroes which you get as the story progresses.

Morgan Le Fey will join your army in Chapter II and Sir Lancelot will become available in Chapter III. There's only one Army available in the Prologue Chapter in the Dead Legions DLC.

Ok, thanks for your reply! So, would it be possible to form a second army with the hero that I received, or is it only for the 2 heroes that you mentioned?

Ok, thanks for your reply! So, would it be possible to form a second army with the hero that I received, or is it only for the 2 heroes that you mentioned?
Only those 2 as far as I am aware of. It is not like the first game where every hero was a general as well here the heroes you get constitute another unit and the ones that can be commanders will let you know as far as I remember.

There are only three main heroes in the main campaign and that limits the number of armies you may have at any one time. Their portraits will appear on the top left of the screen once you get them so you will always know how many armies you can field.