• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it okay to type in the opinion about Pdx in the survey "I love you guys <3"? Or am i just a little strange and maybe addicted to the games?....

You can <3

Gotta be honest.
While I can tell that the in-game music is well done, I don't usually listen to it, but that's not exclusive to Paradox games, I usually have my own music or youtube in the background while playing.
So personally, I would not be interested in music packs.

However I know many others would be interested in them.

I thought the Stellaris soundtrack was much improved over EUIV's (although I still enjoy both).

I love good in-game music. Some of my favourites:

- Jack Wall's Mass Effect scores, especially The Normandy and the Suicide Mission
- Practically the entire Sims 1 and Sims 2 soundtracks. Especially Sims 1 downtown jazz, and Sims 2 build mode
- Civ IV Baba Yetu, also the Medieval/Early Modern themes
- Shogun 2: FoTS Ebb and Flow
- Age of Empires theme

EUIV's music isn't responsive. There's war, peace, and nothing else. A pack that added Age appropriate themes, and rearranged the existing themes - in a manner similar to Civ IV - would be cool.

Last edited:
Took the survey, but honestly, I don't feel like it asks the right questions. Just because I listen to certain genres outside of my gaming, doesn't mean that I like those in game. I thought the survey was going to be more about what kinds of music I want to hear IN the games, which I did force my opinion into the survey so I could have that included. I like rock out of game, but I want more PERIOD and CULTURALLY appropriate music for CK2 and EU4, not metal! I really hope they consider that seriously, and make more of that. Love it when it is done well.

Filled in the survey. Put in Andreas Waldesoft as one of my top three.

I do have an additional request to make: Could it be possible to buy the scores to some of the Paradox music? I would love to play something like "The Voyage".

I would have liked the option to answer "play with music mods," which is what I often do. (In particular I like those adding actual period music.)

Done! I am so happy you guys thought about music survey. There are certain issues regarding sound and music which really bug me (CKII I'm looking at YOU) so I'm happy I could share my thoughts. Best regards!
P.S.
Are there any chances you will publish survey results?
P.S.2
I forgot to mention that I love what Amplitude Studio did in Endless Legend. They added an option to have moments of silence between tracks. Even the best soundtrack gets boring/annoying after a while and having that silent minute or two helps to keep the music "fresh".

Last edited:
Done! I am so happy you guys thought about music survey. There are certain issues regarding sound and music which really bug me (CKII I'm looking at YOU) so I'm happy I could share my thoughts. Best regards!
P.S.
Are there any chances you will publish survey results?
P.S.2
I forgot to mention that I love what Amplitude Studio did in Endless Legend. They added an option to have moments of silence between tracks. Even the best soundtrack gets boring/annoying after a while and having that silent minute or two helps to keep the music "fresh".

Thanks for your input on what Amplitude did! I will try and share some tidbits with you guys! For now I am going to take out the post and lock it as the survey is now over! We have over 3000 respondents and I'd like to thank you for your support, you've been amazing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.