• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Czarina Julie

Czarina
9 Badges
Apr 11, 2008
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Awhile back, well really years, I created events for GER and DFR to ask for their former colonies back. I've tested these events for HOI2 (through version 1.11), Arsenal of Democracy (through version 1.11), and Irön Fist (1.29...but be aware that Irön Fist will be adding these into his game so no need to download this package).

Overview:
  • The events are only available to human German (GER or DFR) players so that the AIs can stay historical (though changing the AI % to a % higher than 0 in the 8 "Asks for X colony" events (4 - DFR, 4 - GER) will allow the AI to ask for the colonies). Although it requires a human player as Germany (DFR or GER), there are ai events for the countries controlling these provinces and countries near by.
    • German East Africa contains ai events for the UK, South Africa, Belgium, Italy, and Portugal.
    • German Southwest Africa contains ai events for the UK, South Africa, Belgium, Italy, and Portugal
    • German Cameroon, contains ai events for the UK, South Africa, Belgium, Italy, Spain, and Portugal.
    • German Togoland, Africa contains ai events for the UK, France, Italy, and Vichy France.
  • Each event ensures that the either their ally or friendly governments control ALL of the former colony's provinces
  • Each event ensures that no enemy forces are on the borders of their former colony. Don't want to return a colony only to have it retaken in a few days.
  • Each event will create a Schutztruppe militia unit from the indigenous people.
  • Some will create a level 1 port.
  • All translations for English, French, Italian, German, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian were done with (arggg :eek: ) Google translate. So if the translation is off a bit, please post on this thread the corrected language and I'll update the package.
I was thinking of doing more German colony requests for the South Pacific area such as:
  • German New Guinea - Both Germanys (GER and DFR) would be eligible if friendly troops took the provinces and no enemy troops are on the borders.
  • German Samoa - I'm thinking Germany (GER) would be eligible to receive this province if Germany and Japan are allied and no war exists between ENG, FRA, NZL, or AST.
  • Other German Islands lost to Japan (WWI treaties) - This will be only for the German Federal Republic (DFR). Japan (after WWI to end of WWII) would never release any of these islands due to their strategic value. After thinking about this one, if Germany and Japan are allied and no war exists between ENG, FRA, NZL, or AST then they could get 1 or 2 islands back but not all. Just need to think what island(s) would be good for a naval base that wouldn't harm Japan militarily or strategically. Japan would keep Truk and never release it, even to an ally.
If I do, I'll update this package. Please post is this thread if you would like to see these three additional events.

I will also be posting events for:
  • Mexico revoking the Treaties of Velasco, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, and the Gadsden Purchase if Mexico is Lennist, Stalinist, Nazi, or Paternal Autocrat. Tested but need to modify the ai for the USA if Mexico masses on their Southern border and has an unfriendly government.
  • Austria-Hungary Events - Way too many to list. See this thread for some spoilers and work completed.
  • Kleiner_Land Events - This includes events for many smaller countries that currently have no events. I started this to support some of my Return Lost Lands mod events.
  • Irish Events (these already exist in boulvard's Irön Fist mod):
    • Event for UK to ask for Irish help if Germany invades England. Ireland can refuse UK's help, join the Allies, demand Northern Ireland for their help fighting the German invasion, or go take Northern Ireland by force.
    • If Ireland is overran by Germany and the USA retakes Ireland, there's the option to create an United Ireland or create Ireland and letting the UK have back Northern Ireland.
    • If Ireland exists and never came to UK's aid and the USA has retaken Northern Ireland, there's a choice to return Northern Ireland to the UK or give it to Ireland.
To install these events just download the DeutscheKolonien.zip, unzip it, and follow the instructions in the ReadMe.txt file. Should take about 3-5 minutes. Thanks to Vilochka for the accurate Russian translations. The package (.zip) file has been update with is translations.

Attachments

• DeutscheKolonien.zip
    249,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As always you have done a good job!
I post events in Iron Fist this Sunday or one evening next week.
I will make some adjustments to the Italian language, I will leave the rest as it is.

As always you have done a good job!
I post events in Iron Fist this Sunday or one evening next week.
I will make some adjustments to the Italian language, I will leave the rest as it is.
Cool! Hopefully others, like yourself, that are not native English speakers will help with the other languages. I haven't spoken or use German since 1984 (unless it is ordering food from our German deli here) so I don't trust my German translations.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Great events for Germany! Amazing gfx - but maybe pic will be uncolored (for AoD)? A long time ago I just added germany national provinces in scenario file 1936.
OK! I corrected Russian translation and now I am write this post with google translater (without Google post will unread). One question - please cheak EVENT_400581_DESC - event for UK but in description - "After the Great War, France inherited..."

Attachments

• event_text_ToAdd.txt
    72,3 KB · Views: 0
Oops! I will do this!

Hmmm... Dose Your application have supports Cyrillic language (windows-1251)? HOI2 or AoD in event_text file column "I"(rus) was showed correct cyrillic text?

Last edited:
I have windows 7 64bit.
I should see Cyrillic as follows: Ïîñëå ñåðèè ïðàêòè÷åñêèõ èñïûòàíèé ìû ñìîæåì ïðîèçâîäèòü áàëëèñòè÷åñêèå ðàêåòû.
I've always seen this.
Ahh...Are you using Notepad++ or another application for the event text? In Notepad++ just do this:
Windows1251.jpg

Great events for Germany! Amazing gfx - but maybe pic will be uncolored (for AoD)? A long time ago I just added germany national provinces in scenario file 1936.
OK! I corrected Russian translation and now I am write this post with google translater (without Google post will unread). One question - please cheak EVENT_400581_DESC - event for UK but in description - "After the Great War, France inherited..."
Thanks! I can update the package for people with the correct Russian. My Russian is only good for Soviet military symbols, graphics, tactics, and the labels in a T-72 and BMP-2. I quit teaching that when I retired from the Army in 1996...a long time ago. :cool:

One question - please cheak EVENT_400581_DESC - event for UK but in description - "After the Great War, France inherited..."

Hello.

I ask to Czarina Julie, she replies:

<< The description is correct.
Let me explain. After WWI German Togoland was given to France. That is historically correct. What probably occurred was the Vichy event happen, Togoland becomes Vichy France, and then the UK took back one or both provinces.
The way the event is written there are 3 possibilities for Germany (DFR):

• If France controls both provinces of Togoland, they are ask if they want to return it and the UK event does not trigger
  • If UK (ENG) controls both provinces of Togoland, they are ask if they want to return it and the French event does not trigger
  • If France controls one province of Togoland and UK (ENG) controls one province of Togoland, both France and UK are ask if they want to keep it. Both the UK event and the French events trigger
All of the events for returning the German colonies are written like this. If UK controlled one province of Togoland and only France was ask for it's return, Germany would get only half of Togoland back. If UK controlled both provinces of Togoland and only France was ask, Germany would not get back Togoland even if France said yes.

Here's the actual trigger for the UK event:

Code:

#################
# England chooses #
#################
event = {
id = 400581
random = no
country = ENG
persistent = no

#Triggered by 400579 - Request Togoland Africa
trigger = {
event = 400579
OR = {
control = { province = 1003 data = ENG } # Lome
control = { province = 1004 data = ENG } # Bassari
}
}

And here's the actual trigger for the French event:

Code:

#################
# France chooses #
#################
event = {
id = 400583
random = no
country = FRA
persistent = no

#Triggered by 400579 - Request Togoland Africa
trigger = {
event = 400579
OR = {
control = { province = 1003 data = FRA } # Lome
control = { province = 1004 data = FRA } # Bassari
}
}

Notice how the 3 possibilities can occur? So just because UK received a message "...France inherited Togoland..." it has nothing to do about who controls the province or provinces. "...France inherited Togoland..." is just informing the player about history.
>>
All is correct ;)

i set caracters in windows 1251 but i don't see the cyrillic.

That is because it was previously saved as a non-Windows1251 file. I had the same issue years ago. You will want to get the original file, open it, then select the Windows1251. Also, there is an issue with Notepad++ saving the encoding for the first time. Here's site that explains it. Here is a video I did that shows how to save a new encoded file within Notepad++. Just follow it and you shouldn't have any issue. If you do, send me your latest message files for Irön Fist and I'll encode them for you, if I can. I am taking a day off from build the shed, really sore muscles, so I have the time today.
Here is the video.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ahh...Are you using Notepad++ or another application for the event text? In Notepad++ just do this:
Hello! Boulvard, I use default notepad too. About Togoland - Thanks for Your fully explain, it's my mistake! My knowledge about colonial empire of great country (as is UK, FRA, ITA, GER, USA, BEL, NED) very bad!
Thanks! I can update the package for people with the correct Russian. My Russian is only good for Soviet military symbols, graphics, tactics, and the labels in a T-72 and BMP-2. I quit teaching that when I retired from the Army in 1996...a long time ago. :cool:
Wow! In early 90's I just learned how to walk under the table.

Last edited:
Hello! Boulvard, I use default notepad too. About Togoland - Thanks for Your fully explain, it's my mistake! My knowledge about colonial empire of great country (as is UK, FRA, ITA, GER, USA, BEL, NED) very bad!

Wow! In early 90's I just learned how to walk under the table.
Yes, I am old ;)

Did you know that in 1993 a Russian colonel fought the US Army, on US soil, twice and won both times? Here's a except from an article about him:
...Colonel Andrei Demurenko, who in 1993 became the first and to date the only Russian officer to attend the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College (CGSC)...

One of the little known facts of the early era of Russian President Boris Yeltsin was that a Russian military officer actually participated in two attacks against American forces with a full complement of tanks and armored personnel carriers, and won both battles---and this happened in America!! In May 1993, then Russian LTC Andrei Demurenko, while visiting the National Training Center (NTC) in California, was placed in one of the lead vehicles of the opposing force (OPFOR) from which he assisted the regimental commander's attack against U.S. forces in training.

I was in the OPFOR during this time and got to meet the colonel. The OPFOR uses Soviet (Warsaw Pact) military doctrine, vehicles, tactics, graphics, etc. If an American unit rotating into Fort Irwin were to capture or search a disabled T-72, BMP-2/3, sapper ЛОЗ they would find a map of Fort Irwin in Russian with Warsaw Pact military symbols.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That is because it was previously saved as a non-Windows1251 file. I had the same issue years ago. You will want to get the original file, open it, then select the Windows1251. Also, there is an issue with Notepad++ saving the encoding for the first time. Here's site that explains it. Here is a video I did that shows how to save a new encoded file within Notepad++. Just follow it and you shouldn't have any issue. If you do, send me your latest message files for Irön Fist and I'll encode them for you, if I can. I am taking a day off from build the shed, really sore muscles, so I have the time today.
Here is the video.

As always ...you are the best! ;)
Now I try following the instructions of the video, then if I can't I will send you the files, I would like to succeed on my own.

Please, check the attached file, it has anomalous writings already from native attachment, I can't convert them to Cyrillic.

Please, check the attached file, it has anomalous writings already from native attachment, I can't convert them to Cyrillic.
OK! If I open this file with Notepad+ - I have this encoding. In original file encoding is same, I don't switch this.
20.jpg

If I open "Settings -> Preference -> New document/ Default Directory" I got this settings:
21.jpg

I don't know this desicion is right but I convert file to UTF8:
I want to notice one moment! Cyrillic text crush FRA and GER fonts as I know.

Attachments

• event_text_ToAddUTF8.txt
    79 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did you know that in 1993 a Russian colonel fought the US Army, on US soil, twice and won both times? Here's a except from an article about him:
Of course I don't know this! I readed this and now start to find some information about colonel - he succes businesman. I live in Russia but don't saw T-72 in real life, I only ride the civilian MT-LB every summer:)

Of course I don't know this! I readed this and now start to find some information about colonel - he succes businesman. I live in Russia but don't saw T-72 in real life, I only ride the civilian MT-LB every summer:)
I had a military drivers license for the T-72 and BMP since I'm not tall. We would 'kill' an M-1 tank and I would take off my helmet and let my long hair down to let them know it was a women that kill them o_O

• 1Like
Reactions: