• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pioniere

Field Marshal
17 Badges
May 29, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
We talked about me and the other developers about the ai for the Benelux countries Belgium, Luxembourg and the Nederland’s. Like if the German player attacks the Nederland’s, but wait with the attack on Belgium and Luxembourg. I suggested that if Germany(player) attacks Nederland while Belgium is natural there should be an reaction for the AI. Like Belgium joins the allies in a few days or that it start to set up forces, gearing etc. I would also consider this for The Nederland’s if Belgium attacked by Germany(player) and the axis(players). The Nederland would react in some similar way.
I do not say that the German(ai) should attack only one of the Benelux countries because it’s a-historical. This for the player if the player do something a-historical.

Another thing would be if the German(player) snatch Luxembourg some year before ww2 starts this would alert The Nederland’s and Belgium in some way. Like closer cooperation between HOL and BEL. Perhaps early allied entry. In 1936 Luxembourg is protected by France so I never move against the Benelux countries before 1939.

Might be nice with an old post it has been a while. I see there is a lot of spamming today, but this post is better.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We talked about me and the other developers about the ai for the Benelux countries Belgium, Luxembourg and the Nederland’s. Like if the German player attacks the Nederland’s, but wait with the attack on Belgium and Luxembourg. I suggested that if Germany(player) attacks Nederland while Belgium is natural there should be an reaction for the AI. Like Belgium joins the allies in a few days or that it start to set up forces, gearing etc. I would also consider this for The Nederland’s if Belgium attacked by Germany(player) and the axis(players). The Nederland would react in some similar way.
I do not say that the German(ai) should attack only one of the Benelux countries because it’s a-historical. This for the player if the player do something a-historical.

Another thing would be if the German(player) snatch Luxembourg some year before ww2 starts this would alert The Nederland’s and Belgium in some way. Like closer cooperation between HOL and BEL. Perhaps early allied entry. In 1936 Luxembourg is protected by France so I never move against the Benelux countries before 1939.

Might be nice with an old post it has been a while. I see there is a lot of spamming today, but this post is better.

Sounds like a logical idea as such an action would definitely set nerves jangling in the other Benelux country. Possibly more so if the Netherlands are attacked as there seems little point to that other than to broaden a front against Belgium. Perhaps slightly less if Belgium is attacked as the Dutch might believe they could remain independent as they did in 1914-18 although I think it did prompt a significant mobilization for them.

Definitely should be an option for Germany to attack Luxembourg prior to 1939 without some significant penalty as its a clear sign of aggressive intent.

Just realised the above was very badly worded. What I meant was that an earlier German invasion of Luxemburg should have some costs given its a clear aggressive action.

Last edited:
I think Luxembourg can remain as it is, but HOL and BEL should react to this I got this idea from Darkest Hour, but AOD can have its own version. This would only apply to what the German player do.

So you all are thinking something like the gearing up the UK, FRA, USA, AST, NZL has?
BTW - That reminds me to add gearing up for Egypt, Raj, Indochina, and French Mandate - Syria & Lebanon.

So you all are thinking something like the gearing up the UK, FRA, USA, AST, NZL has?
BTW - That reminds me to add gearing up for Egypt, Raj, Indochina, and French Mandate - Syria & Lebanon.

Well if its pre-1939 I would say some gearing in France and/or Britain but also reaction in any of the three Benelux nations not invaded.

If its 1939 then I wouldn't be surprised if either/both France and Britain see it as a casus belli. Especially Belgium as its an immediate threat to both nations and the Netherlands to a lesser degree. Luxembourg probably less so but going to ratchet up tension at the least.

Or did you mean a gearing increase inside Netherlands and/or Belgium if their not the one attacked? Would say definitely so if their at less than full industrial output but more likely is them looking for reassurances, which for Belgium at least would be moving closer to the allies in military/diplomatic terms.

That can be an effect for BEL and HOL yes.

did you mean a gearing increase inside Netherlands and/or Belgium if their not the one attacked?
I would add gearing events for BEL and HOL (like Pioniere states above) since UK, FRA, USA, AST, & NZL already has gearing events. Additionally give gearing events for UK's and France's puppets (e.g. EGY, RAJ, FSL, IDC)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would add gearing events for BEL and HOL (like Pioniere states above) since UK, FRA, USA, AST, & NZL already has gearing events. Additionally give gearing events for UK's and France's puppets (e.g. EGY, RAJ, FSL, IDC)

Ah thanks for clarifying. Never really looked at minor power neutrals so hadn't considered they might have less than 100% production. ;)