• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Caramel95

Major
24 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So here's my issue. I tried to buy AHD and the other new expansion pack, because i thought i might as well get it. But it wouldn't let because my base game wasn't through steam. So me with my very limited knowledge went and bought the base game through steam so i could have the expansions. When i start the game it, it goes well but part way through the loading screen when it gets to map logic part of loading it just stops and these error messages come up:

ulyc.png

So here's my issue. I tried to buy AHD and the other new expansion pack, because i thought i might as well get it. But it wouldn't let because my base game wasn't through steam. So me with my very limited knowledge went and bought the base game through steam so i could have the expansions. When i start the game it, it goes well but part way through the loading screen when it gets to map logic part of loading it just stops and these error messages come up:

ulyc.png

Go into your documents folder, then Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\map and try deleting the cache folder.

Same problem....... NO maps folder?

I tried looking in documents/paradox interactive/Victoria II all I have there is a file called logs. Inside are text documents, none called maps either. I deleted and reloaded again. Same results. (this is from steam as well.) Any other ideas?

Did you go through: Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Victoria 2 > Map ? and then delete the cache folder. Because that's where i found it and deleted it, now my game works.