• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GerGamer

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 15, 2014
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I bought the game last week on dvd and installed it on friday. The key and the game worked well until monday.
Some steam bug made the ''play'' symobol in the steam library tun into a ''purchase'' symbol but in the shop it was said that I already own the game. everytime I tried to start the game some completely blank update news screen popped up and nothing happened. So I thought to myself that this problem might disappear when i reinstall the game. So I uninstalled it but now the game is not anymore in my steam library and when I try to install it with the key in the manual (which i also used to install it in the first place) steam reports ''duplicate product key'' an won't install.
So it would be nice if you guys give me a new product key or move the game to my steam library manually.

Hi GerGamer,

Unfortunately this often means that the game is bought at a retailer purchasing their copies with fake or stolen creditcards (or other fraudulent payments). Once it comes to our knowledge that we did not receive payment for a code, we ask Steam to disable it. This can sometimes take up to a few weeks, and thus makes no sense in the eye of the player. More information can be found here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...t-where-you-purchase-game-keys!-Scammer-alert!

Also, since a couple of months ago, the IP has been given back to the developers. They now handle the support for Mount & Blade themselves. Please visit www.taleworlds.com for assistance with these games.

I just wonder if it disappeared due to the bug. Because it disappeared just in the moment I uninstalled the game. And this sort of bug where players were unable to play their games and this screen popped up were quite common at the time i was unable to play it and therefore uninstalled it.