Game crashing after reaching peace deal with France and Allies

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fernsong

Recruit
20 Badges
Oct 11, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War

Summary​

Game crashing after reaching peace deal with France and Allies

Platform​

Steam

Operating System​

Windows 10

Game Version​

Enabled DLC​

• All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?​

No

Description​

Playing as monarchist Italy in Ironman mode. Managed to land a naval invasion in the UK and created a collaboration government as I had used the create collaboration government spy method. Afterwards, I sent my divisions to help Germany push into France from the north (I had one collab government on France for 30%, to add to their Disjointed Government debuff). After Germany manages to capture Paris, France capitulates and the two newspapers pop up - the first for the Fall of Paris, and the second for the Fall of France. This is where the crash takes place, as anytime I try to click on any state during the peace deal, or open the list of states on the left side, the game immediately crashes. There is a section near the middle of the screen where, instead of the peace deal "click state" cursor, you get the regular game cursor. No matter if you manage to click the newspapers off screen before the peace deal kicks in, or if you click them off on the peace deal screen, the game WILL crash. I have tried opening the Ironman save on both the main launcher screen, and also by going through the Load Game menu, yet nothing changes.

Steps to Reproduce​

Play Italy, invade France from the north with one collab government, game crash when France dies and peace deal starts

Are you playing on a save from the previous/older version of the game​

No

Upload Attachment​

image (4).pngimage (1).pngimage (2).pngimage (3).png

Upvote 0
Thanks, for reporting the issue!

There's a fix for a crash in Peace Conferences on the open beta. Do the issue still persist on that build? If it does, can you please upload the crash report? It should be located in documents>Paradox Interactive> Hearts of Iron IV > crashes.

Thanks, for reporting the issue!

There's a fix for a crash in Peace Conferences on the open beta. Do the issue still persist on that build? If it does, can you please upload the crash report? It should be located in documents>Paradox Interactive> Hearts of Iron IV > crashes.
Thanks for the response.

I opened the beta "open_beta" Bolivar v.1.14.5.0917 (d40a), however it did not fix the issue, as the game still crashes upon attempting to take any action during the Peace Conference. I have tried a couple of times and have attached below the crash reports.

I seriously hope there's a fix for this as this is the first time I have been able to naval invade the UK in the thousand hours I have been playing and would like to be able to continue this game.

Attachments

• error.log
    106 bytes · Views: 0
  • error.log
  • error.log
There should be a zip file inside the Crash folder that has more information, could you look if you find that zip file? If so, it would be lovely if you could upload the whole zip file.

There should be a zip file inside the Crash folder that has more information, could you look if you find that zip file? If so, it would be lovely if you could upload the whole zip file.
Hello,

Is it one of the following files? I cannot seem to find any zip file in the folder.

Attachments

• 1713928854230.png
    1713928854230.png
    35,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1713928872683.png
    1713928872683.png
    9,5 KB · Views: 0
Maybe I remembered wrong and it's not zipped. Anyhow, that whole folder you have in the first image (ending with 230.png) is what I would need to investigate the crash a bit more. If you rightclick on the folder and select compress (at least on my computer there's a compress to zip option), then you should be able to upload the compressed file to the forums.

Maybe I remembered wrong and it's not zipped. Anyhow, that whole folder you have in the first image (ending with 230.png) is what I would need to investigate the crash a bit more. If you rightclick on the folder and select compress (at least on my computer there's a compress to zip option), then you should be able to upload the compressed file to the forums.
Of course, here you go, I added the previous crash from before I used the open beta as well (the latter file).

Attachments

• hoi4_20240423_010025.zip
    8,4 MB · Views: 0
  • hoi4_20240423_005533.zip
    8,4 MB · Views: 0
Sorry for the late reply, I've hade quite a lot on my table recently. Looked at the data but couldn't find out a reasonable cause for the crash. Do you still have the save file? I might be able to recreate the crash locally to gather more data.