• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 27, 2009
Right. So I've been playing Victoria for a couple of weeks now and talked a few of my mates into getting it. It runs fine in single player, but every time we try to run it in multiplayer it goes on until about January 10th, 1836 and the program freezes. I am running Windows XP SP2. Running with no mods, Victoria Revolutions 1.04. Help? We really want to get this going.

Upvote 0
First of all try with very slow speed at first. Can you get past that date this way? If the game runs well on very slow, you can try speeding up a bit later. Also it is good idea that the player with fastest and stable connection and pc will host the game.

If it seems that the game crashes on the same date everytime, you can try saving a day before it would crash. Then you can try reloading with this save. If nothing else helps you can try editing the date in save file with notepad.

Victoria is fun multiplayer game, but not too stable. I also wonder if you are using Revolutions or not. V:R version number should be 2.01 not 1.04

V:R version number should be 2.01 not 1.04
Unless you are actually running v2.0 which is very, very rare. v2.0 shows 1.04 on the menu screen.

If you are actually running v2.0, where did you get it?

Unless you are actually running v2.0 which is very, very rare. v2.0 shows 1.04 on the menu screen.

If you are actually running v2.0, where did you get it?

We all got it from a locally owned game shop, said he found some CDs and knew we'd love it because we're all Grand Strategy nuts. There was all sorts of games, including Vicky and Revolutions, all used copies. I figured there must be patches for the game but I can't find any, anywhere. I will try the advice given though, hopefully it'll work.

We all got it from a locally owned game shop, said he found some CDs and knew we'd love it because we're all Grand Strategy nuts. There was all sorts of games, including Vicky and Revolutions, all used copies. I figured there must be patches for the game but I can't find any, anywhere. I will try the advice given though, hopefully it'll work.
The reason I ask is that AFAIK the ONLY place you could legally get v2.0 was direct from Paradox/GamersGate when Rev was first released. The official CD version was released later and was already patched to 2.01. So there is no 2.01 patch available any more; CD owners don't need it and GG owners just redownload the already-patched game.

There was a thread about someone that got a 'Victoria Complete' pack from Amazon UK that didn't seem to be patched. Presumably this package was created by someone other than Paradox so you'd probably need to go to them to get a patch.

Last edited:
Well, it seems you got the game for free, so consider that lucky eh;) If you guys really like the singleplayer, gamersgate has a Vicky complete pack for about 25$ if I remember right.