• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(138116)

Captain
13 Badges
Mar 24, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
I don't know if this is a bug, but it's certainly annoying and has showed up for me on this system only (Samsung NC10 Notebook, Windows XP).

For some reason the game appoints advisors for me without letting me know. For example my spymaster got replaced by my wife. Of course my original spymaster had an intrigue of 10 while she had 17 (being prodigy and all), but I don't want her for my spymaster since she's my rival and has zero loyalty. Also, my marshal with martial skill of six got replaced by a guy with a skill of 19 without me knowing of it. He is also disloyal to me.

It's not even a loading problem. I removed my wife from spymaster's position, continued playing and at some point she was there again. I have the latest patch and the only thing I'm doing different than usually is keeping AI aggressiveness on aggressive instead of normal just to see what happens. (Surprisingly, kingdoms are staying much better intact than usually. France has grown and Germany is huge having conquered Poland.)

Upvote 0
Two reasons this can happen:
1) you reload a previous save: whenever you do so, the game reshuffles court position to what the AI thinks is best.
2) you've become AI controlled because your primary title changed.

I've reloaded a previous save at least once, but does that explain shuffling during the game?

The primary title has been Duke of Toulouse all along, that hasn't changed.

I notice this happens mostly with Diocese Bishop. The AI will place the courtier with the highest piety in the slot despite the fact that he's a lustful lunatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.