• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mikkelhoegh

Space friend
89 Badges
Mar 6, 2014
mikkel.hoegh.org
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
There are some decisions that requires “Full control” of an area, like reforming the Roman Empire or becoming the Saoshyant (Zoroastrian messiah).

However, if you have any holy orders in your lands, those Castles/Temples cause you to officially not have full control. The only way to be able to fulfill the requirement is to expel the holy order, which gives a permanent malus, and prevents future use of the HO (and destroys it if, like the Persian empire, there are no other places they could settle).

This is especially annoying for the Saoshyant decision, since you have to form the Persian Empire first, and the reward for doing that is the very powerful Immortals HO.

So currently, to become the prophesied messiah of the Persian people, you have to destroy its most holy order of warriors and defenders of the realm first.

I sincerely hope that wasn't intentional.

Reactions:
Or just use county claim casus bellies on them.

Actually, you shouldn't even need to do that for the Immortals. So long as you're Persian, Zoroastrian, and the emperor of Persia, the Immortals should simply accept an offer to vassalize them diplomatically, no trouble.

What I was proposing wasn't even a workaround, it's just straight up asking them to accept vassalage, which they will (I mean, maybe not if they absolutely loathe you or something, but that's rather unlikely), because you're an emperor of the same culture and religion and they're next to/in your territory. Bam, full control AND an annexed Holy Order, making them even cheaper to use.

Though if you're really determined to not vassalize them or consider it a bug, keep in mind, "full control" means "FULL control". If someone else controls any part of the territory, you don't have full control, do you?

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, my dynasty is Kurdish, so they refuse annexation :/
I believe the correct answer to a situations like this is simple: cheating.

I don't know if it is still possible, but if the Grandmaster of a Holy Order died, it did generate claimants in the HO's court. They didn't change culture, so you were able to invite them to court, land them and press their claim on the HO. That way, my Norse Saoshyant got his Immortals vassalized. I don't know if this still works though.

I don't know if it is still possible, but if the Grandmaster of a Holy Order died, it did generate claimants in the HO's court. They didn't change culture, so you were able to invite them to court, land them and press their claim on the HO. That way, my Norse Saoshyant got his Immortals vassalized. I don't know if this still works though.

It works, I just pressed a claim on the Knights of Calatrava today. The Duke of Aragon is also the Grandmaster as of now.