• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Free stuff from a developer? Le Gasp.

I know Kerberos and Paradox have been getting a lot of flak over the release, many of it justifiable, but the fact that I think you lot remain the only company of note which still seems to care about long-term customer satisfaction says a lot.

When so many AAA, extremely hyped games turn out to bug-sodden messes, patched twice and then abandoned, I have to give credit where credit's due, and I thuroughly look forwards to shinier spaceships and what SOTS II eventually ends up being.

Free stuff from a developer? Le Gasp.
http://www.reddit.com/
Please don't come back

Thanks, looking forward to it (with the fixes that will be accomplished by then too). What a wild and wacky week - if we had a few hundred cream pies, it would be like one of the old Marx Brothers movies.

lots of cynicism in here. First Paradox and Kerberos are dispicable pepole for not offering the DLC for free as a recompense for the launch debacle. But now when they actualy DO give all DLCs except the Human one for free, there must be some terrible conspiracy behind it to squeeze yet more money out of us?

Are you just posting on these forums for the sake of hating and spinning hate?

Not at all. One one hand, they're giving away free stuff as an apology, which is nice. On the other hand, the game is still horribly broken/incomplete and continuing to sell an alpha build is tantamount to fraud, IMO. Especially since, IMHO, it's going to take months to get SotS II into shape.

Unfortunately, the negativity of the latter is outweighing the former.

thank you ;) But .. ehm, I never heard of steam adding *new* DLC to a game without the account owner having to do something (And I've been on steam for a long.. long time), hence my asking. Is this gonna be listed under the Steam SOTS2 DLC tab then? And what will it say as acquisition method? ;p

I have had games where this was done. It should download automatically and also should show up under the properties/dlc window for the game.

On the other hand, the game is still horribly broken/incomplete and continuing to sell an alpha build is tantamount to fraud, IMO.

You're being overly dramatic, IMO. The game is not "horribly broken" for me, and it's actually quite playable and fun. Looking around, I'm apparently not the only person. So while the game does need work still, the implication that it's unplayable or unusable is not an experience I share.

I have to admit, that form of recompansation is really nice of the company. I would have kept the game anyway, but i think it shows clearly that they really are sorry for the bad release and really try to make up for it. Thumbs up!

If we get the other 5 DLCs, why not SolForce?

Just wondering, as I'm genuinely curious. I'd gladly rescind my right to the Liir or Suul'ka DLC for the SolForce DLC; it's not me being greedy. :p

If you're not gonna give it away, that's fine, but at least give us a chance to buy it! I don't want to miss out as they're by far my favorite faction. :)

Nice gesture!

Re the Sol-Force DLC: Isn't that one already included in the not yet released Retail Boxed Edition? Depending on contracts signed, they could be barred from releasing that DLC prior to a given date in any fashion but the box.

Yeah, but the Suul'ka DLC comes with the retail version too, which is why I'm wondering what the retail priorities for the SolForce DLC will be. I really hope it's not restricted to the box edition, as that'd be a little silly; boxed editions are so rare nowadays (I believe Paradox said like 90% of their income is from digital at this point).

Anyways, thanks for the generosity, Paradox & Kerb! Really appreciate it.

Last edited:
OK I geddit the Solforce pack is bound to the hardcopy release. Fair enough.

Thanks Paradox, this is appreciated, nice gesture.

I do hope Paradox and KP can stay friends and work together to get this game to the kind of finish it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.