• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
vertinox said:
I've seriously thought about it, but I'm thinking about going with Nappy first but if and only if Magni Mundi games will be compatible.

Chances are it will be a bit fat no because I believe Johan said the event hooks have changed which MM relies on a great deal.

I'm going to get Nappy anyways and if it works then it works, but if not, then I'll just have replay an MM game from the beginning, but I'd doubt it will be a Frankfurt.

Of course if that is the case... I'm probably going to stick with DV for CK and create a game from 1066 to 1950 depending if they ever get the conversions to work (I bet photobucket is going to hate me if that does happen)

I have been testing Magna Mundi Gold for NA without problems. Lots of new features. From a completely new aproach to NIs to a dynamic reputation system passing by possibilities of large scale invasions if certain conditions are met... and much, much more, of course.

Given the new modding capabilities, you can expect to have "blocks" formed and wars created by event (limited by different conditions).

Nice work, if you keep pissing on Poland you will be Emperor in no time!

I wish I could get Nappy, but alas I have no credit card and it won't be sold in stores so Im out of luck. Good update, elector today, emperor tommorow.

ubik said:
I have been testing Magna Mundi Gold for NA without problems. Lots of new features. From a completely new aproach to NIs to a dynamic reputation system passing by possibilities of large scale invasions if certain conditions are met... and much, much more, of course.

Given the new modding capabilities, you can expect to have "blocks" formed and wars created by event (limited by different conditions).

That's cool :D

Do you think my MMIV 1.01 game saves will be compatible with NA and the corresponding future copies of Magni Mundi though? If they are I wouldn't mind reviving this game after 1792. I've got a bit of unfinished business *coughs* and I'm a prime candidate for a "revolution".

Chapter VII: Its not my fault I annexed their provinces

Frankfurt: A tale of an angry little German city that could (Magni Mundi IV)
Chapter VII: Its not my fault I annexed their provinces
1549 - 1570

Not many words, but lots of pictures (which some I have forgotten to take)

060.png

But I don't do any trading! At all!
I suppose the middle choice is the less painful one.

061.png

DOES NOT WANT!
Somehow I was able to ignore this war altogether and someone offered me a white peace a few years down the road after I had forgotten about.

062.png

Frankfurt is growing a long nicely. Getting all those nice buildings that rake in the cash.
With the medical evolution the population rate is booming as well.
I suppose you can only trick people so many times into swimming in their outhouse looking for that magical Bavarian chocolate...

Which led to the great plague of 1505...

Too soon? Moving on...

063.png

I could hire an advisor, but seeing that I do not have a Navy nor do any trading, these people are useless.
I mean, what Naval advisory person spends his days hanging around a landlocked nation. Not very bright.
Hrm... I wonder if he'd believe an anonymous letter about magic Bavarian chocolate.

064.png

Who is this NO_TEXT_FOR_KEY_STRING and what do they want?
I went with the "refrain from this" mostly because that is how I feel about everyone else in Europe.

065.png

My neighbors seem to have gotten jealous of my new gains and annexed Mainz and then one of Wurzberg's provinces.
This might upset some of the balance of power around here with all the power mongering, war hawking, and belligerences going around.

066.png

So I declare war on the One Province Minor Wurzberg. That should show them.

067.png

Oh it turned out that Wurburg was Saxony's vassal and I couldn't annex her. So I did the next best thing and took Erfurt.

068.png

And now Bohemia (which has basically ate poland and inherited Burgundy) wants me to give it back.

069.png

Rather than giving it back or keeping it myself and face the wrath of a now superpower, I just release Thruginia and then hit no. Hah!

Thus ends Chapter VII in which Vertinox still forgot the part about the HRE getting angry at him. Unfortunately, Vertinox also installed CK again and is enjoying that game too much. Fortunately, he forgot to take pictures so won't be running a second parallel AAR with CK at the same time until at least DV or NA come out.
Find out in Chapter VIII: I'm pretty sure I have the HRE war next time

vertinox said:
That's cool :D

Do you think my MMIV 1.01 game saves will be compatible with NA and the corresponding future copies of Magni Mundi though? If they are I wouldn't mind reviving this game after 1792. I've got a bit of unfinished business *coughs* and I'm a prime candidate for a "revolution".

I tried and got lots of crashes...

Good update, but put down CK! Get back to the AAR :mad:

Chapter VIII: I forgot I had an AAR and the HRE finally gets mad at me

Chapter VII: I forgot I had an AAR and the HRE finally gets mad at me
1570 - 1577

070.png

Around this time the true with Saxony expires and they declare war on me.

071.png

Despite better leader stats, better die rolls, and more troops I beat them anyways. How odd.

072.png

Somehow in the process I annex Hanover. I suppose I'd look elsewhere too.

073.png

Saxony realizes the whole thing was a mistake and offers me two provinces as payment. Finally we are getting somewhere.

074.png

Hrm... This is awfully foreboding. I wonder who they are talking about?

076.png

Oh.

077.png

OH!

078.png

For some reason I think I need an advisor to help out with reputation...

079.png

...because lord knows I'm going to need it.

Thus ends Chapter VII in which Vertinox hasn't updated recently because NA is that good. Hopefully he'll finish way before CK:DV comes out or we'll never see another AAR from him ever again.
Find out in Chapter VIII: Surviving a the HRE's wrath

Please keep updating this clash with the HRE looks really interesting!

theycallmetight said:
glad to see youve continued, this hre war will certainly be interessting

Luckily, I have already taken all the screen shots of the game... I'm tempted to skip a bit more now that NA has come out and I have the great tempation to restart as Frankfurt with Magni Mundi NA, but I should finish this eventually. Hopefully before CK expansion. Oh well... Not enough time.

Speaking of which I'm going to post two AAR segments today. :cool:

Chapter VIII: Surviving a the HRE's wrath

Chapter VIII: Surviving a the HRE's wrath
1577 - 1578

080.png

Threatened? You keep using that word, but I don't think you know what it means.

081.png

The Good News: The Emperor is already at war with a lot of people.

082.png

The Bad News: The Empire is pretty friggin huge!

083.png

You think he's weak? Maybe you should look at the bigger picture of things

084.png

There now. So, you want to say that again?

085.png

Apparently a Magni Mundi event got Lorraine to declare war on me... Who just so happened to have France as an ally. Damn. This is going to be a two front war.

086.png

Bohemia seems to actually play a defense war like I am, but they have plenty of allies unlike me to throw themselves onto my spears.

087.png

Hrm... The Geo-political situation of the day is rather odd. Bohemia is at war with half of the world.
But only it turns out that I'm one of the few enemies that border Bohemia.

088.png

Savoy?! What? You mean you walked all the way from Northern Italy to attack me? Damn. I wish I had allies like that.

089.png

My allies are One Pronvince Minor vassals which I constantly have to save from annexation. *coughs*

Thus ends Chapter VIII in which Frankurt fights a pointless war with pointless people for a pointless reason. I really wondered I how I would get out of this one.
Find out in Chapter IX: Victory through casualties

Chapter IX: Victory through casualties

Chapter IX: Victory through casualties
1578 - 1578

090.png

Apparently, the enemy got scared that incompetence was contagious and fled the battle.
Either that or their arms got tired shooting our men. I don't think we can have many more victories like this.

091.png

Apparently, dying more than your enemy wins the day everywhere.

092.png

Apparently, dying more than your enemy is a legitimate tactic or incompetence is contagious because my enemy is doing the same now.

093.png

Seeing that I'm going to loose this war, and my repeated white peace offers have been rebuffed, I offer the things I want the least.
Keep in mind, somehow Poland became the leader of the alliance and that the AI already rejected just one vassal release.

094.png

Thank god.

095.png

Just in time to beat back the French Alliance.

096.png

Twice even.

097.png

I try to knock out Pommeria so I can fight a one front war without someone trying to keep taking Anhalt.

098.png

Umm... No thanks, you go right ahead.

099.png

Sadly, I have to give up on the idea because Pommeria's attrition is so bad, I figure I won't have anything left to deal with France after I beat them.

Thus ends Chapter VIII in which Frankurt fights a pointless war with pointless people for a pointless reason. I really wondered I how I would get out of this one.
Find out in Chapter X: Can a get a White Peace to go with my Fries?

vertinox: Bohemia is at war with half of the world.
But only it turns out that I'm one of the few enemies that border Bohemia.

awesome!!! and this is AI of Bohemia?? :eek:

great update!!!

THIS IS FRAAANKFURT!!! NO MADNESS :cool: !!!

M4 Emperior said:
[
awesome!!! and this is AI of Bohemia?? :eek:

The AI in Magni Mundi is for to be reckoned with especially for a small nation player. Truth be told, my rivalship with Bohemia lasts pretty much the entire game and I never can completey conquer them other than whittle them down bit by bit.

And its not as much as the Ai has improved than Ubik's events kicks the AI in the head until they do smart things which is all you can mod with EUIII.

That and attrition is harsh... Thats why its so hard to siege places.

wow you just keep stumbling into pointless war after pointless war, at least this one has a semi-point. Great update as always