• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JRHINDO

Hej Slaveni!
97 Badges
Feb 24, 2007
gh.ffshrine.org
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Impire
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Starvoid
  • Island Bound
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
France's Last Stand (1936-....)

The game is in progress, this is just kind an advertisement but i think, i will start next week.

I used the C.O.R.E. mod in normal, furious and with fow.
Plan: n/a {How much can i hold before Germany nuke me}
Alliance with: USA(+colonies), UK(+colonies), SPR, ITA(Puppet), POR, CHN, Central n South America, Scandinavia(has been obliterated by USSR)
War with: GER, CRO, SER, BUL, ROM, HUN, JAP / USSR
USSR at war with: Axis(Not at war with JAPs)/Allies
I got at war with Ussr when Persia declared war on Afghanistan while being an allie and ussr declared war on us, thus making USA join us and make the pacific war.... :wacko:

USA nuked Tallinn, some stuffs in Siberia. :confused:
USSR surprisingly nuked Koenigsberg. :confused:

France's situation: The year is 1944, I kept Jerries at bay on the Seine with some inf with some artilleries, anti-tank and engineer brigades. I made Italia my puppet(they seemed to have more lousy stats than France...

So tell me what you think :D

Last edited:
JRHINDO said:
So tell me what you think :D

Hurrah!..a new Hoi1 AAR and its a CORE one :D

:cool: Looking forward to it

Dr

Poland Crumbles-France Static {1939}

In September 1939 nazi Germany declared war on the allies and later on the Benelux countries. With blitzkrieg they captured Poland in less than 4 months...

October. 1939 Metz-Maginot Line
Hey mom we are out of danger for now says high command, but i hear the the polish are near submission. It's cold in the Ardeen mom, but the boshes aren't moving at all. And the forts here seems more like hotels than forts to me, but they still impressing none the less. So if anything happens, I'll write you, ok?
Oh, and don't let Jaque drink before he goes to hunt with Maurice and Roger, he shot himself in the foot because of that last time...

Ton fils Olivier​

France in the 30's still in a naive sense of protection with the Versailles agreements, and so their army was very small and underfunded. When the war begun their soldiers found them selfs with low qualities rifles, supplies and equipment...

494px-Waldenburgapl1945.jpg

February. 1940 Metz-Maginot Line
Mom, since yesterday the boshes are pounding us with artillerie but the fort are still standing. High command says they will send more troops along the Belgian border and some to us if needed, but I heared Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland have capitulated, that the Maginot line in Lorraine is crumbling and that the Boshes will send their Armies of Poland to us. The future sounds grim, I hope they will send those reinforcements.

Ton fils Olivier​

Spring 1940, the blitzkrieg tactic was also a success in the German's western campaign. with the Benelux out of the way Germany could focus their attack on the less defended Franco-Belgian border...

511px-British_prisoners_at_Dunkerque%2C_France.jpg

May. 1940 North of Dijon
Mom, if you receive this letter in time please go to Auntie Annette's place with everyone you can, don't take too much just leave Dijon.
The Boshes are advancsing very quickly, to tell they attacked us from the rear!! Now my companies and I are retreating toward Dijon... High command says that they passed the Maginot Line from the Franco-Belgian border and now that they near Paris and I heard that they declared war on Denmark and Norway. Now go get Jaque, Pierre, your friends if you can and take the train directly to Marseilles.

Ton fils Olivier, qui t'aime.​

Soviet_soldiers_moving_at_Stalingrad.jpg

Beginning of June. 1940 Lyon
Madame I am very sorry to address you this letter.
Your son captain Olivier Bataille has died a war hero, fighting for the republic and for the freedom of France. He fell fighting in the streets of Dijon, I saw him fighting ferociously for his hometown, he will be awarded a postmortem medal for his bravery.
Again I send you my Sincere condolence and I hope you won't have to experience that once more.

General de Gaulle​

ps: this may sound cheesy but its my first time :) and i ain't got lots and lots of time.
It's half based from a true story though (apart for the ww2 context).

Last edited:
Cool ,great start i am sucked in already,nice use of pics and writing style.

Reminds me a little of a WW1 comic story i used to read called Charlies War.

You can still do screenshots in game with the F11 button if your PrtScr is broke.

Dr

The fall of France or is it? {late 1940}

(Beginning of fantasy)
As fall past, France struggled to stand tall and hold its grounds but it did.
By 1940, almost every country among the allies were sending troops in France to assist the French in their Homeland, but casualties were high and supply scarce.
By December France lost all of its territories on the east bank of the seine river and all the main bridges were out, this period was called "the bridge wars". Every bridge, as small as they were was of the utmost importance, time was low to rebuild bridges. The remaining ones were to be defended no matter what the cost.

390_montauk_navy_pilot_SGPg38Pic1_Golan.jpg

December. Dijon. Fighter air base
Hey mom, I heard about Olivier don't be too sad, he fought for our home and i heard he was in the street we lived in before the boshes got him. I know what you are gonna say mom, but no i will not desert the air force mom. Heck, i bombed two of their Panzers last week and i brought down a German Junker yesterday and my friend Mark killed two!! So don't worry mom, a combined American, Canadian and French force is protecting the Area, I will write you next week.

Ton precieu Pierre, qui t'aime...​

Most of east bank Paris was razed by the Germans when they took it, including the senate, all political buildings and administration. And afterwards most of the Ministers, Senators and other political mens were executed by the Germans, among them was the President.

769px-Paris1944.jpg

France in need of a new President and not of a new king, as many suggested, turned to general de Gaulle (for game play purposes) who by himself already managed to hold several important bridges and retook Dijon.

B17-dropping-supplies-for-resistance.jpg

Sometime after Martial Law was declared in France, the military took over administration and new laws were made specially for the war: the legal sell and buying of weapons. But the major problem wasn't the lack of weapons but more often the lack of ammunition, even with allied supplying France was in constant need of supply.

487px-Member_of_the_FFI.jpg

Members_of_the_Maquis_in_La_Tresorerie.jpg

With this law came a kind of warfare: Guerrilla warfare.
Maquis sprung up all over German controlled territories with allied airborne supply delivery. A village, liberated 8 months later, was found with over 50 weapons of all uses and a year of ammunition for a population of 46, they claimed to have killed over 200 axis troops and destroyed 38 vehicles, 8 Panzer, 3 Panthers and 2 bf-109, the Village was awarded a special medal for courage and bravery in the face of an exterior oppressor.

Last edited:
JRHINDO said:
I will edit my posts to add screenies later :)

Please continue good sir.....

doc.gif